Ager Sealer

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I did a estimate on some limestone. The guy said it was treated with ager sealer. If I clean this stone will it change the look of the stone.

What is ager? Does it go into the stone or does it stay on the top?
They never covered this in the iicrc class

Thank You

Name
cameron demille
Ager is made by Tenax. It's a high end impregnating sealer. Keep the pressure low and stick with a neutral or alkaline cleaner and you should be fine.

is this a floor or counter.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Kitchen and bathroom floor. Should it be sealed again or would the sealer not go in with the ager on the stone? I use cobbs sealer.

Thank You

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
You would be better off resealing with Ager or at least have some on hand. There is no color enhancer like it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sealer incompatibility would be a great article topic for our front page.Especially enhancers that never seem to play well together

Name
cameron demille
I don't think I have ever had that much of an issue with sealer compatibility. They soak into the stone or they don't. I'm sure there are some potential issues, but I can't recall any that would give enough context for an article.

I would actually not use Ager on a floor. It is thick, and if not done exactly the way it should be, in can turn into a problem. I would also caution against enhancing limestone. A lot of times when limestone and sandstone are darkened, weird spots show up. Like thinset spots, spill spots, spots that will show where someone set down a container of something. The best way to judge is to look at the floor while is soaked with water. If there are any inconsistencies, I wouldn't enhance it.

Back
Top Bottom