any news about orcon?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We were just told by our supplier that they would no longer be carrying Orcon tape. Checked with another supplier and they said they were limited to stock on hand, as Orcon had "suspended operations." A check of the Orcon website nets only an e-mail click through.

Anyone know if the company is gone? Will their product survive under another brand?

Is there another product on the market as good as Orcon Super S?

Stevea

Bryan,

I had one of my suppliers tell me about 6 weeks ago, or so, they just decided to close up. Said it had nothing to do with finances (?) they were just finished.

As for tape, Seam Master who is tied in with Kool Glide now carries all types of seam tape as well. I would think they have some very good tape based upon their company and their history. I am talking about Seam Master; but they distribute now through Kool Glide as well. You might want to check with them. Just a suggestion.

It is amazing to see such a large quality company just go away.

SA

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Thanks everyone. I found the Floor daily site after I'd posted.

We bought a few cases of the Super S remaining in another supplier's stock and will be trying other brands as we go along. Keep the brand recommendations coming!

Mike, Orcon was a premium brand that cost more than what the illegal alien carpet layers were willing to pay, but was popular with quality minded installers. When you're making area rugs, the quality of the seam is more critically important than with stretched-in carpet, so is not a place to scrimp on product. Particularly when you don't want to have to repair the rug when it comes in for cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom