Anyone have an Amtex machine?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Anyone have an Amtex machine?

Waldo is right. Why buy a machine that is complicated for 2 to 3 times the money when you can buy a Cobb, Judson or other machine and do 100% of the repairs yourself? I do 90% of the fixes myself but some things are over my head.

I have never seen an Amtex and am wondering if anyone has owed one.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Adam;

I appreciate that you do the TM repairs yourself.

We build an open-concept TM that can be maintained by most owners.

Each TM you evaluate should be examined for all materials of construction.

Steel parts will absolutely rust . . .

even if powder coated with attractive colors.

Hardware and pipe fittings should be stainless, brass or corrosion-resistant for ease of maintenance.

Can you trace the flow of water in the TM from intake, thru the pump, HX, and out the high pressure outlet ?

Can you follow the electrical wiring of the TM ?

All of these factors have an influence on your ability to keep the TM at top operating condition.

Thanks;

Larry

Reactions: AlienAgent

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry if you and ***** want to have your machines set up when I visit later this month, I'll video you giving "tours" of each.

We can talk about how much it will cost to have them posted over the delicious meat free dinner you will be buying.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Amtex machine are horrible!

I gave away the one I had to a friend. So he could repower an older cobbs unit he had sitting there.

Everything is so poorly thought out, it is a shame. When I called into the shop and spoke with the owner, he recommended that I buy a newer updated Frame and just transfer everything to the newer designed frame as the one I had was more like a prototype?

Quality components don't make a quality truckmount. Just because it has a cat pump roots blower and a Honda engine doesn't mean it was designed well for normal work or maintenance.

Adam, go with a Judson or Cobb unit. Simple and run for a long time.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Adam;

I appreciate that you do the TM repairs yourself.

We build an open-concept TM that can be maintained by most owners.

Each TM you evaluate should be examined for all materials of construction.

Steel parts will absolutely rust . . .

even if powder coated with attractive colors.

Hardware and pipe fittings should be stainless, brass or corrosion-resistant for ease of maintenance.

Can you trace the flow of water in the TM from intake, thru the pump, HX, and out the high pressure outlet ?

Can you follow the electrical wiring of the TM ?

All of these factors have an influence on your ability to keep the TM at top operating condition.

Thanks;

Larry

Well Larry, you continue to speak truth. That is a respectable trait. Regardless of any offense taken from thin skinned readers.

Open design, stainless steel, and common parts rule!

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Well Larry, you continue to speak truth. That is a respectable trait. Regardless of any offense taken from thin skinned readers.

Thin skinned readers are not being referred to on this board. We all know that most are of the Alpha sorts.

Reactions: Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry if you and ***** want to have your machines set up when I visit later this month, I'll video you giving "tours" of each.

We can talk about how much it will cost to have them posted over the delicious meat free dinner you will be buying.

Mikey;

I got a big BBQ dinner set up, with vegetable protein roasted black to look like real meat . :icon_twisted:

Larry

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
I'm Rick James
I have came across a lot of happy customers with their machines, the only downside is that you need to put 100% down. The owner seems like a cool guy.. Cobb is another that is worth looking into.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
dealtimeman: Your the first guy I heard that had something bad to say about a Amtex TM. And everybody says that Ben gives great customer service.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
From what I've heard Amtex had some problems in the early days that have since been solved.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
dealtimeman: Your the first guy I heard that had something bad to say about a Amtex TM. And everybody says that Ben gives great customer service.

John travavolta: who said anything bad about Amtex? Ben is a great guy. Pointing out design flaws is wrong? Your not one of the thinned skinned readers, are you?

Last edited:

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
Amtex Dragon 4047 going strong for three months now absolutely no mechanical problems!!!
a4u2y7es.jpg

I gladly Explained to Mikey that it has pushbutton to start the Northstar heater!!!

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I have a van divider one of those snap on types with two windows. It's not in the picture because I hadn't re-installed it yet so it's quite comfortable in my Chevy van but in Houston we usually have to have the AC on year around. I thought it would be really hot because of the Norstar but it's no problem at all.

sandstormli

Name
Roman
I run that same northstar, when done just shut the burner off run the machine for 2 minutes to dump / run cold water thrue it and thats it.
That damn thing can run so fricking hot it would be bad idea to just shot it all off at full heat...

VAn got way hotter when I had the heat exchanger, the northstar is very well insulated and when wented out it will make your van barely warmer...

Reactions: Shorty and Weebco

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have no clue how good the machines work but the 100% pre-payment is a little weird for an established company. No dealer network is also a negative.

Thank God for the internet i guess...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My local distributor talks trash on them but I'm sure it's due to the older units. The new ones look pretty nice from what's in the trade magazines and video's.

As much as they advertise I'm always puzzled that so few guys own their units. Who are they selling them to? Franchises? Guys that don't frequent the boards?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The guys I know (3) that have them subcontract apartment work and such.

I haven't seen a "newer unit" but all th units I have seen have iron and steel rusting all over them. One of the guys I know bought into the whole rolling truckmount platform amtex was selling he rushed into it and bought one. The belt was so difficult to change, you had to do about 3 hours of labor to change out the belt that went up to the single piston hydro pump. Also they were using chain couplers for the main coupling between the engine and the blower which shows there was no design effort at all.

On all but one unit I have seen of their the water was processed through the blower.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
Mikey;

I got a big BBQ dinner set up, with vegetable protein roasted black to look like real meat . :icon_twisted:

Larry
Mike, the last time I was at Amtex, I asked Ben, why he doesn't go on Mickey's Board? His answer was "because the administrators on Mickey's Board known to be controversial, specially Mike himself seen on line bashing us without any base all the time".

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe

Mike, the last time I was at Amtex, I asked Ben, why he doesn't go on Mickey's Board? His answer was "because the administrators on Mickey's Board known to be controversial, specially Mike himself seen on line bashing us without any base all the time".

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
100% down? Never heard of such a thing :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
100% upfront deposit has always been Amtex"s policy. I have been dealing with them close to 15 years , even I had to pay all the 23 K upfront before they would even start building it. I guess when you make such unique products ( myself owning one of them)....they can demand upfront payment.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe

Joe, Your always emphasizing on how a unit should be made, stainless, correct parts and so on, I couldn't help it but going back on some of your previous postings and found out that you bought an ** truckmount, pretty well made, stainless steel frames and fittings congratulations. except what I was really concerned about them was that I also read online about a guy complaining burnt wood charcoal was clogging his heater caused by ** TRUCK MOUNTS using WOOD, in their heaters for support. I guess that was another approved material by you that can be used in building Truck Mounts also right?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thats crazy, no way would I pay up front for it. I can see a nonrefundable deposit but dude, he has no skin in the game. Must be nice but think of all those he turns away with that insane policy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom