Any Hydrokinetic Upholstery Tool users here?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think I'll get one of those. I like it, its not perfect but its not a bad tool and could be handy for flat surfaces.

If they had a better shaped head and not so wide I think it would be a better tool.

FredC

Village Idiot
yeah the hydro is a bit bulky. You get used to it. If I was cleaning theater seats I'd much rather have the smaller lighter SS tool though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree.

How about cushions and piping trim? It seemed a bit bulky when I tried it on the cushions at MF10, yet I could still see where it had some value as another option for cleaning different flatter pieces. Mattresses, rug fringes???

FredC

Village Idiot
Piping was definitely a little more difficult at first. Requires a different technique.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
It's a bit on the heavier side... I loved it before the SS tool came out... I still like it for flatter bigger pieces and mattresses... Imho the glide leaked a little too much for my liking, so I would use electrical tape to seal it up... I have portables and a weeenie-mount... Detailing isn't it's strong suit, but you figure out ways to get it done...

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have had the Drimaster 3 tools for 6 months, very well built, no drip and fast to work with. I like the control being on the head and have no complains. It really does well on the microfiber material.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've had the HK tool for several years now.
it's heavy, somewhat awkward, doesn't quite get to the edge..front or side
BUT
It doesn't over wet, leaves mininal moisture on the fabric, the water doesn't penetrate into the cushion, because it has a pressure jet there is better flushing.
cleaning the piping you just move the tool sideways along the piping
I put in an 04 jet so there is good flow to keep the heat
you can spray/mist a section down if you need
the Teflon holed glide makes it perfect for fine fabrics like silk and mattress material

If I were to improve it I'd made the sides a little thinner and use plastic for the body rather than white metal.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've also had the HydroKinetic for some time now.

I wish I had of bought one years ago when I used to read Lorens' glowing reports about it.

Instead I bought the DriMaster 2, which, in my opinion, was no where near as good as the smaller original white DriMaster, (which I still have).

Should have called it the DisasterMaster.

I agree with all that Ron (above) has said about the HK tool.

I use mine in much the same way, but I also prefer to use my SS on the smaller, fiddly stuff.

For office partitions, mattresses & large flat areas, the HK can't be beat.

I also feel though, that people with little forearm strength may suffer carpel tunnel problems using it, as it is a heavier tool, but I still love it & the results it gives me.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
update, after another 6+ months I still bring both Sapphire and Kinetic in the house but end up using the Kinetic. Have learned to do outside and inside corners, piping and even tighter stretched fabrics. Like the darn thing so much I'm shopping on-line so I don't get caught short on repair parts....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We now on the main cleaning truck carry four upholstery tools.

Dm2
Dm3
Hk
Ss pro
Somejobs we will bring the pmf titanium for office chairs.

We hate upholstery like Chavez hates VCT.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom