370SS Installed into 6x10 Trailer

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Here are pics of my new Rental Unit. We put the 370SS in a 6x10 Trailer.

We insulated the walls and the cieling with 1/2" Foam the added the paneling. We wired in two cheap head lights from Wal Mart that give off plenty of light. We also Insualted the bottom of the trailer with 3 inch Foam. The floor we lined ourselves with Herculiner (2 coats). On the front we use a 11x40 13 gallon spun aluminum dune buggy gas tank. Hose reel stands are custom to the hose reel and the unit they are installed in. We normally go 4 high with the Mytee shelfs but decided to go 3 and put the bottle holder and the Hydro-Force hold on top.

Inside we have the 370SS with a Prochem pump out, water softner, 250' Vac Reel,300' solution reel, 2-200' hose reels for fresh water and dump hose's. 3 high Mytee shelves. Prochem TI wand, (my wife's) PV12 Vacuum, tool box, Grandi Groom and Grandi Brush.

We had to installed the machine a little cock-eyed because of the waste tank design. It was designed with the thought of going into a van. If it had been a standard tank we could have utilized more room but we still made it work and have a TON of room left in this thing.

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

trailer4.jpg

trailer5.jpg

trailer6.jpg

trailer7.jpg

trailer8.jpg

R

rotovacguy

Re: 370SS Instsalled into 6x10 Trailer

Nice set up, John.

Cool gas tank, gives it a nice clean look, plus keeps weight up front....very nice.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

looks great, how come the vac hose reel is mounted so far off the ground?? how much is the rental going to be on the unit. that is great to know something like that is available around me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Thanks. We still have a few customizations left to do.

Steve we raise the hose reels to gain space. With the hose reels on the ground you lose all the space above the reel. By Raising it you gain most of it back. We put the tool box under the reel and the door jam then bungie the Airpath next to it. We just delivered a bunch of airmovers to service master. We put 12 airmovers in the boxes in the trailer and that was only double stacked. I bet we can easily put 2 2800i's and a dozen or more airmovers in there.

Oh and Richard I need to talk to you. If your in the office can you call me 877-644-0077

steve g

Name
steve garrett

if you ever wanna see the machine work on a real, job I volunteer me and one of mine :lol: I could even be talked into a nice write up too :lol:

those sapphire machines look very cool, I would like to see them make a water tank that is kinda low profile, have it hold about 80 gallons, then mount the machine on top of it and some how mount the reels on top of it too, that would be the ultimate space saving setup ever made.

Greenie

steve g said:
those sapphire machines look very cool, I would like to see them make a water tank that is kinda low profile, have it hold about 80 gallons, then mount the machine on top of it and some how mount the reels on top of it too, that would be the ultimate space saving setup ever made.

Something tells me it's already been made by a few companies, but I guess Sapphire could make their version as well.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

are there any special DOT requirements for the gas tank? I like the set up. I've been thinking about getting a trailer setup.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

steve g said:
looks great, how come the vac hose reel is mounted so far off the ground?? how much is the rental going to be on the unit. that is great to know something like that is available around me.

Rental is $100 a day plus fuel. Does NOT include the chemical unless what we have on the shelf is something you haven't ever tried and want to demo. Not everyone is allowed to rent the trailer. The Trailer is owned by a seperate company I started ASCG, LLC. Our insurance didn't like the Idea of Superior renting equipment so I started a new company in my name not Lora's. You can also "rent" my brother along with the trailer if you need a grunt.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Tomorrow works fine Richard. Steve your welcome to take the Trailer out for a day. Just bring me 106.85 and bring it back with a full tank :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Charles Lyman said:
are there any special DOT requirements for the gas tank? I like the set up. I've been thinking about getting a trailer setup.

None that I know of. We have been putting these tanks on trailers for as long as I have been doing this. These tanks can take a beating. They are made for Dune Buggy's after all.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Rental is $100 a day plus fuel. Does NOT include the chemical unless what we have on the shelf is something you haven't ever tried and want to demo. Not everyone is allowed to rent the trailer. The Trailer is owned by a seperate company I started ASCG, LLC. Our insurance didn't like the Idea of Superior renting equipment so I started a new company in my name not Lora's. You can also "rent" my brother along with the trailer if you need a grunt.[/quote:2funyn00]

John,

Great looking ... Set-Up... And a Great Idea..!!! that unit will be a tremendous problem solver..!

Nothing HURTS a business...like unexpected Down-time...!

Did you ever ...consider...Renting the Unit..fuel included at $35.00 per "machine hour".... :?:
With a 3 hour "minimum"... :idea:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
One other thing the guys in cold weather will appreciate. We took the machine out last saturday to clean Lora's Uncle house. Temp was low 30's outside and snowing. We drove to South Jordan (35 minutes away) and the inside trailer temp never dropped below 60 (remote sensor readings) with NO heater inside. The boys in the shop did a great job insulating this thing :) I am into it quite a bit I wouldn't sell the trailer alone for less then 4500 with all we have done to it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

who knows I may take you up on that one of these days. I agree in not everyone using the trailer, you would be surprised at how many people can't pull a trailer without hitting something, car port roofs was the big one the guys would hit all the time when I worked in texas. I pull a trailer everyday so its like second nature to me.

-JB-

Name
JB
Geeze looks like there might even be space for a Mytee Boss sprayer on that one!

Bob Foster

Very nice John. The one thing that might we worthwhile doing is to prime the walls in a light grey so it has more light to see in there. I find inexpensive porch and floor latex paint a good thing to put on.

Very well thought out design. Any idea what the whole thing weights?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
KevinL said:
Can i get some of those hose reels? I have a box I need to gear up.
Yes you can. Call and talk to TW and give him your measurements and he'll build it for you.
Bob the boys stained the walls that color. No way am I going to suggest to the boys to paint it. They have Bern working hard on it. I'll take updated pics today when the get the last of the paneling done and the other shelf up.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John,
That rental is a good price + a good service to your clients.
I wish my supplier did that.

Takes away at least some of the dreaded- "my machine is down. Can we reschedule"

Good job.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
john i wish we had a great supplier in our area that would rent a unit like that out

hint hint
ihope les reads this lol

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Looks great.

Do you prefer the black shelves rather than the blue?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What did you do with the powermatic that was in there ? Or is that a new trailer from the first ? If its the same, I installed the hose reels... sorta. :mrgreen:

I want to stop by if I can tomorrow, see that machine in the trailer. We have been very busy as you know. Amanda is in Ohio for X-Mas. Oh and I have that $20 for you as well.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
What did you do with the powermatic that was in there ? Or is that a new trailer from the first ? If its the same, I installed the hose reels... sorta. :mrgreen:

I want to stop by if I can tomorrow, see that machine in the trailer. We have been very busy as you know. Amanda is in Ohio for X-Mas. Oh and I have that $20 for you as well.
Sold the powermatic. This one is all new nothing used. See u tomorrow.

Gary T

How does the trailer handle on the road at speed? I know the TM is small but in a single axle trailer you really don't want to exceed 10-15% gross weight on the tongue. In a 1500lb capacity trailer(my 6X12) really about 200lb tongue weight max. It can cause serious handling issues.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Drives easy. If I was to put a bigger Machine in I would go to the tandem axle with brakes but with this machine we are not even close on having a weight issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom