Apex(winter project)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Keith I broke a copper pre-heat exchanger once too. At least you didn't break the stainless one. Just curious how difficult it was for you to reassemble the machine?
I took the heat exchanger into a radiator shop for them to take a look at..

If you just take one thing at a time both taking it apart and putting it back together it's not so hard. Just take your time and remember how everything is set up..

The worst thing for me is the wiring.. This time I checked all the wires and found 1 crispy one and a bad connector. .

Reactions: daniel@procarpet

Able 1

Name
Keith
All new belts, new hardware, new low pressure hose, new air filter/fuel.. last time I replaced all of the high pressure, but I just replaced one on the high pressure side (it was a hydraulic hose) this time..

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Big hold up now is I can't get my hands on any stickers, or they cost $250 per I think I'm going to have it all hand painted. .

Here's a thought.

I tried this when I restored a motorcycle. Can you go to your local sign shop and have them duplicate the stickers? You can take pictures of another APEX, and have them duplicate them. That's what I'd do...

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
From here on out every sticker I buy will be scanned and made into a PDF file. Most places don't have the scanning ability because of the size. I went to a blueprint place that does vinyl today, they said no problem..:biggrin:. Wish Prochem would just send me there pdf's..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wand stickers don't last that long as durable as they are..
If I were to do my wand in vinyl I would put my logo on it not Prochems.. Vinyl would last a year on one of my wands..

glenboy

Name
GLEN
The PC sticker started peeling within a few weeks...on a corner....although it was rough as heck to peel off...now I. Have adhesive on the wand...I seen thaat saiger cat apply vinyl to his...it looked sweet...but how long can that possibly last

Able 1

Name
Keith
This one was a LOT of work, nothing went easy for example::madder:
mom 012.JPG

Reactions: EDS

Able 1

Name
Keith
Plumbed and wired..
truckmount 037.JPG
truckmount 038.JPG
truckmount 042.JPG

Attachments

• truckmount 039.JPG
    truckmount 039.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: EDS

Able 1

Name
Keith
Planing to run it tonight..
truckmount 044.JPG

I decided to go with these hood latches instead of putting the rattle clips back on..
truckmount 045.JPG

Attachments

• truckmount 040.JPG
    truckmount 040.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 293
  • truckmount 040.JPG
    truckmount 040.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 302
  • truckmount 044.JPG
    truckmount 044.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 272
  • truckmount 045.JPG
    truckmount 045.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: Nate The Great

Able 1

Name
Keith
I took it in I'm going to have the whole thing skinned with sheet aluminum.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Here's a thought.

I tried this when I restored a motorcycle. Can you go to your local sign shop and have them duplicate the stickers? You can take pictures of another APEX, and have them duplicate them. That's what I'd do...
I'm having all my decals duplicated by the shop that does my van. The setup costs some money, but I can replace them anytime at little cost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom