A possible solution to get your Places back?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've seen others complain about this so i thought i'd pass it on. a nice fella on *** had his Places deleted to. the Google rep told him that if he spent $ on adwords that he'd then have a paid Google account and he would then have access to contacting the Places reps and get his Places back. it worked for him.

very irritating but yea i'd pay to get it back to.

just a POSSIBLE option, who knows if it works that way but eh, who would really be shocked?

Name
Bruce
I lost my places page a few months ago, since I have my new site up and running Google has started to index it a little bit more but still no places page. I have started a Adwords campaign , but still no places. Maybe I will try to contact them to get reinstated.

Connor

Name
Connor
Yeah, mine did, but the reviews disappeared except for one complaint because I couldn't service that day.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think it's random. Depending who on your customer service rep. Mine went down for 2 weeks. I was still able to access place dashboard.

I had a Adwords campaign running in another city already.

When I created a plus page I did an Adwords express campaign.

During the process I couldn't figure out how to pause the campaign and asked the guys working on my places what to do,

I figured it out before they got back to me. But when they did the guy unverified my plus page said it wasn't for what I wAs doing and they migrated my places page back with all the reviews 2 weeks jan24 to feb 7.

My reps name was Christian if you get that dude he's good.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Sam you look like Simon Cowell's younger brother.

just a random thought :razz:

Yeah, mine did, but the reviews disappeared except for one complaint because I couldn't service that day.

lol gotta love it...figures.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There is a "help" or "contact" button on the dashboard page. Follow it through a couple questions regarding the trouble you're having. It will then give you the option to have them call you (immediately). It would only work from my PC and only during business hours. I almost threw a backflip when I finally spoke to a human being within Google Places. He was able to even verify the listing I was having trouble with over the phone without waiting for a postcard. He helped me clean up a bit of an electronic mess that was created by an SEO company before I knew better. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
BTW Darrick,
I grew up in Victor, NY (actually Farmington). Are you from the area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sup Russ, yea 10-15 minutes away. I'm in Bloomfield. Small world! You graduated from victor in '95?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
sup Russ, yea 10-15 minutes away. I'm in Bloomfield. Small world! You graduated from victor in '95?

Graduated in '94. My brother, Ryan was a '95 grad. Played little league in Bloomfield. Skied at Bristol a whole lot. Good luck on that Google Places stuff. That has been a huge frustration.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've skied there to, but i quit that stuff 22 years ago...was too much $

did you know the Laramendies (sp)? i am trying to think who i know that might have graduated around that time haha.

so far i havent had any Places frustration but tx!

Kycleaner

Name
mike
I was the nice fella on the other board that posted about using adwords to get places back. My places did return after signing up for Adwords but I'm not 100% sure it's the reason. Just find it kinda odd that after paying Google some money that my places reappeared after months of being gone. But it does give you a paid account with Google and you can call or e-mail them with problems. I set my ppc very low at around $2 thats a small price to pay to maybe get places back.

If anyone needs the e-mail that I was using to contact GP. let me know and ill post it.

Reactions: Derek

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom