A twist on doorhanger marketing

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

My daughter watched and said it was a really really good idea.

Thanks Ron

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
how do you "loop" a rubber band through a hole and then over the knob???

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Great even more trash on my door.

How many will be thrown out without even opening the envelope?

With Disney it was permissive advertising/commerce.

With strangers it becomes intrusive advertising.

I guess you could just pass them out around the house you just cleaned and put something like, "Your neighbor loves us." on the outside to clarify a headline of what is inside and to help improve responce.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you have a really good cheerleader, I could see leaving about 10 envelopes with her to pass out to her friends.

For the cost, if you get one job it's worth it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dave Yoakum said:

I guess you could just pass them out around the house you just cleaned and put something like, "Your neighbor loves us." on the outside to clarify a headline of what is inside and to help improve responce.

Whats funny, is

UNLESS I ASKED FOR IT.......ITS ALL INTRUSIVE.....

yes, even emails, facebook stuff....

at least dorr hangers, i look at them and decide.....internet type stuff...i am WAY LEARY....i am not opening anything, for fear of viruses...

unless i asked for it....

so it is alllllll intrusive.....hell even commercials on tv... interrupt a perfectly good show

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
Dave Yoakum said:

Whats funny, is

UNLESS I ASKED FOR IT.......ITS ALL INTRUSIVE.....

yes, even emails, facebook stuff....

at least dorr hangers, i look at them and decide.....internet type stuff...i am WAY LEARY....i am not opening anything, for fear of viruses...

unless i asked for it....

so it is alllllll intrusive.....hell even commercials on tv... interrupt a perfectly good show

Great post Doug

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I was just trying to point out that marketing works better if you can warm it up or make it less intrusive.

All marketing is not intrusive. A neighbor or friend can open the door or there are ways that your marketing can be requested.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats what i am saying..if its asked for or requested then its not....nor is getting a current custy to give a good word...

G

The YP phone book is intrusive, I never ask for one and don't want one...they always toss one on the porch though (3 a year or so). lots of carpet cleaning ads in this book. Its a little less intrusive because advertisers are all grouped together and neatly organized in one handy book.... Sales are a number game.... You need to let them know you exist some how.....I prefer to get my name in front of them any way I can ....BUT I give them something for their time. One time I got a sales letter and it had a $2 bill cash money in it, I can tell you who it was today and it was 5 years ago (more of a shock and awe) who puts real money in an envelope? I kept thinking to myself....I could have thrown this away!!! I don't give cash but you should find a handy gadget they will like.

I like the door hanger but we won't do them. The Avon lady keeps throwing an AVON booklet in a baggie with a rock in it on my driveway. Pisses me off

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
floorguy said:

:shock:

I use to have an old bosses 4 year old do that for me. We'd pay him a nickel a piece.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hoody said:
floorguy said:

:shock:

I use to have an old bosses 4 year old do that for me. We'd pay him a nickel a piece.

hey you know what???? blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme

yea i am sure you do....

I was having a brain cramp at the time...so shhhhh :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
I was just trying to point out that marketing works better if you can warm it up or make it less intrusive.

All marketing is not intrusive. A neighbor or friend can open the door or there are ways that your marketing can be requested.
with all this vast marketing expertise and advice you always seem to have Brokum... why not actually go out and try to grow a profitable business that you can sell some day

Instead of having a 1 truck , 3 room for pennies, 30 year brokedick business model that will disappear when your back finally gives out :shock: :shock: :shock:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Maybe the $6.95 a room foam guys that keep pummeling my hood can include a ky sample in the bag too - - for those they are bout to bend over.

One of my idiot neighbors used them, ended up over $350 and it looked like their dog cleaned the carpets with his bum.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Do you have a rewarding referral program? Instead of just giving your referral slips to your customer, fill out her "from" portion on the slip, put it in with your marketing piece and then make sure the person opening the envelope knows they are getting a special discount because of their neighbor. Make sure the lady of the house knows her neighbors already have a referral slip or card. Then she has incentive to remind them about their discount referral slip.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I was heavy into door flyers 8 years ago. Worked great and I changed the ad copy 4 times to eventually get phone responses as much as 3%. About fell over at 3%. Tried them twice since the depression and got 1 price shopping call in 2,800 flyers. This guy John Braun reminds me of dove hunters on opening day who shoot 4 to 5 boxes, hit 3 birds and say wow, what a morning!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom