$4.95 per room carpet cleaning What is your take on this?

Spots2Stop

Hello everyone :) I am new to Mikey's Board and wanted to get some input. We have been getting allot of calls asking why we can not offer a $4.95 per room cleaning so I thought I would fight back with a video as some cleaners are mass marketing this in our area. I am saddened by what these companies are doing to our industry. I have looked up several companies on-line doing this to find (not a surprise) allot of serious consumer complaints mixed in with obviously fake reviews from these companies. I made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLf1ZEFP34 to fight back and could use some help. I intentionally did not put a call to action for my company as I am not trying to sell with scare tactics just attempting to inform the consumers of this bait and switch tactic as it makes it difficult to justify the true cost of services in our industry. You can help by commenting on this video to help re-enforce the truth. Please let me know on this thread your thoughts as I am always open to suggestions. Please keep in mind I am learning video production as I go.

Thank You, Joe Hill
Cherry Hill Carpet Cleaning

Name
I'm Rick James
Welcome to MB. Dont worry yourself with the bottomfeeders, they usually take care of themselves within the first year or two. Just focus on what you do. I get asked about lower price companies, I just tell them be careful because sometimes your really do get what you pay for. I tell the customer to just ask the questions if there are extra charges for pre-treatment, travel, spots and so on. I also tell them to see if they use a TM unit. With that honesty and not slamming any competiton it makes you look golden to the customer.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Also ther are alot of investigative reports on Bait and switch out there, you may see if you can link some to your Youtube video to other bait switch vids from news casts. It would only add credibility.

mikepo

i second Brent's response .... anybody with a heartbeat and a brain cell can see the $4.95/rm is a scam. The unfortunate thing is there are trusting people who get caught up in the hype and get taken thus giving us reputable CCer's a black eye

anderqual

Those 4.95 send full page ads out nearly every week I believe they used to be called americlean but have changed their name to procare probably due to reviews like this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/americlean-carpet-and-air-duct-cleaning-schaumburg

If people call you asking why you cant clean for 4.95 a room ask them if they think a business could survive cleaning for 4.95 a room. If they say yes hang up you don't want them. If they say no then tell them they are right and that if they have the 4.95 guys come out and clean that they will end up getting a bill much higher than expected

Name
jack zerkie
Yep the tooth fairy carpet cleaning companys. Most of ads read basic steam which most of them do not use,and the the price starts at $.25 per ft. and up. Here a company offered $6.95 room and cleaned 1 room for a very eldery lady, but had to use the other method and charged $350.00 for 1 room. jack z.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
They are in every metro area and change there name every year. Most smart customers get and the other ones
we don't want as customers anyways.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
What would go through your mind if you were selling BMW's and someone walked up asking why you couldn't sell that shiney new sedan with the heated leather seats and power door locks for $9,500?

Would you chase them down, or much less care, as they drove off in their 1998 Kia looking for someone more "reasonable?"

Most reasonable people understand B&S. Why try to justify not working for free when so many other folks already understand the value of using a reputable, professional, insured, guaranteed company?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom