Anyone ever asked to give a quote for a WDJ?

Mike

I had a call the other day for a WDJ that was a 2 story condo w/ a i BR condo underneath w/ crawlspace under that. This was a pretty major job. Everything wet Ceilings walls bathrooms furn. kitchen cabinets. walls. ect. The owner tells me is without insurance at the time and wants a quote. Would any of you have been able to give him one. I could'nt. Too many variables. I also wonder about getting paid even with a signed work authorization. By the time it would take me to try and figure out every little line item that would go into a job like this too much time would have gone by. Anyway, I got the impression that my qoute would have been a whole lot more than he had in mind. He must have got someone to give him a qoute. Not for me. Anyone want to share their experiences with the uninsured?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I charge a $125 per hour inspection fee. I use my meters to determine the scope of the job. I break the job down to give an estimate. Excess water extraction, equipment needed for each room and approximate time the equipment will be in each area. Any tear out that is necessary would be estimated in approximate man hours and disposal fees. I am not a building contractor and do not do rebuilds so, no estimate on that.
I believe Shane at New England Steamway has a program that gives homeowners a instant loan to cover WD expenses and pay the restorer. I don't recall the exact contract terms but it is geared to homeowners with out WD insurance. I think this is a interlink supply program and is likely available nation wide.

minuteman

That happens all the time, after afew jobs ballparking is easy, and I'm withen a grand or under.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if there is no insurance, I give them a substantial discount with the understanding payment is due upon completion. I give them a flat rate to do the work, dryout etc, I keep in mind that, there are always unforseen things and adjust my bid accordingly, after you have looked at a few you will know better what to do.

Back
Top Bottom