anyone try Proforce carpet cleaner by ecolab, INC?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Sams club is the only place that sells it. I use there floor stripper. Like 6 bucks a gallon and there 2.5 gallon of floor wax for 22 bucks, Its the best wax i have ever used and its half the price of others.. The carpet cleaner.............. We have some nasty apartments that arehigh rises that we have to use our portbale for............... This sh_t is the bomb! I use acid rinse in truckmount cause i dont want it gummed up but the stuff is good.....

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
have you even actually used it as a detergent, I only use it on a portable its ok... Its probably not the saem stuff you used in 60's.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i was just wondering because its so cheap and CRI approved.. but did i mention its cheap... was thinking that if it worked i would use it on the lightly soiled commercial jobs i do.. dont think that i could use this on residential without worrying.. althought the ph is like 9.7 or 9.5.. ill let you guys know what i find out..

Chris A

Name
Chris
C&S said:
i was just wondering because its so cheap and CRI approved.. but did i mention its cheap... was thinking that if it worked i would use it on the lightly soiled commercial jobs i do.. dont think that i could use this on residential without worrying.. althought the ph is like 9.7 or 9.5.. ill let you guys know what i find out..

Chems are such a small portion of your expenses, it's probably better to avoid the headaches and buy the good stuff...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I did the math on the dilution rates and it’s not really all that cheep.

Name
Eric Valentine
joeynbgky said:
the dilution rate is 1 oz for lightly soiled i use 1 ounce to a gallon it has a good dilution rate
That is 1-2 ounces per gallon in your rinse. There are better formulated rinse agents out there that when diluted, cost less. The Proforce at max dilution would cost $1.63 in a 16 gallon portable. Liquid Slurry from Prochem would cost $1.25 to fill the same portable. The liquid slurry is figured at 1 ounce per 5 gallons as per the label. The prices were taken off the Sams Club website for the proforce, and Superiorcleaningsolutions.com for the liquid slurry.

Proforce:

Min. dilution = $0.81 (1 oz/gallon)
Max dilution = $1.63 (2 oz/gallon)

Prochem Liquid Slurry:

Min. dilution = $0.71 (1 oz/7.5 gallons)
Max Dilution = $1.25 (1 oz/5 gallons)

I would say just get the liquid slurry from John Olson.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Eric..

the 1 gal jug of proforce was only about $5.00 that works out to about .039 cents per ounce.. (1 oz to a gal)... thats cheap enought that ill just use it to clean my porch with.. (guessing thats what ill do with it after i try it out and see that its junk anyways.)

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
C&S said:
Eric..

the 1 gal jug of proforce was only about $5.00 that works out to about .039 cents per ounce.. (4 oz to a gal)... thats cheap enought that ill just use it to clean my porch with.. (guessing thats what ill do with it after i try it out and see that its junk anyways.)

Greenie

I'd to thank Eric for that work, cause I didn't have to.

Many times a low cost alternative purchased locally on short notice is a viable option, but if you had to ship the stuff.....

I like to focus on concentrates personally, it only has to be "within reason" and I'm going to sell the professional concentrate.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I used to use the proforce on hardly dirty carpet before the CRI approval and the dilution was 1 oz per gallon and now the bottle {I looked at the other day but didn't buy} says 2 oz per gallon. That's 8 cents per gallon. I thought it worked ok and smelled good. That's my 2 cents.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
wtf.. ..the web site says 1 oz per gallon but my gallon jug here right in front of me says 4 oz per gallon..

ron markam

Never used it but if it is like their floor stripper and floor finish it is JUNK.It is a low cost callback waiting to happen.

Name
Eric Valentine
This is the "how to use from the Proforcecleaners.com website:

http://www.proforcecleaners.com/view_howTo.asp?ID=4

I would pay $6.43 for a gallon at my local Sam's Club, so that is the price I used. As for the 4 oz/gallon, maybe they changed the label, but at 4 ounces/gallon, that would be way too expensive compared to a good emulsifier. The proforce might work just fine, but again, I would rather use an emulsifier that I know will do a good job.

Greenie

C&S said:
wtf.. ..the web site says 1 oz per gallon but my gallon jug here right in front of me says 4 oz per gallon..

I think it's just a bit of typical confusion, it probably makes a fine general purpose hard surface cleaner like you would wipe down your counters with at 1 oz. but for carpet prespray you can bet it'll take quite a bit more chemistry per gal of water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom