#33 Performance of a 47

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh this should be real good : )

2" KUNKLE VACUUM RELIEF VALVE, 215V SET @ 14HG

The waste tank vacuum regulating system can be controlled by a Kunkle Valve which limits relief to 14” of mercury and prevents vacuum and airflow loss, which is common on traditional spring-loaded relief valves.

This vacuum regulating system provides outstanding water extraction capabilities. If you have a smaller blower like a 36 or 45 this kunkle valve will increase your vacuum equivalent to the larger 47 or 50 blower.

· This 2” NPT Kunkle Valve is set at 13”-14” HG (the mount plate is not included, purchased separately)

· This Kunkle valve can be adjusted to 2-inch HG to 29-inch HG with a temperature rating of -20° to 400°F

Model 215V-H0AQE0014: Model used for Vacuum service

· Protection of low to medium pressure high volume blowers, compressors and pneumatic conveying systems.

· Bulk hauling trailers/equipment.

· Light gauge tanks.

· Protection of high volume vacuum pumps and conveying systems.

Features and Benefits

•Large nozzle design provides high capacity.
•Flat bronze valve seats are lapped for optimum performance.
•Warn ring offers easy adjustability for precise opening with minimum pre-open or simmer and exact blow down control.
•Pivot between disc and spring corrects misalignment and compensates for spring side thrust.

http://www.arsupplycompany.com/catalog/kunkle valve.JPG

Anyone used one?
I'm curious if it will actually keep the PTO from bogging on Dead CGD?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Anyone used one?

yea, tried one.- and shipped it back after using it a day
don't waste your money
They were a board de jour fad when Greenie was hawking than

when the relief valve opens, your HG drops like a rock til the valve resets and closes
To get over that, you hillbilly on as PVC cap with holes drilled in it to slow down the dramatic drop in HG

the valve was a solution in search of a problem , cause a good quality spring relief valve works better and is less prone to failure (stuck closed)

I'm curious if it will actually keep the PTO from bogging on Dead CGD?

do you have an HG meter on the TM?
What's it read when the blower starts to bog?

PLEASE tell me Bob didn't tell you you don't need a relief valve???:eekk:
My firstTM was a Steam Genie ..the relief valve was pretty poor .
Best relief valve is the one SteamWay used ..a quality valve that doesn't leak air til the setting you set it at.
when it reaches the setting, it bleeds off at a constant 13-14-15HG..or whatever you adjust it to.
Doesn't leak air til you reach the setting

..L.T.A.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
don't waste your money

when the relief valve opens, your HG drops like a rock til the valve resets and closes
To get over that, you hillbilly on as PVC cap with holes drilled in it to slow down the dramatic drop in HG

the valve was a solution in search of a problem , cause a good quality spring relief valve works better and is less prone to failure (stuck closed)

Best relief valve is the one SteamWay used ..a quality valve that doesn't leak air til the setting you set it at.
when it reaches the setting, it bleeds off at a constant 13-14-15HG..or whatever you adjust it to.

..L.T.A.

It's locked down w tape over all but 2 holes : )
99% of the time it just purrs. However when I hit a dead spot, especially CGD, the V8 bogs and I gotta lift wand so it can breathe. Or if I have a foam issue.

Other then that, life is peachy : )

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
don't waste your money

..L.T.A.

If I remember right Steamways used Kunkle vavles, Larry.

I loved my Bayco on my machine. A Bayco is the same thing as a Kunkle, but instead of being made of cast iron and brass, it is aluminum and stainless. Lighter weight and won't rust from the moisture. I recommend them.

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had a bayco on my old cds and it really made a difference in holding lift. I have never felt the need for one on this tm since the blower.is.spun faster but i would recommend it

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
don't waste your money

..L.T.A.

I'm with Meat here.........I took an older Powermatic relief valve, built a PVC adapter, screwed in the relief valve, and mounted it on top of my Genesis waste tank lid in place of the original spring loaded Powerclean setup. It holds until you reach set vacuum, and only then it bleeds off very little, holding your setting. (usually 15 for me)

Name
Jesse
We had a kunkle on one unit, it made a great improvement once we dialed in the restrictor cap that must be added. Ultimately we took it off due to the corrosion causing it to stick closed. Get a bayco over a kunkle if your gonna go that route.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
We had a kunkle on one unit, it made a great improvement once we dialed in the restrictor cap that must be added. Ultimately we took it off due to the corrosion causing it to stick closed. Get a bayco over a kunkle if your gonna go that route.

Part of my problem was loose belts : (
Got my hand slapped by Bawb again, but atleast this time he didn't call me dumb a$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom