Advertising pricing and some general advice on my direction.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I'm really trying to get my direction more figured out (Need to see Tom about this soon). Of course high end is best and that's what I want to market to, and I feel I can give the job deserving a higher price. I try to advertise "the most thorough cleaning possible" because I believe it.

My shtick is is family (Brothers) because I feel that can give a level of trust and some people like that. Now people in my city aren't to snooty, friendly midwest, 80k but half are students. It's like a big little town. But I do fear "family" can make people think you don't have the tools or whatever to be a real professional so presentation and appearance needs to be perfect. Any advice other than uniforms and a good looking van/website on not looking to rinky dink?

I need to make a new website, mine is just okish. What do you think of this site? I really really like everything about it http://pdxcarpetcare.com/ I noticed this is your web guy also Tom.

Here's something I keep going in circles on:
Is putting some pricing on your website a bad idea for high end customers? I personally generally do not take the time to call someone if they can't put a single price on their site. I hate having to hear a pitch without an idea on price. I like the idea of putting at least a 3 room special to get the smaller customers and event cleaners. I mean I need all I can get this early on. Does that in any way hurt to advertise a price? My idea was to specifically put it a little higher than the other guy in town so the absolute bottom feeders can pass on me and hopefully anyone who values a better job would call me. Only 2 guys in my town advertise their pricing online, the cheapest (Who has millions in his bank account...don't ask how I know) who gets probably 40% of the citys biz, and SS

Thanks

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Price on the website gives them no reason to call! You should want them to call.

If they call, you/phone person have they opportunity to convince them into using you.

Respectfully disagree - his value proposition is stated:

People like us because of our honest approach to pricing. We DON'T play games - No Hidden Fees! No matter how dirty your carpet is you pay one low price.

The thing that I would challenge him to think about is to allow the process to continue. He drives them to the Internet to see his site and shares his pricing. He should consider allowing people to finish the process and book it and be done. Forcing them to go offline potentially loses people. Not everyone wants to call and talk when they are free looking at this online pricing at 10:00 PM. I will be at www.iceexpo.org if he is attending. I'll show him how it works or anyone for that matter.
If you don't think that this a good strategy - call 1800-SouthWest or 1800-Radisson to make your next booking for flights or hotel rooms. I dare you! :oldrolleyes:

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Respectfully disagree - his value proposition is stated:

People like us because of our honest approach to pricing. We DON'T play games - No Hidden Fees! No matter how dirty your carpet is you pay one low price.

The thing that I would challenge him to think about is to allow the process to continue. He drives them to the Internet to see his site and shares his pricing. He should consider allowing people to finish the process and book it and be done. Forcing them to go offline potentially loses people. Not everyone wants to call and talk when they are free looking at this online pricing at 10:00 PM. I will be at ice if he is attending. I'll show him how it works or anyone for that matter.
If you don't think that this a good strategy - call 1800-SouthWest or 1800-Radisson to make your next booking for flights or hotel rooms. I dare you! :oldrolleyes:
He does have an online estimate box on every other page. Just not the most important one... Also I don't think its a great idea to put ALL pricing online. Just a 2 or 3 room special

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Again respectfully IMHO, an online form requiring continued process is NOT booking and done. Its a continuation of a chink in the value chain.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Again respectfully IMHO, an online form requiring continued process is NOT booking and done. Its a continuation of a chink in the value chain.

Agree to! If your pricing isn't confusing and can be stated upfront, DO IT. We've had great results w/having pricing online. Many calls of ours I ask do you need a quote first, customer: No, I seen online you charge XX per room and a Sectional is.. XXX amount.

Or they just book online using this awesome tool called FittleBug. Ask @smastio about that. :)

I actually need to calculate the results from our online bookings because they have been worth the program cost 10x.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
No Hidden Fees! No matter how dirty your carpet is you pay one low price.

I can see how such a value proposition can easily bit you in the ass.

Urine, feces, red stains, ink, paint, trashed, or anything considered "advanced" as defined by most cleaners, is all going to be considered falling under the term "dirty" to most customers, without any differentiation.

Stating "No matter how dirty" is likely going to make it awfully hard to justify any additional charges without appearing as if your are not honoring your part of the bargain.

Is treatment of all these other conditions included in your LOW price?

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Agree to! If your pricing isn't confusing and can be stated upfront, DO IT. We've had great results w/having pricing online. Many calls of ours I ask do you need a quote first, customer: No, I seen online you charge XX per room and a Sectional is.. XXX amount.

Or they just book online using this awesome tool called FittleBug. Ask @smastio about that. :)

I actually need to calculate the results from our online bookings because they have been worth the program cost 10x.

Appreciate the comment Will. I will (no pun) be in Vegas Wednesday afternoon. South Point Hotel. Call me or I'll call you. ITMT - check this out... http://www.fittlebug.com/super-user/

Reactions: WillS

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I need to listen to the customer speak. I also believe they need the sound of a reassuring professional telling then they'll be in good hands. Serious spending customers.

Online booking is okay for repeat customers and, I suppose, move-outs.

I don't price online because it can get messy in the long run. There's so much potential for poor communications, which can lead to misinformation, which can lead to poor reviews - and positive reviews is where the money is made.

I just assume let the cheap shopper go elsewhere rather than jeopardize my reputation. OTOH, I will kiss ass for a positive review.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellie Hiler

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
this client of FittleBug has over 1000 bookings in two years. They will book at high levels. Actually his highest is about 1,000. This is a new client

upload_2016-1-17_15-5-58.png

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We get decent bookings on Fittle too. Actually return customers really like it as they know our service already and find it easier. They also add on additional services they normally wouldn't over the phone. Is there a way to tell how many bookings we've had threw fittle or $ amount? @smastio

order2.jpg

order.jpg

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
We get decent bookings on Fittle too. Actually return customers really like it as they know our service already and find it easier. They also add on additional services they normally wouldn't over the phone. Is there a way to tell how many bookings we've had threw fittle or $ amount? @smastio

tres davis

Name
tres
Thanks for building that feature Steve! I just rolled it out to all our property managers and got a lot of positive feedback on it. I think it's going to be a good value add for them and they are a large % of our biz

Reactions: smastio

Chris A

Name
Chris
We put a quote feature on our site and haven't really noticed a difference good or bad

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Thanks for building that feature Steve! I just rolled it out to all our property managers and got a lot of positive feedback on it. I think it's going to be a good value add for them and they are a large % of our biz
You bet! I do stuff that makes sense if I can. I think that most people would find value in that option of FittleBug if they would take a look.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom