All with a Cimex?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Russ do you have a carpet brush for 175?

If so mop on grout cleaner and scrub with that. If other brushes don't make it.

Dwell time is your friend remember. Helper and hand scrub/detail.

I agree with busting into 2 trips. I run like you and it's tough on 1 man.

Good luck. Do your best and they will be happy. Place equipment by zones and check em off as you knock em out.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It will be 2 trips now. Hard floors tomorrow. I may take our 14 year old. Historically, a job takes longer with all the questions and suggestions coming from him. We need to spend more time together anyway.

Brad, excellent suggestion on the carpet brush for tile and grout. I've got one and will use it tomorrow. It was going to cost me $115 or something to get the Cimex brushes in time from JD. I'll pass on principle. Not necessarily JD's fault. Still can't figure out why so much from Chicago to Des Moines when ordering on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Those of you that have used your Cimex to strip vct, Do you still mop on your stripper or do you feed it threw your machine?

Name
Nate W.
It will be 2 trips now. Hard floors tomorrow. I may take our 14 year old. Historically, a job takes longer with all the questions and suggestions coming from him. We need to spend more time together anyway.

Brad, excellent suggestion on the carpet brush for tile and grout. I've got one and will use it tomorrow. It was going to cost me $115 or something to get the Cimex brushes in time from JD. I'll pass on principle. Not necessarily JD's fault. Still can't figure out why so much from Chicago to Des Moines when ordering on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Welcome to my world on shipping prices......:dejection:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Those of you that have used your Cimex to strip vct, Do you still mop on your stripper or do you feed it threw your machine?

Simple way to strip with a Cimex... Apply a high quality rinse free stripper to the floor with a mop. Then dispense plain water through your Cimex as you scrub the floor. If you use aggressive pads like the Lightning strip pads the whole thing goes pretty easy. The pads cut the finish, as the free floating planetary heads travel over the floor to address all the highs and lows of the floor. As you dispense plain water from the CImex, it the water becomes a carrier for the stripper as it emulsifies the gooey finish. The fire gets started with the stripper, and adding plain water flushes the stripper & finish. Follow up with a wet vac and a quick rinse to pick up anything the wet vac misses. I've stripped lots and lots of floors, but I've never seen anything strip more efficiently than the Cimex with Lightning strip pads. It's more effective than a Nylogrit brush on a rotary machine or any pad I've ever tried on a rotary machine. The Cimex is the BOMB for stripping!

P.S. Wipe down your Cimex with copious amounts of water immediately after the job, before the stripper and finish re-congeal onto the Cimex. Otherwise the Cimex will look like a turd real fast!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well, the tile is in the books. It went smoothly for a 10 hour day.

It was our 14 year olds first full day of work so I tried to make a big deal out of that. He really was a big help. Easily saved me a couple hours of work.

He's saving up for a Honda Ruckus moped!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well, the tile is in the books. It went smoothly for a 10 hour day.

It was our 14 year olds first full day of work so I tried to make a big deal out of that. He really was a big help. Easily saved me a couple hours of work.

He's saving up for a Honda Ruckus moped!

Was thinking about you guys all day Russ T.

My wife asked my Saturday after our water extraction "are you heading out to Iowa now?" :lol:

Told her I saw your son was going to be there, so I told her I thought the bonding time would be important.....

Otherwise, I was gonna call and see if I could still join you :)

Glad it went well and hope the carpets go as smooth.

I have a big weekend next weekend too of carpet cleaning

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom