Are You A Workaholic?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
"Researchers" describe someone who works 50 hours week or more a workaholic. How many of you work that many hours, consistently. Not just spring...

Definitely am in that category but almost never straight hours, i unplug during the day and disappear for couple hours then pick back up later.

*** This year has been hot/cold as i have taken more time off in 1 year then previous 5 years put together, maybe 10. Taken tons of time off this year, no reason just felt like it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'd say that any O/O here works more than the 50 hours a week. As beside the cleaning we have to answer emails etc. that takes me about an hour a day after work. Re stocking fixing little things etc.
Does going on MB considered part of work?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ummmm yea it counts for me. Of course it's easy work! :biggrin:

I work at least 55-hours a week sometimes more, rarely less. Then I spend the rest of my day trying to forget about this place! :lol:

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
I got to stay busy!! Not just carpet cleaning or plumbing when it's my slow season for me,, but I don't over work myself,, seen to many who have and they are not able to enjoy their retirement due to health reasons,, I'm glad I can do the power nap! Kills my wife when on vacation,, if I'm not kept busy I think of the project lists I have and wasted time,, lol.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I'd say that any O/O here works more than the 50 hours a week. As beside the cleaning we have to answer emails etc. that takes me about an hour a day after work. Re stocking fixing little things etc.

It's not just owner operators that work a lot. I put in 50-55 hours a week and that's just Monday through Friday. Tack on another 8 hours or so every 3rd or 4th Saturday too.

Over the last couple of years, I have managed to sneak in a 20 minute nap here and there to help recharge the battery.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yep, saturday has always been a normal workday for me also.

Like to start super early though and finish up early, depends on jobs going on.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My wife handles most of the day to day which allows me to stay out in the field 45 or so hours a week. I spend an hour or two every morning working on business stuff so I would say 50 hours is about right.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would say most of us are work a holics. I highly doubt the local taco bell manager spends his free time away from work chatting in a fast food board/forum (if one exists) we chose this work because we like it and are good at it. while I tend to get burned out usualy 3/4ths the way through summer the rest of the year is pretty consistant and comfortable with a few crazy weeks here and there. With the exception of the occasional burnout I enjoy my job, I love the hustle, and I thank god everyday Im not stuck in a dead end job I hate. If being a workaholic is the worst thing I can be classified as its a far cry from the path I was on in my late teens and early 20's

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I definitely am and after a week or more away I feel like I'm slacking on the biz. But I force myself to take many vacations anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

steve_64

after working 40 to 60 a week most of my life because i "had to", now i do what i want to. sometimes i wish i worked more, like today, but when i do i get to hurting so bad i pray for a slow week. my elbow is just starting to heal as is my ankle. both have hurt since spring.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I'm sorry but 50 hours a week does not qualify as workaholic in my book. From my retail management days 50 hours was the minimum work week and really it was closer to 55 and that's assuming things were going well in your store at the time.

Lonny

Supportive Member
I started at noon today(yesterday technically) friggin Wursdays, and just finished. Today sucked. Most days I am on at least 10, some I still go straight through. Those 36+ hour days aren't too good on the DNA replication faculties however. I try not to work more than I need to on Sundays, the other days are just work days though. I am hoping to establish the carpet and of things enough to get out of Commercial cleaning, it's kind of a life drainer. So I guess on average 75 or so hours per week. Then there's lurking here on MB...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom