Adjustable inline sprayers unreliable?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just got back from my IICRC carpet class and there was talk about adjustable inline sprayers being toublesome and having to be rebuilt all the time.
What do you guys think?It would be nice to adjust the prespray on the fly but if those things fail all the time that would not be good.

Bob Foster

http://www.hydroforce.com/spray_inj.html
This is the mainstream spray most people use when doing HWE with a truckmount.

The two main ones are adjustable or non-adjustable ratios.

I personally would go with the non-adjustable.

They are reliable. I have never had mine clog up yet. If you are using powdered presprays make sure you have fully mixed your powders up before using the unit. Using hot water makes dissolving powders faster and more efficient.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
both are garbage.................adjustable and non-adjustable

very undependable........they don't last....you cant tell if your putting the right amount of chemical on the carpet or if it is getting watered down........

not to mention after a certain temp you are vaporizing you chemicals into the air and breathing them...........

Bob Foster

I have found my HF to be quite consistent. This may be because I choose to use mine with no tip (4-1). What's your pick then?

Bob Foster

I know someone is going to ask it so here they are
Tip Size Chart
HYDROFORCE METERING TIPS

TIP COLOR 1 PART SOLUTION TO ( ) PARTS WATER OZ OF SOLUTION PER GALLON OF WATER

NO TIP 4 – 1 32 OZ

GREY 5 – 1 26 OZ

BLACK 6 – 1 21 OZ

YELLOW 8 –1 16 OZ

BLUE 10 – 1 13 OZ

WHITE 16 – 1 8 OZ

BROWN 32 – 1 4 OZ

Greenie

No HF problems here, take care of your equipment, it'll take care of you.

btw: stick with the non-adjustable, less moving parts, it's just a simple siphon it doesn't know to stop sucking as long as the rubber parts hold up.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Kevin,
That makes sense and sounds simple enough.I'll get the regular HF.BTW,I saw your truck in my neighborhood last week, on Upper Hayden Lake Road.Nice looking truck!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we use pre spray..............we just monitor ours more close and can tell the these sprayer are garbage.........

Rex Tyus

I can't speak to how they perform with extreme heat (update in about 2-3 wks) yet. For the non flame throwers they work well. It would be incredibly inefficient for me to try and keep a 2 gal sprayer (manual or electric) full enough to presoak properly. I am not sure but I think Harley posted a solution for the hf and high heat sometime back.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use the battery powered multisprayer.

More control over specialized presprays for different job specs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve in Omaha said:
Do Jim and Larry not use presprays?

Sure do Steve.
Not only that, but had two HF sprayers.
One revolution and one regular.

I think they're JUNK.
Too darn inconsistent.
Too much variation depending on chem viscosity, solution temp and PSI.
And when they do stop siphoning, you don't know it till you've sprayed several rooms.

We use a battery multi-sprayer, or an electric 3 gal sprayer.

I don't know if you work alone or run two men crew, but we run two man crew 90% of the time.
Not only have we found the HF inconsistent, but it's the most inefficient sprayer to use when you have to stop the wand to pre-spray.
Plus the fact, one of us would have to run out to the TM to turn the heat down and bleed off heat before the POS will siphon

They're JUNK

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Temperamental, but not junk... You make sure your chem-draw jug is full and metering correctly, you keep the filters the the thing clean and you do fine. If you suck air through your chem-injection system it won't siphon from the jug. If your filters get plugged it won't siphon from the jug. If you turn you pressure up too high it won't siphon from the jug. It just depends on how you do it. If you are getting air in your lines, don't use a hydroforce, if you don't want to maintain it, don't use a hydroforce. If you use pressure over 350 or 400, don't use a hydroforce.

And quite frankly, I would be terrified to use more heat than my old white magic kicks out. (About 210 at most, even though it reads 230)

As far as the revolution goes, I am scared of it. It's like a rifle sight. Sure, it'll be accurate, as long as you don't bang it on something. I don't know about you, but my equipment takes a beating as I drive over these potholes all day long.

Johnnyone

I have had a adjustable inline sprayer and it didn't last very long. Took it apart and never got it to work again. just used it for spare parts.
The non adjustables seem to work much better but they have high heat problems.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just ordered 2 HF from Mickey in Texas (940-566-3661) , closing his Magicwand distributorship. $139 (reg 189) and he says he got them with heavy duty parts.

Had to use my Omni sprayer the last few days as my HF wasn't sucking up. Since I use it for applying Protector as well, made it kind of inconvenient. I probably over applied the prespray as I mixed it as RTU rather than in the HF jug. Still worked. I think I get the carpet wetter with the HF, so the prespray can dwell longer. Cost $50 CDN to have my HF cleaned and repaired, back at it tomorrow.

jeg1983

Bob Foster said:
I know someone is going to ask it so here they are
Tip Size Chart
HYDROFORCE METERING TIPS

TIP COLOR 1 PART SOLUTION TO ( ) PARTS WATER OZ OF SOLUTION PER GALLON OF WATER

NO TIP 4 – 1 32 OZ

GREY 5 – 1 26 OZ

BLACK 6 – 1 21 OZ

YELLOW 8 –1 16 OZ

BLUE 10 – 1 13 OZ

WHITE 16 – 1 8 OZ

BROWN 32 – 1 4 OZ

Is the yellow one the bass one? I can not tell what my HF is diluting to. It has a gold tip on it, Brass I guess.

Jamie

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
JEG1983 said:
Is the yellow one the bass one? I can not tell what my HF is diluting to. It has a gold tip on it, Brass I guess.

Jamie

Dude... it's my chance to be a dick, make some vague comment on how you don't "get it" so I'm not gonna tell you... but I don't want to follow suit...

Here goes: The metering tip is not on the end of the gun, and it's not what you connect your solution line to.

If you unscrew your hydroforce from the jug, and take the straw off the sprayer, you will most likely see a yellow metering tip. It's plastic and screws into the metal thing that the straw is hooked onto. (It's smaller than a pencil eraser)

If you are just joking... fooled me man. Have a great day.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I can't remember for sure, but wouldn't you see a brass tip if there was no metering tip at all?

then it would 4 to 1 ratio

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
meAt said:
I can't remember for sure, but wouldn't you see a brass tip if there was no metering tip at all?

then it would 4 to 1 ratio

..L.T.A.

Stainless on all the ones I have used, and I had a real dinosaur once... belongs in a museum.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The authentic U. S. injectors are made of Chrome-plated brass.

One problem that can happen is the use of a small TeeJet on the outlet.

That will cause inconsistent metering.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom