Apex(winter project)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks Dan!

It has a new alternator, and rebuilt starter.. The inside parts make me nervous(still ran great for the last guy). . I guess I might have to price it all out.. Lots of winter left it's a toss up right now. .

Reactions: dgardner

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
$3,600, is the best I have found..
Is that complete with radiator and water pump etc? Like a turn key motor or would you need to move over and replace coils, and hoses etc. imho, by the time you spend money on the head, gasket kit, bearings, you still have an old radiator water pump and coils, etc. I would buy the crate engine myself and shelf this one and rebuild it next winter :).

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
I wonder what I could get for it if I sold it as is.. I got like 5 hundred for a Kohler with 4,500 hours.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Compression is good up over 200!! I'm going to run it and see what the motor has.. He said he put a new clutch on it, I'm not an expert in clutches, but it looks fried to me..?
IMG_20150114_210450.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That is not the part that usually fails, the part of the clutch assembly that usually fails is the flex plate/contact plate as is doesn't have the original integrity to flex back out after the charge has been released from the magnet.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I need to study up on clutches.. The only clutch I have worked with was on a mini bike, and a go kart. They expand when you accelerate.. With the power going to this I thought it's where the action happens.

EDS

Name
Ed
That is exactly the same machine I have except mine has 3900 hours on it. Will be following this thread.

Able 1

Name
Keith
No real need for torque settings with this impact! I love the thing! You can tell when it is as tight as it needs to be. I do use a torque wrench when needed, but not much for the frame it's just by feel..

Reactions: dealtimeman

Able 1

Name
Keith
Big hold up now is I can't get my hands on any stickers, or they cost $250 per I think I'm going to have it all hand painted. .

Keith I broke a copper pre-heat exchanger once too. At least you didn't break the stainless one. Just curious how difficult it was for you to reassemble the machine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom