370SS Installed into 6x10 Trailer

Gary T

Cmon Lee, I haven't seen the Carpet Scientist post in a while, and I figured you guys needed some stupidity to enjoy.

R

rotovacguy

Wow Gary, a little pissed off from being wrong? I put several publications proving my point, but you keep coming back with your bs, first the Uhaul has crappy trailers, now the Jeep article is crap. Bottom line is I can put this stuff up all night long. Show me ONE article that backs up your bs! You mentioned google earlier, I suggest you do the same. Show me one article that says place the heavy object ON the axle as you have yours. I'm not asking for much. If you're as correct as you think you are, it shouldn't take too long to find.

I NEVER said to put it ALL forward...take the shit out of your ears...WOW!! Look back, dickhead, I said "DISPERSED", with the bulk of the weight in FRONT OF THE AXLE!!!! The publications I put on here said to put 4% of the gross trailer weight in the front (nose) of the trailer, with 60-65% of the load to be loaded IN FRONT of the axle(s)! The remainder of the weight, which would be your floor machines, fans, chemicals, storage trays, loaded towards the BACK as the counterweight. Think of the inside of your trailer as a wedge, the bulk in the front, WITHOUT overloading the tongue, gradually tapering the weight back. You have your heaviest object smack dab on top of the axle(s)! WRONG!! I'll guarantee you right now John's dune buggy gas tank does NOT exceed the 4% gross, and his TM is not heavier than 60-65%, not even close, I'm sure it handles as good as it possibly can for having a short wheelbase.

I guarantee you that with your truckmount OVER THE AXLE, you are not properly balanced, you are tail heavy. Once you get enough waste in your tank, it will balance off, but how often do you drive with a full tank? How about some pics, Gary? What have you got to lose? After all, you are right......right?? :roll:

R

rotovacguy

Lee Stockwell said:
Oh god make it stop.

Point taken, Lee. shiteatinggrin

I'm done with Gary. I'm sure he's a good shit, I don't know the guy. Let's just say we agree to disagree.

Gary T

Hey Roy or Tim or whoever. WTF are you talking about? guarantee my trailer is properly balanced. I have some nice heavy shelves, air movers, 2 floor machines, and all my chems up front. A tank just like John's on the tongue along with 2 propane tanks. It's balanced right on. Never a sway in 5 years. Go to TMTrecovery.com. There are pics of trailers just like mine on there.

That was fun.

Sorry Lee.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
whoever is saying put the weight in the back is a dumbass, the way john has that machine mounted is the correct way and also the way that yields the most space, my trailer has alot more weight up front than even john's setup, I have about 700#'s of ball weight, however I do use a dodge diesel to pull it. I drive the truck and trailer like a sports car, some people have just about freaked out when I pull into a parking lot, I have also pulled my trailer at in excess of 95mph, it pulls strait and true. every trailer I have ever seen says to load the trailer 10-15% heavier weight to the front, what you want is a 10-15% more weight on the front than back at least. in a trailer especially mounting the unit out the back is total waste of space because you just about loose all that open area on either side of the machine.

Gary T

Go read my posts pinhead. That is what I have been saying dickcheese. That trailer is balanced never swayed, bounced and I have a ton of space. Tows behind my 1500 hd at 80 on 294 like its not even there.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member

John do you still have this trailer? This is how I want my trailer set up and Interlink in Phoenix says that the Saphire has to be mounted in the back. How has it towed has it worked out well?

Besides all the space that setting it up in the back wastes, I would much rather the exhaust blows out the side door.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We sold that machine a long time ago but we run every machine out the side always have. Why would they say it has to go out the back? You buying a trailer with no side door? Maybe hey don't know how I get it to the front? Buy the machine if that is what you want(we don't sell sapphire) have them put the crate in the trailer and drive up to us and we will do the rest.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member

They were saying weight distribution. But im getting a 6x10 single axle just like you showed. So I am not sure why it would be a problem.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What truck are you using to pull it? The tongue weight might be what they are worried about but we put 650's out the side door. The 370 is so small there shouldn't be any issue at all your hoses and hose reel will weight 500lbs if you have 300' of each so it will bbalance out the trailer especially when you load the back end with stuff. There is no reason you can't install a 370 out the side unless there is something odd with your trailer and truck

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They were saying weight distribution. But im getting a 6x10 single axle just like you showed. So I am not sure why it would be a problem.

load it anyway want...but the general rule of thumb is, 10% of gross weight should be on the tongue

meaning, if trailer and load weighs 3500 pounds, there should be 350 pounds on the ball/hitch .
you have more, but you don't want it lighter .
Not enough tongue wt will cause the trailer to sway at hi-way speeds

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I can not agree more with john saying run the machine out the side door!!! The problem with running it out the back is you essentially waste all the room on either sides of the machine in an out the back install. This just wastes room. on my machine I moved the chemical buckets and even the demand pump to the very front of the trailer, then I mounted the machine right next to them, so the machine is about 1 foot behind the front wall. all the room and space to the back or left of the machine if your facing the side door is available for pretty much anything. This alot better use of space. further if you contact the trailer company that sells the trailers or read the owners manual they will tell you that the trailer must be loaded with more weight to the front. this makes the trailer pull more stable. my machine isn't that heavy but it does have a 60 gallon sub mount tank which when full means about 1200 pounds a full waste tank would mean another 500, I do use a ford f 250 to tow though.

002-4.jpg

Reactions: kingjoelking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom