$3300.00 Steamon Demin Video shows it will go toe to toe with Vortex TM

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Any input would be appreciated. Will it contain the water for extraction on hard surface cleaning such as VCT and TG jobs or will the water run out from underneath it ?? Looks like it would be good for initial extraction for flood jobs. I have watched all the videos and checked the MB archives, that is all I know about this machine.

Name
I'm Rick James
The SD has as much lift as a gas powered TM does.. LIFT is what pulls water out of the carpet and the most important part of cleaning IMHO. It uses a very high flow system that hooks up to the tap water and dumps in the toilet..

Like Mikey said that would be great if the rooms you were cleaning was square and had no furniture.. the system does work well just cumbersome to use..

Here is my idea.. they need to use the SD technology and apply it to a rotary machine so it can be a stand alone unit. All you need is a small vac motor to create the lift, then dump it into a small tank that with an APO with discharge the water.. You can always use that electric cat pump and a LG propane heater for heat.

It would be great for two man crews and empty houses.. I tell ya, it could be the next big thing that works of practicality vs overpowered TM machines.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Every cleaner has to start somewhere.........this unit would really impress those custys that usually rent the staemers from the dollar store. Heck, I'd challenge the SD against my Genny, and I'll leave one vac port uncapped. Could be cool for those little jobs that are too much trouble for a tm SETUP.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Every so often I could use a good water flush to speed things up for small area cleaning and I can see the SD being much more effective than any TM or portable.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Every so often I could use a good water flush to speed things up for small area cleaning and I can see the SD being much more effective than any TM or portable.

That's cause it's all speculation on your part, Mardie , with no experience to base any of your presumptions on .

Buy a good hi-perf porty with the $3300 instead .
it will be MUCH more versatile and you won't be tethered to a sink and toilet.

i know all the "marketing" ad copy on it sounds great...but guess what, all that glitters ain't gold

trust me

..L.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
If you want a good flush, use a TM or a portable, and disconnect the vacuum hose. Then wand like normal, with NO vacuum. Then hook up the vacuum and go over it again.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Clearly most of the commenters on this thread do not own a SD and have never used one on a regular basis.

Bob's comment above is a good example - a TM with the vac hose pulled off puts out half the volume of water of a SD and how long do you propose letting that water sink to the base of the carpet before replacing the Vac hose to remove it? A SD puts down 5 gals per minute AND immediately removes it with as much or more vac power ( from 6" away ) as a blower 100 ft away in your TM.

Every machine has its pros and cons.
SD lacks heat but nothing comes close for rinsing efficiency - for example flushing carpet that is loaded with excess soap or urine.
It's other really big failing is with really dirty carpet loaded with grit and sand which it removes so fast that it's filters have to be cleaned and unblocked every 5 minutes.
Do not use a SD to clean a bar for example but it's terrific in a commercial building with excess soap that has not been well maintained.
Running a SD on a carpet that has just been cleaned by nearly any other machine would be embarrassing - seen it and done it myself.

Absolutely the best combination for the ultimate clean is to put down your prespray, Cimex or rotary and rinse with a SD.
Is this fast and efficient ? - nope.
It will pull water out of a small flooded area as fast as a bilge pump ie 5 gals a minute vs your average Porty which can pulls out less than 1 gallon per minute - again not theory here, done it myself.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Harold with your hollow bird like bones from lack of any weight bearing exercises over your lifetime I doubt you could even use that POS Demon.

So nobody believes you.

Reactions: Mikey P

harryhides

Name
Tony
What fixture are you hooking to to supply a 5gpm flow rate?

Do you get your water from a well, Fred ?

Any normal sink or outside tap will flow at approx 9-10 gallons per minute.
This might be lower in a house with a water softener but not by much.

Jimmy, as usual you don't have a clue, a SD sits on the carpet and is just pulled - mine has a fancy GG Glide so that I can operate it with one hand while posting here with the other - far easier that lifting and lugging around a massive clunky Castex wand. Didn't they put you away in a retirement home yet ?

FredC

Village Idiot
Do you get your water from a well, Fred ?

Any normal sink or outside tap will flow at approx 9-10 gallons per minute.
?

Those are two completely different fixtures so I'm going to assume all your test were hooked up to hosebib because the average sink WILL NOT flow 9-10 gallons per minute....or even half that

The steamon demon site only claims 3-4

Last edited:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Fred, are you from California where water is severely restricted and when I try to take a shower there or in many other States, I have to run around under a show just to get damp ?

Outside garden hose here in water rich Canada absolutely does flow 9-10 gallons per min.
Same in most commercial buildings which is where I use my SD the most.
In a house sink, even here you will not get 5 gpm with a water softener or if the screen has not been removed but I do get 3-4 gpm and much more from the laundry room where I can access a garden tap.

Yes, the SD site does only claim 3-4 GPM but you know that figure is very dependent on the water pressure at source.

Notch

Name
Notch
Howdy, thought I'd chime in. Please take my humble thoughts with a grain of salt.
The SD is a unique tool in a league of its own. Granted it may be a special Olympics league, but none the less its own.
I've been in personal witness of this challenge the owner of SD records vs TMs.

It could be a very useful tool for certain places, and attractive for the average out of the gate new guy that has a tax check to blow.

Just not what most of us are looking for when it comes to high production in multilevel residential occupied settings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom