AL falling off Yelp flyin high

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I know a lot of you aren't fans of Angie's list but it has been a huge part of our early success. Last year we booked 381 jobs from them, this year(2016 that is) its down to round 150. We are destroying everyone in our area in reviews since about 3 years ago so we don't think its that, over 700 reviews for us, nearest company is around 200. We have more views to our page this year as well, at least thats what our account manager says, so cant really pin-point what it might be except they went to the free option to late and people have moved on.

On the other hand since we took a comfortable review lead on Yelp about 5 months ago, it has really taken Angie's place. Lets just say we pay a pretty penny for AL and nothin for Yelp, think its about time to cut ties with them unless anyone knows somethin we don't???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do the 150 jobs cover your AL marketing expenses? If not consider ditching them. If you aren't getting a decent return that cow could be milked out. :winky:

I might spend a little on Facebook and pocket the rest. Or take Chris's color class and add color repair to your service offering.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I had the exact same experience with AL. I wonder if they mess with stuff after you have been with them for 1 year + to give others/their new guys a chance over you? I have been told that they aren't running carpet cleaning adds as much anymore, but I don't get their adds so I can't certify that claim.

Reactions: Beeks

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I had the exact same experience with AL. I wonder if they mess with stuff after you have been with them for 1 year + to give others/their new guys a chance over you? I have been told that they aren't running carpet cleaning adds as much anymore, but I don't get their adds so I can't certify that claim.
Could very well be, just know its a huge change from what we are used too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom