Amazing Wonder Duo hack out a Marble Bathroom..

Mikey P

Administrator
actually, we did a pretty damn good job.

Home owners were thrilled and got a screaming deal, I learned a ton and Albert made a few bucks and has agreed to be my marble sub..

Videos to come but enjoy these pics in the mean time.

20130211_175839_zps62a5fff0.jpg

20130211_111238_zps3754a46b.jpg

20130211_112037_zps81bac024.jpg

20130211_121910_zps1d2d61f3.jpg

20130211_175124_zpsfaef7fa1.jpg

20130211_175100_zpsf950e2b3.jpg

CleaningLA

Name
Fernando
Looks great mikey.
I just finished a countertop stone class with Rob over at hard rock tools. Man I learned so much from him.
I even got a nice set up package to start doing ct also.

Reactions: Lance Golden

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Awesome Video's Mikey,

Cannot imagine being locked in a bathroom with a polisher and NO EAR PLUGS.

Is the process fairly dustless? looks like more of a soup muck that you end up dealing with for cleanup.

Carry On RPF, lol

Name
cameron demille
Awesome Video's Mikey,

Cannot imagine being locked in a bathroom with a polisher and NO EAR PLUGS.

Is the process fairly dustless? looks like more of a soup muck that you end up dealing with for cleanup.

Carry On RPF, lol

These machines (Makita 9227c) are not loud, they go from 600 RPM to 2500 or so. I rarely go above 600. If you need ear plugs for one of these, you have other problems. There is no dust, like Mikey said, it's done with water.

edit: I wasn't trying to sound like a dick, I realize my comment may have came off that way. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Sorry.

Last edited:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Pretty cool.

So how do you do behind and beside the sink where there is not enough room for the Makita?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
So how do you do behind and beside the sink where there is not enough room for the Makita?

You could use wet dry sandpaper for the honing. Polish with by hand with a small piece of hoghair or similar pad. At the end though, I've never gotten it to look as good as the rest of the field, just let the customer know before hand.

The job took much longer then I thought due to that tub sourround. It's best to take out as much hardware as possible to make things go smoother. Really the whole thing needed to be done but that's not what was agreed on. These people loved Mikey, you should have heard the lady..."Oh, it looks beautiful". Thing is she was saying it before even looking at it...to freakin funny.

Thanks for the gig Mikey, I had a good time with you.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
These machines (Makita 9227c) are not loud, they go from 600 RPM to 2500 or so. I rarely go above 600. If you need ear plugs for one of these, you have other problems. There is no dust, like Mikey said, it's done with water.

edit: I wasn't trying to sound like a dick, I realize my comment may have came off that way. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Sorry.

Thanks Cameron!
That is great info and much appriciated Sir! :biggrin:

I for one have to hear things going on around me so........

btw; is yur favorite word huh? lol

Chris

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You could use wet dry sandpaper for the honing. Polish with by hand with a small piece of hoghair or similar pad. At the end though, I've never gotten it to look as good as the rest of the field, just let the customer know before hand.

The job took much longer then I thought due to that tub sourround. It's best to take out as much hardware as possible to make things go smoother. Really the whole thing needed to be done but that's not what was agreed on. These people loved Mikey, you should have heard the lady..."Oh, it looks beautiful". Thing is she was saying it before even looking at it...to freakin funny.

Thanks for the gig Mikey, I had a good time with you.

Great Video Albert!

Is it just me or did Mikey run off everytime the work got going?

Name
cameron demille
I use this one for CT's and spot damage repair on floors...

http://www.mechanicstoolsupply.com/7-Inch-SanderPolisher-Variable-Speed-Kit_p_15665.html#

You can put 3 diamond pads under it at the same time... or a 7" Hogshair...

Albert, is that a 4" you are using?... If so, I wish I had 1 for tighter areas Which model is that?

Nice work guys!

That's the same machine in the video that you posted

I use 4" and 5" pads exclusively. Less surface area, more PSI on the pad with less physical effort and less drag on the machine.

You can get a 4" or 5" backer for $20, just make sure it's rigid and not flexible. It will be different though, than what you're used to. You need to have absolute control of the machine. It's like a floor machine, but rotates clockwise instead of counter clockwise. If it's not dead flat it will run left or right if you lift or lean on the handle. Best way to avoid this is to train yourself to lock the trigger immediately with your dominant hand around the body, right behind the head, and your other hand pushing directly down on the head.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Does Lowes, or Ace carry it, Cameron..The backer. Thanks...

Or Are you referring to the diamond disc's? I do use the rigid (thick style) type marble diamonds...

Last edited by a moderator:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Try your local tile and stone tile store too. They often have a few things. I actually prefer a flexible 4" for the pad driver vs rigid. Since you're usually not cutting too much on a typical marble restoration, there's minimal chance of creating waves. With that said if I have a rigid already on the makita I may just use it instead. At the end of the day I think it's just personal preference (rx20, 360i, hoss and now T rex).

Albert
marble polsihing san jose cleaning

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom