Air scrubber filter!! Getting paid

Name
John
Just curious we normally don't charge for air scrubber hepa filter but we just did a cat 3 and was gonna charge for but xactimate is 238.00$ for that filter for the Phoenix guardian XL... Is there anyway an adjuster is gonna pay that?? Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We charge off prefilters on most jobs but only the HEPA's on mold jobs where they run for an extended period of time or the levels were very elevated.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We have never charged for the pre-filter but charge for the primary on all Cat3 and Mold losses.
We actually change them ( as opposed to some company's that don't) and video the process. We say. im bob at done and im changing the filter for the air scrubber for ____ job as it was a category 3. the video shows the old one going in a trash bag and a new one being installed. if we are ever challenged we send a dropbox link to the adjuster. They always pay

Reactions: tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow how much for shipping those nearly virgin HEPA's to me? Save the Hotlanta landfills! ;)

You're charging full boat on the expensive filters, I can see how you can throw in the cheap ones.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was just givin you sh*t! :biggrin:

I think you actually have a good plan. It does cost more but you have zero chance of cross contamination.

I think that the best way and I agree with it. We change the all out once a year, on some projects they are charged off to that project and replaced. Other times we may use them for several jobs and only charge for prefilters and the rental of the scrubber.

It varies depending on duration the hepa was in use and what it was exposed to.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I know. its cool. Since I began running this operation I have had to fight the old mentality of "save a buck at the expense of standards"
If i took anything from my experience with pro, I WILL NO LONGER WORK IN THE GREY AREAS!
Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Especially when dealing with mold. When used for wdr, fire & dust there is far less of a concern.

Liability is just too high for mold, replacement just takes a few minutes and you're much safer putting a clean HEPA in a home or business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom