amtexequipment.com

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Has anybody had any experience with truckmount from Ben at Amtex equipment. I am very impressed with the design and appearance of his equipment particularly his inferno 500. Anyone with pro' and con's

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Heard horror stories of people owning them at the other forums...And there's one guy on another forum who started all types of shit for someone he sold his equipment too...LOL...After all there cheaper than buying hydra master, prochem, SS, masterblend, and more...You'll probably get you pay for...It's gonna suck for me in the future, I'll probably consider from the big 3...I need something with heat...Heat exchangers never did me justice in the past...Good Luck with what ever you choose...

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Hit or miss on those machines. I have known some to work flawlessly from the get go and others to be nothing but trouble. The heat exchangers are top notch however, amazing heat. Buddy had one that he removed 1 heat exchanger to repair a freeze hole and it was still doing 190 with one of two.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
It will become a rust mount as a lot of components are made of steel(not stainless steel).

They look cool and have similar components to most manufactures but that is where the good ends.

Beware on warranty and beware on trying to get more than a 1000 hours out of an Amtex.
There are very few who are made of stainless steel. Most are made of steel and aluminum then powder coated.

Name
Todd
We do trash our vans. I am hesitant to buy a new one. I just noticed a big dent in the sliding door today, Don't know where that came from.

Then I read about the new vans having thin walls, Not good

Reactions: Art Kelley

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
How about an aluminum van? Are there any besides the giant milk trucks and package delivery trucks?

My 1st van was a used 91 Ford. It was the shit. 300 6cyl was amazingly strong. No matter how full my tanks were it seem to handle it with no problem. I sold it to a guy at 178K miles. Some time later he told me the floor was giving out. The van had a carpeted floor when I got it. So all the flooding and all musta rotted the floor over time. I guess the best thing to do is to coat your floor when you get a van because youre gonna spill stuff.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So far all I hear is rumors and he said/she said. I'd be foolish not to listen to people that have first hand knowledge but rumors abound about every manufacturer. When I look at Ben's videos and see the pride he has in his units, it makes want to go down there an check them out. He seems to get awesome heat out of his dual heat exchangers and every new model seems to be improved over the old one, so he seems to learn from his mistakes. It would really be nice to hear from someone that has owned or used one.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So far all I hear is rumors and he said/she said. I'd be foolish not to listen to people that have first hand knowledge but rumors abound about every manufacturer. When I look at Ben's videos and see the pride he has in his units, it makes want to go down there an check them out. He seems to get awesome heat out of his dual heat exchangers and every new model seems to be improved over the old one, so he seems to learn from his mistakes. It would really be nice to hear from someone that has owned or used one.[/QUOTE

No rumors here.ni have owned an Amtex unit and it was a complete disaster. I gave it away to a buddy so he could fiddle with it but he just got frustrated and pulled the motor and blower to power a different mount.

No six Amtex units are the same, he continually just keeps changing designs like he is engineering on the fly without proper testing and development.

I am not giving any money to a manufacturer for me to test their products, especially a Truckmount.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have never seen or owned or know of anyone who has an Amtex. I have seen alot of drama on the boards about them. I personally would not own one because when I by my next machine it will be from one of the major manufactures and from someone who can service it in warranty with out having to travel. Just because the up front money is cheaper than buying a name brand you have to look at the long term cost.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Jack, if you look at Ben's units, they are not boxed in at all. the sides are completely open. I know he has issues with the fuel burner units, he is using the,NOrth star 350000btu heaters which is crazy as far as I'M concerned. They are pressure washing heaters not for carpet cleaning. I can what some people are talking about with galvanized plumbing pipe ends. I just look at his Inferno 500 and 700 machines and think if he can get the reliability down, they are killer units

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron I know someone that has a 25 horse unit in my area that swears by it. Too bad Mel wasn't still around building machines.

Back
Top Bottom