4 to the door or 2.5-2"

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Could someone elaborate on this for me. I need to purchase another length of hose for my Boxer 421, would it benefit me to buy a 2.5 inch 50 foot section to connect to my current 2 inch hose ? Would this increase my suction ?

TimP

You either need two 2" ports and y to a 2.5 or put in a 2.5 port in your tank. Like mikey said you can't put the 2.5 inbetween 2" because you're restricted to 2" before the 2.5 and it wont do a thing for you. Greenie sells a 2.5" port upgrade. you just have to widen the hole on your tank and slap it on.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I wouldn't put it between two 2 inch hoses, I just figured that there may be a 2.5 inch adapter to connect to the tank and just run the first 50 feet from the tank with 2.5 inch.
Big question is, is there enough of a difference to justify the modification ?

TimP

My CDS runs the same blower as your 427 boxer. I'm sure your boxer spins the blower faster than my CDS and I would say yes there is enough of a difference to do it. 100 ft feels stronger than 50 ft without the upgrade (4 to the door for me) and 150 ft feel as strong as 50 ft almost and definitely stronger than 100 ft. Plus you can run even longer lengths of 2.5 pretty easy and you could probably do 200-300 ft runs with ease with 2.5 if you had enough 2.5 hose.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
WHISKER said:
I wouldn't put it between two 2 inch hoses, I just figured that there may be a 2.5 inch adapter to connect to the tank and just run the first 50 feet from the tank with 2.5 inch.
Big question is, is there enough of a difference to justify the modification ?

yes!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Whisker;

Sometimes, you can slip the 2.5" hose cuff over an existing 2" pipe coupling or nipple.

We have used a 2" SS coupling (top right) to adapt up.

ssfit.jpg

It is an inexpensive way to start with 2.5" vac hose.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

Larry,
Are you telling Whiskers to use a 2" port and step it up to a 2.5" connector?
It would still be a 2" bottleneck.

For 1/2 the cost of a section of hose you could solve this dilemma.
A single $79 bolt on connector would fix this scenario, it even comes with gasket and SS hardware.

DSC02073.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom