Anyone have experience running the Butler Maximum option?

Red Green

Name
Red
I'm curious what kind of actual performance that extra $2400 is going to give you at the wand with say a Zipper and a spinner on hard surface over the 'standard' set up.

Basically, is it worth it?

Anyone have actual measured numbers at the wand with both set ups?

I keep bouncing back and forth between a slide in and a 'pto' type set-up like a Butler or CDS, and I'm pulling my freaking hair out. I see advantages/disadvantages with most everything, one day I think I'm set on brand 'X' the next I flip again :icon_cry:

I had a dealer call me back on a two month old inquiry (that I gave up on) with a 13' box E350 for well under $25k so I'm back to chomping on the thought of a 'pto' or larger slide in.

Anyway, thoughts or experience on the two Butler options?
Thanks again for any input, some good stuff so far.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yes on the high heat and large blower option. It does make a difference!

I have run both types, and my family has been running Butlers a long time.

I will try and find some links to my set ups that are on here (maybe can find in the search option) and post.

I have a lot of options on my Butlers and love every one of them.

Here is also my Youtube channel and there are a lot of videos especially early in the Youtube channel of my set ups.

You can for sure contact me with any questions!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have never used a Butler without, but I sure love it with! Mine tests over 550 CFM at the side of van with 2.5" hose coming off the filter box to the side door with the blower relief factory set at 15hg. All the heat and suck I could want for a single wand machine. With the Zipper and 100ft of 2.5" hose on reel and the 200 gallon fresh and waste tanks, you will be smiling allot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F

FB7777

Marty,

The reel doesn't hold much unfortunately. I have 50' of 2.5 and 50 ' of 2 inch . The newer reels are weir and accommodate an additional 50 feet

The difference between high heat and regular butler is huge. Without Max heat the Butler can't barely hold 190atm

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
100 feet of 2.5 inch is what the reel will hold.

You can get a lot more of just 2 inch on a reel. I used to carry about 175 on the older Butler reels, now they have lengthened them a bit and sure I could get 200 feet or better with careful wrapping.

I just haven't tried it as I carry 200 feet of hose with me and all my 2 inch I usually carry in as needed.

And here are a lot of video shots of Marty's favorite port (PORK) holes....LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6LkkmYwsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BA72I2Nuos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3l7GldruSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_moeD-7eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-3kxbPCgz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBNKlEcuq9c

Mike Draper

Mark, do you have actual temperature Gauges on all your tools? Or do you only know the temp at the truck?

Mike Draper

Red green. Im pretty sure nobody can produce a video running a high flow TI wand sustaining 200 ATW when the temperature is below 32 degrees outside. This is based on my experience running the max HX option on my butler along with a bunch of other tweaks. For cold weather, it never gave me the performance I wanted. There is a huge difference in at the truck vs. ATW especially in the winter.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, do you have actual temperature Gauges on all your tools? Or do you only know the temp at the truck?

At the Truck, but Bill Soukorff has tested at the wand (in Canada) and we are still holding great heat.

We are getting great heat at the wand yet even in those below zero temps.

Actually, very satisfied with the heat and all around performance.

Running 6 jet Titanium with .02 jets

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have both standard and high heat models. In my opinion I'd get the high heat. She smokes!

Do I know temperatures? No, never had time or the desire for checking temps. It feels hot and does what we need, that all I care about. Sorry i not a motorhead, jusss a carpet cleaner.

Truth is its probably not as hot as it feels but we don't clean much trashed carpet and has always been more than enough for what we clean. :icon_cool:

J

JS41035

So how about the Butler APO? It's only 800 bucks installed. Everything else from butler is on the high side. But the APO is a grand cheaper than most. I can't see butler selling something that doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JS41035

I've always been curious about that. I noticed they offered a belt driven APO on the box trucks.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'd love to see a video of that sustained heat ATW in the winter

I will check it tomorrow for you when it hits 26 below....:stir: JK!

Not sure what kind of heat you are looking for but we have had not problem still burning ourselves on the hoses in the cold temps we have had.

This video was while we were on the second floor....and there is no outdoor door or window near by and we are still getting good heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMADF_yRbdA

This was the building and the hose run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFBA8jUqvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HncMrQhye7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42v3saN4Z0

So there are a few videos on my Youtube....and I probably have more on my computer.

Mike Draper

Just 200 ATW no matter the temp outside. No matter if I'm 300 ft out. Don't get me wrong, I think butler is a great machine. But it won't sustain those temps in the winter at the wand. I would have purchased one if that were the case.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just 200 ATW no matter the temp outside. No matter if I'm 300 ft out. Don't get me wrong, I think butler is a great machine. But it won't sustain those temps in the winter at the wand. I would have purchased one if that were the case.

Guess we will have to get those numbers for you this coming winter :)

Paging Bill Soukoreff.....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

Most butler owners don't GAS.
Its a productive, reliable set up with good resale value, different mindset mike.

Mike Draper

Shane, I'm trying to help out red green as to his question on heat performance. Not most butlers owners who don't give a shit. Since I have real world testing on running the butler with max heat through summer and winter with high flow wands fitted with temp gauges at the wand I believe my response is part of the equation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd trade low operating temps any day for not having tech's messing with propane.

Owner Op I'm good with propane, but asking a bunch of tech's to constantly remember to be safe in their dealings with pilot lights, over filling regulators and screwing with control valves is one liability I can do without. Plus we just don't clean much trashed carpet if any.

I prefer Heat Exchange, its not as hot...well unless its an Aerotec but there is a lot to be said for simplicity.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Red Green (Mark)

Being in New Mexico, I don't think you have to worry about our "heat debate in cold weather" that seems to be plaguing this post at this moment.

I think you would be satisfied with the heat it would consistently produce for you in your general temps of New Mexico.

I find a direct drive unit to be a more preferred type unit for us.

We have units that have made us a lot of money with little hassle (and we have put on a lot of hours and miles on our Butler set ups).

We have run portables, slide ins and direct drives and found that the Butler System fit our needs best.

You can personally contact me with more specific questions you might have in regards to a Butler.

Hope our other debate doesn't get in the way of your general question(s).

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Sorry guys, I don't have any videos as I am solo operator! But I did take some pics a couple years ago when I cleaned some commercial with a couple other buddies. One had a demo truck with a 570SS (Sapphire rep at the time) and the other a Everest 408 with the Nissan engine. The Butler shamed them badly.

It was 33.8F that day and we cleaned at 450 psi with a 10 flow wand (5-02's), 50 ft of 2.5" and a hundred 2" vac hose. 150ft of parflex. Triggered most of the time the Butler never dropped below 200F at the wand over the 4 hours of cleaning. It averaged at 210F all the time. Since then I have gone up to 5-03's and get even better heat. I have never dropped below 200F at wand in the coldest of winter days and I work non stop in winter. And not sissy winters. In summer, it's crazy, smoking hot. Don't miss my old 260,000 BTU propane heater at all. The Butler loves high flow. The more the better. With the Zipper at 600 to 700 psi, the carpets are steaming for minutes after, and again that is on crazy cold winter days.

The heat is all you could ever want. Rock solid, steady high heat.

View attachment 4946
View attachment 4947

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sorry guys, I don't have any videos as I am solo operator! But I did take some pics a couple years ago when I cleaned some commercial with a couple other buddies. One had a demo truck with a 570SS (Sapphire rep at the time) and the other a Everest 408 with the Nissan engine. The Butler shamed them badly.

It was 33.8F that day and we cleaned at 450 psi with a 10 flow wand (5-02's), 50 ft of 2.5" and a hundred 2" vac hose. 150ft of parflex. Triggered most of the time the Butler never dropped below 200F at the wand over the 4 hours of cleaning. It averaged at 210F all the time. Since then I have gone up to 5-03's and get even better heat. I have never dropped below 200F at wand in the coldest of winter days and I work non stop in winter. And not sissy winters. In summer, it's crazy, smoking hot. Don't miss my old 260,000 BTU propane heater at all. The Butler loves high flow. The more the better. With the Zipper at 600 to 700 psi, the carpets are steaming for minutes after, and again that is on crazy cold winter days.

The heat is all you could ever want. Rock solid, steady high heat.

View attachment 4946
View attachment 4947

Thanks Bill,

I was pretty sure you had those pics with the wand lie detector.

J

JS41035

That's pretty awesome. I love the Butler setup.
But the 570 I saw at MF was screaming hot. Like 250 ATM when the wand was wide open and it held 220 + with the hoss running for several minutes keyed the entire time. I would guess it would be as hot or hotter than a Butler high heat.

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff
Name
Bill Soukoreff
That's pretty awesome. I love the Butler setup.
But the 570 I saw at MF was screaming hot. Like 250 ATM when the wand was wide open and it held 220 + with the hoss running for several minutes keyed the entire time. I would guess it would be as hot or hotter than a Butler high heat.

The Butler delivered more heat at higher flow levels then the 570SS. The Everest 408 came in last.

Name
Marcus
I'm curious what kind of actual performance that extra $2400 is going to give you at the wand with say a Zipper and a spinner on hard surface over the 'standard' set up.

Basically, is it worth it?

Anyone have actual measured numbers at the wand with both set ups?

I keep bouncing back and forth between a slide in and a 'pto' type set-up like a Butler or CDS, and I'm pulling my freaking hair out. I see advantages/disadvantages with most everything, one day I think I'm set on brand 'X' the next I flip again :icon_cry:

I had a dealer call me back on a two month old inquiry (that I gave up on) with a 13' box E350 for well under $25k so I'm back to chomping on the thought of a 'pto' or larger slide in.

Anyway, thoughts or experience on the two Butler options?
Thanks again for any input, some good stuff so far.
As far as heat kero heat will be the best heat wo question....northern tools has a heater for 1500$
Advantage of pto...better vacuum...
Disadvantage...if van is down truckmount is down
Advantage of slide in...
Easier to work on
Less money...half the price
Buy 2 vans and slide ins for one pto
I Tweeked my naamco's for under 5000$ each and couldn't be happier
Put kero heat in both and put 33 hp engine on...gets much better vacuum and top of the line heat..will add 47 blower. Later
Added a zipper this year and rarely if ever trigger a wand..just tie off the trigger and clean...haven't triggered a wand in 8 years since I got the heaters
I'm next door in texas if you are ever in the area
The cap

Bonedrycarpet

Name
Jeff Maietta
As far as heat kero heat will be the best heat wo question....northern tools has a heater for 1500$
Advantage of pto...better vacuum...
Disadvantage...if van is down truckmount is down
Advantage of slide in...
Easier to work on
Less money...half the price
Buy 2 vans and slide ins for one pto
I Tweeked my naamco's for under 5000$ each and couldn't be happier
Put kero heat in both and put 33 hp engine on...gets much better vacuum and top of the line heat..will add 47 blower. Later
Added a zipper this year and rarely if ever trigger a wand..just tie off the trigger and clean...haven't triggered a wand in 8 years
I'm next door in texas if you are ever in the area
The cap
Which heater exactly?

Back
Top Bottom