Ron K

Got to cancel today's 8am appointment.

"We have an opening in our schedule on Decmber 1st! Can I pencil you in??"

:hopeless:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Gotta love it but I have had to cancel appointments at the last minute too, so what goes around comes around.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Gotta love it but I have had to cancel appointments at the last minute too, so what goes around comes around.

True, dat. Me, I just tell 'em to call when things settle down and we'll pick a day to do the job. No reason to get all het up over the small stuff.

A little more lead time would have been nice, though, someone else might have wanted in to that slot.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
That's why we collect a $30 deposit when they book an appointment, which they lose if they cancel within 48 hours of appointment time.
So the flaky ones do business with my competition-- that's ok w me bcuz I hear 3 of my competitors have now gone out of business... maybe too many non billable hours??

steve_64

I usually have some apartments to clean that I only tell them what day ill be there so I use those to fill the down times. It keeps me flexible.

Besides I dont usually start till after ten anyways.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Besides I dont usually start till after ten anyways.

Had this miserable old n lonely lady give me shit about what time I was coming. My wife gave her a range of 8:30-9 for the arrival. I called her at 8:40 to let her know Id be there in 15 to 20 min. Shes like ,"The lady on the phone said youd be here between 8:30 and 9." I said," Yeah." Then shes like,"Youre telling me you wont be here til 9." then reiterated ,"She said between 8:30 and 9." I said ,"When I show up at 9, it will still be between 8:30 and 9."

We usually dont start til 9 .. I had this lady lecture me about how late we start. Shes like, "what kind of business starts so late - you have to be there when the customer needs you." Im thinking in my head,"GFYSB" with a smirk on my face.

Then when I told her I needed to come thru her back door because the ground was muddy from recent construction - shes like, "Dont you have something to put over it?"

muddy path.JPG

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Its worse when you schedule an air duct cleaning and you are out front with 2 vans, a trailer, and 3 people that just drove 30 minutes to get there, and no answer at the door, and the job was scheduled for 5 hours of work. Drive back to the shop, re-arrange the day, send the guys out to other jobs, and the customer calls an hour later...

"I was home, I must not have heard the door bell, can you come back now, I reeelly need to get this done this morning."

Love to ma'am, I'll just put on my cape and be right there.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We usually dont start til 9 .. I had this lady lecture me about how late we start. Shes like, "what kind of business starts so late - you have to be there when the customer needs you

She's probably up at 5:30am!

We start at 9am, also.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We start at 8 when the birds are chirping (Spring to Fall). 8:30 all this week.

We will go to 9 shortly. It's harder to get up and be excited about carpet cleaning with the shorter days...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
8 am most days, I would go at 6 am if I could. I think we get about 6 hours of daylight here in the winter after the time change.

Name
Nate W.
Had this miserable old n lonely lady give me shit about what time I was coming. My wife gave her a range of 8:30-9 for the arrival. I called her at 8:40 to let her know Id be there in 15 to 20 min. Shes like ,"The lady on the phone said youd be here between 8:30 and 9." I said," Yeah." Then shes like,"Youre telling me you wont be here til 9." then reiterated ,"She said between 8:30 and 9." I said ,"When I show up at 9, it will still be between 8:30 and 9."

We usually dont start til 9 .. I had this lady lecture me about how late we start. Shes like, "what kind of business starts so late - you have to be there when the customer needs you." Im thinking in my head,"GFYSB" with a smirk on my face.

Then when I told her I needed to come thru her back door because the ground was muddy from recent construction - shes like, "Dont you have something to put over it?"

View attachment 8022

This is a great example of my pops pet peeve... My mom will let customers know we'll be there between 10:00-10:30am... The customer hears 10:00am, you think you have a 30 minute window... God forbid traffic is bad then you call and tell the customer your running 20-30 minutes behind... The customer has now waited 50-60 minutes... We do our best to be 5 minutes early, but sh!t happens...

If they aren't understanding of that, fook um............

@Desk Jockey was here.....

Ron K

That's why we collect a $30 deposit when they book an appointment
Jeeze Papa that's what I used to do when I booked Timesharing on the boardwalk in Atlantic City! If you showed you did get a really cool Dice Clock!

Back
Top Bottom