$35/room (200 sqft max).....good price for Host drycleaning

D

dafivefooter

good price for Host drycleaning ?....$35 a room (200 sq ft max)

A

amazingcleansc

If youre going HOST only, you better pull up in a bad ass looking van.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Host process is a hell of a lot of work. Corners, steps, tight spots, urine, vomit, heavy grease, delicate piles all present big time wasting challenges. You'll also spend considerable time an effort explaining the process to the uninitiated .

You'll go broke at those prices unless your wife provides the health insurance and your mortgage.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Got yourself a host package..... :roll:

Trying to be a pro...according to your name :?

In my HONEST opinion, there is no good price for host-ing any carpet!!

You are better off with one of those starter packages from rotovac or whoever sells them "big time" "professional" carpet cleaning business starters packages.

I guess I just really dislike host...

edit:eek:n a very rare occasion host could be a suitable way to clean an oriental rug that has dye problems/bleeding issues.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The few old-timers I know who do well at Host have positioned their business into high-end residential and charge well. A few customers will pay extra for the "fear factor" and have fairly clean carpets to start.

If you have to cut corners, don't do it.

Ryan

http://www.***************/store/mytee- ... -7576.html

Use your host machine to agitate the prespray. !gotcha!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
how can anyone stay in business with those prices.

charge more Derrick :)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The problem is you are trying to tackle a car tune up with only a screwdriver. Just like a mechance uses mutliple tools on a car so do we the professional use multiple methods at the appropriate time to get the best results. While some cleaners tend to do ok toting only a single method, many end up facing alot more challenges and out of business quicker than they started. Do yourself a favor. If you are serious about this industry then get educated about all methods, and establish some basic cleaning principles before you put your business plan together. Going the easy route will make you quick money, the money will quickly run out.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
You can RENT a host at any hardware or grocery store in this town..... if you show up with one of those it would be worse than showing up with rug dr.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you were going to host you go higher priced than that, I mean much higher and target the $10,000+ seagrass/sisal carpets and other delicates. If you are going to use it take advantage of the "totally Green Factor" as well and target the really rich who have clean carpets already buy yourself a nice MYTEE spotting machine for the tough stains and work out a good process. Extra vacuums on top of the host machine to get everything out.

I have a great customer because NO ONE in massachusetts HOSTs so they were referred to me $15,000 sisal rug but now I do all her wall to wall and tile and I charge about $200 to HOST that one rug with no guarantees

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom