and another..

Mikey P

Administrator
The IICRC is the Yellow Pages trying to “keep up” with Angie’s List and Home Advisor. Whilst organic Google, and word of mouth continue to top the food chain, the industry continues growth. Success bears territorial reverence for contrite polished elite to elevate the trade, yet we still hear the dinosaurs in the throes of death, ravaging every nubile prospect that is smells. The survivors of the gauntlet look back and mock their attackers knowing they have rendered them powerless.

Harry Potter much?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm a lapsed master cleaner, I sat in on acct class with my senior tech when he was new in 2015. It was a total joke, the instructor (pretty well known) spent more time talking about himself and his successes than the subject matter.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike...honest question....

now that you're the "new Star" at ICCRC , and if want it, will be in a paid senior leadership position is a few years, what's the goal/direction you want to see it go?

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
the only paid positions require skills I dont have.

I'm only there for the hookers and crawdaddies.

seriously though, I'm there representing Lee and his wishes, which coincide with much of what I want, and that is better classes which encompass more real hands on learning, online classes especially and far more value added for paying registrants, which in the end increases registrant $ that leads to the funds needed to do more cool things like the cheat sheets and spotting guides and better quality hookers and seafood for us shareholders.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the idea of hands on training. Might cost a little more to have a proper truck mount and required tools at a class but it would be worth it to be able to train guys on things like proper wand stroke, rotary tools, flash extractors, how the chemistry actually works. Seeing is believing.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
A1A43471-9B73-415A-8773-AEB058E36D95.jpeg
Harry Potter much?

Reactions: Mikey P and Chris A

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Dont know if I have said it in another thread but the way we did it when we were a multi truck operation was that I went to the IICRC Classes and then taught the course to our techs. I would never pay a tech to go to an IICRC class. Not that this would be bad, but its unnecessary. Any multi truck company should have monthly training classes and the IICRC courses would be a nice fit for a few of them.

That way you can integrate the IICRC course with the way that your company cleans (or want the tech to clean) Also there is some information in the course that is irrelevant to a tech.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Dont know if I have said it in another thread but the way we did it when we were a multi truck operation was that I went to the IICRC Classes and then taught the course to our techs. I would never pay a tech to go to an IICRC class. Not that this would be bad, but its unnecessary. Any multi truck company should have monthly training classes and the IICRC courses would be a nice fit for a few of them.

That way you can integrate the IICRC course with the way that your company cleans (or want the tech to clean) Also there is some information in the course that is irrelevant to a tech.
And then you want to claim iicrc firm status without any certified techs. Fooking bullshit.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
FredC said:

About Jena Dyco
Jena Dyco International is the leading carpet cleaning and restoration training school in Australia. We run IICRC courses and well as nationally recognised carpet cleaning qualifications. Jena Dyc…
jenadyco.wordpress.com
jenadyco.wordpress.com
gone now
dED.....?

That's a zombie website.

I believe a down under school got in some trouble for giving the test answers to students. The IICRC control was to have one question on the test that couldn't be answered correctly, so anyone that got 100% cheated.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I like the idea of hands on training. Might cost a little more to have a proper truck mount and required tools at a class but it would be worth it to be able to train guys on things like proper wand stroke, rotary tools, flash extractors, how the chemistry actually works. Seeing is believing.
One of the original ideas behind the GRC was to have it set up so the courses that require a lot of work to set up a hands-on portion could be done there.
Ever done a stone course at a distributor where the demonstrations are done on 3x3 section of tile glued to the warehouse floor? The GRC could have a more involved set up, students and instructors fly in (Vegas is usually a cheap ticket from everywhere), and quality of instruction improves. That doesn't bring butts into seats at distributor's salesrooms though, so maybe never going to get off the ground.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ever done a stone course at a distributor where the demonstrations are done on 3x3 section of tile glued to the warehouse floor? The GRC could have a more involved set up, students and instructors fly in (Vegas is usually a cheap ticket from everywhere), and quality of instruction improves. That doesn't bring butts into seats at distributor's salesrooms though, so maybe never going to get off the ground.
Stone Pro

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Stone Pro
Ever gone to a Pro's Choice seminar?

Stone Pro likely teaches a great class in how to take care of stone using Stone Pro products. Are competing products that are better or more cost effective mentioned?

I sent a couple techs to a leather course once, and the instructor pushed his products so hard that our techs came back griping about how our chosen and proven products were crap, and what cheap asses we were to not buy the instructor's products. Neither tech ever touched a piece of leather for us.

The IICRC courses are supposed to be generic, and I think if they were held outside a salesroom they'd probably be more so.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ever gone to a Pro's Choice seminar?

Stone Pro likely teaches a great class in how to take care of stone using Stone Pro products. Are competing products that are better or more cost effective mentioned?

I sent a couple techs to a leather course once, and the instructor pushed his products so hard that our techs came back griping about how our chosen and proven products were crap, and what cheap asses we were to not buy the instructor's products. Neither tech ever touched a piece of leather for us.

The IICRC courses are supposed to be generic, and I think if they were held outside a salesroom they'd probably be more so.
Yes I have. It was very good.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ummm..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom