"A HUMBLING EXPERIANCE>>>"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Many have listened to me whine over the last few days over my Google debacle...!

I try to take these thing's as a learning experience..."After I cool down..!"

Here is what I have learned:

My stubborn "cave man ways"...have got to change..!

The internet plays more of a % of my business than I was aware of....

Instead of driving such a hard line on issues ...I should SHUT-UP & listen more...

Although Brian & Dave..have offered knowledge...I failed to gleaned some wisdom from it..

I need to ENGAGE in this business....Just to be the best..! regardless of monetary gain..

Being ..Burned-Out.. in this business..Is NO excuse for leading your son into a Lion's Den..

LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....!

Some RUMOR'S are circulating that because of mine & Greg Cole's heated discussion's...
That he may have something to do with my Google issue...I believe this is ABSOLUTLY
not to be the case AT ALL...!!!

I understand Greg's business modle...and He understands mine...We are in NO Way...
competitor's that would STOOP THAT LOW...! Greg has gotten even...But in a FAIR way.!
He put his money where his mouth is... 8)

He has saturated my area with advertising.! "That is Fair Game"...! WHAT I DO REGRET IS.
Releasing his wrath on my son...It was Stupid of me to BRING that pressure on him...while
he was running the company... :oops:

I am FULLY aware that Greg would have never ventured into our small market..Had it NOT
been for my TaUnTinG..! "The demographics ..just don't warrant the attention.." Short term
he will break even...Or make a profit... :shock: I am SURE he is SAVEY enough to negotiate
next to nothing for his AD... 8)

SO..."Just to clear the air"..Greg would NOT engage in this type of sabotage.IMO... :!:

With that being SAID...KMA..GREG... :p :p :p :p :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Goomer said:
I respect anyone who can acknowledge their own mistakes, and EVENTUALLY admit to them.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

The CAPS key is forbidden...my copYRiGhT...!
If you start using "MY" emOtIonConS...I will have to serve you with a "CeasE & dEsIsT"..order.!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Like you said, Greg is a businessman. I doubt there was anything but business logic in his decision to target your area.

That said, we had a competitor who started up in a market just outside of the Metro Detroit DMA that we also service, bought an ancient rug cleaning system (and refurbished it). He built a modest size rug cleaning plant and tauted that he was going to be cleaning upwards of 40,000 rugs within 5 years (I believe that was the number) in a market a fraction of our market (we clean about 32,000 a year). This was a little bit like throwing a gauntlet down to me and for the next 6 months I quadrupled my advertising budget in that market. I am certain that it was more than just our marketing that was his downfall, but within 6 months or so the operation was shut down in this facility and we have reaped a large % of growth there.

Turns out that it was a blessing that this happened as for a few years now my marketing budget there is back to it's former modest level and we are still capturing increased revenue year after year in both rug cleaning and repair as well as in home carpet, furniture and tile cleaning.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thanks Joe,

The internet has been a real blessing for me and with a few tips (like get a bunch of online reviews) it can work better for others.

Hope you and Mary have fun on your date.

Back
Top Bottom