Anyone Use a Spotting machine?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Anyone use a spotting machine?

How useful are they?
which one do you have?
Is a heated spotting machine worth the extra money?
Pro?
Cons?

Thanks,
Scott

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
they are good for upholstery and for those jobs when you have a spot to take care of and ya don't want the hassle of bringing in the larger equipment.

i have a hardly used, (used her 5 times...one carpet/spot job and 4 upholstery jobs) heated Kleenrite Sphere for sale...i'll pm you the info...you're only a few hours away from me.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We have the Jon don 3 gallon porty spotter. Makes spotting jobs a breeze. Its not heated, but warm tap water does just fine when you are trying to rinse spots out. Of course if its huge, we just run a hose from the truckmount in but for small spotting jobs, detailing fringe, some spot upholstery cleaning. (suction isn't what I consider ideal for upholstery). We also use for cleaning up quick little spills around the our retail store. Or some soil off the back of the new carpet that got dragged through grease.

gary mackay

I use mine at least once a week if not more. The most common use for mine is when I missed a small area with the wand after I rolled the hose up. It pays for those red spill/stain calls too.

I have a mytee tempo I'm not in love with!

Mikey P

Administrator
if you have room on your truck then by all means get one.

They are real life savers.

I have a 6 year old Mytee Tempo that works great.

Name
John LaBarbera
gary mackay said:
I use mine at least once a week if not more. The most common use for mine is when I missed a small area with the wand after I rolled the hose up. It pays for those red spill/stain calls too.

I have a mytee tempo I'm not in love with!

Hi Gary,

What don't you like about the Tempo? How old is it? Is there anything you do like about it?

Thanks.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have one with a clear tank which is useful because I can see what is coming out of a carpet ( and photograph it ) when flushing with just clean water.
I do a lot of stain removal for Insurance Companies, moving companies, retailers and property managers and carpet Mills.

Paid for itself with the first couple of jobs, no need for a heater IMO - have a steam iron and a steamer if I need heat.

Al

We have the Sandia HEATED model, very nice to have around. We do a lot of different things with it from spot cleaning to Yaught cleaning. 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we have one.

the common one you see at Interlink distys and JD is the one I have.

I decided to buy one after dragging out hoses to clean up dog puke on a rainy weekend morning at my own home.

It paid for it's self in no time by utilizing it for uph (works dandy fine for med/light soil synthetics)
Tank is big enough to clean a whole sofa plus some.

I used it for that just yesterday as a matter of fact.
Shane with the TM and me with the bitty machine, Cut our time on the job in half with two of us cleaning...

..L.T.A.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
harryhides said:
I have one with a clear tank which is useful because I can see what is coming out of a carpet ( and photograph it ) when flushing with just clean water.
I do a lot of stain removal for Insurance Companies, moving companies, retailers and property managers and carpet Mills.

Paid for itself with the first couple of jobs, no need for a heater IMO - have a steam iron and a steamer if I need heat.

I'm doing similar to Tony. Absolutely LOVE mine and wouldn't be without it.

Don't waste money on heated units. Either fill it up with warm water or just go with cold as per stain requirements. Waste too much time waiting for heated units to get up to temperature.

If you do any amount of spotting, JUST DO IT and buy one.

My original Nobles Answer (Now Tennant) is about 10 years old, had heaps of work and I've only ever replaced the handtool once and no other maintenance costs.

John

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
thanks guys, i think that as soon as i get the extra cash im going to get one..

Scott

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Quite a few here...

Sandia-(1)

Kleenrites-(3)

Us products pb3- (2)

Cobra 200h -(4)

Of them all the most cost effective version for a a variety of itesm is probably Sandy as I call it number 1 above...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom