As mentioned last week, HydraMaster has a new owner

Name
Nate W.
My speculation is that the former owner(s) expected money to flow in without any investment on their part. COVID disruption lingers when you're trying to run just on profit from sales - particularly when sales are dependant on parts you can't get without some upfront investment. I haven't heard any of this from insiders, just reading between the lines of what competitors say.

Investors actually wanting to run a business understand investment, as this group's letter clearly shows. A lot of good people at HM, they'll be fine.

If I remember correctly reading you guys beta-tested a X-drive, how did that work out? I've seen one going for cheap..

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
My speculation is that the former owner(s) expected money to flow in without any investment on their part. COVID disruption lingers when you're trying to run just on profit from sales - particularly when sales are dependant on parts you can't get without some upfront investment. I haven't heard any of this from insiders, just reading between the lines of what competitors say.

Investors actually wanting to run a business understand investment, as this group's letter clearly shows. A lot of good people at HM, they'll be fine.
They need to really focus on a big machine that is comparable to the 870
Get a California compliant mid level liquid cooled machine
Focus most of their energy on the CDs and a option for the newer vans like transit that’s not an x drive

Reactions: BIG WOOD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If I remember correctly reading you guys beta-tested a X-drive, how did that work out? I've seen one going for cheap..
We had an early Beta unit that was used to dial in the control systems, so I can't say what the road ready version was like. I do know the guy assigned to it wanted us to keep it.

The transverse engine in the Transit (and maybe narrower width) doesn't allow for a simple mechanical PTO drive like the GM version. Steamway and Prochem were unsuccessful with hydraulics, which is why HM is working with electrics. At some point this may be the base for any PTO, as the current GM van will go away sometime.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We had an early Beta unit that was used to dial in the control systems, so I can't say what the road ready version was like. I do know the guy assigned to it wanted us to keep it.

The transverse engine in the Transit (and maybe narrower width) doesn't allow for a simple mechanical PTO drive like the GM version. Steamway and Prochem were unsuccessful with hydraulics, which is why HM is working with electrics. At some point this may be the base for any PTO, as the current GM van will go away sometime.
Hydraulic units just need better engineering. Hydraulics run a lot of heavy machinery without problems with proper maintenance. Larger oil reservoirs and better cooling will solve many problems.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
the oil industry has vac trucks. So does the pooper pumpers (septic tank pumpers). They can look to them for ideas.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
I remember seeing Keith Studerbaker show a truck that was hydraulic powered for a roofing or pressure washing company I think? I assume it was a Sapphire unit over a HM..

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
called hydramaster again today for information on ordering the rubber 90* hose that goes from the bottom of the blower to the salsa unit and no answer or return call

I just need to at least know what the heck it is size wise or how to replace it something

• Sad
Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
called hydramaster again today for information on ordering the rubber 90* hose that goes from the bottom of the blower to the salsa unit and no answer or return call

I just need to at least know what the heck it is size wise or how to replace it something

This one?

000-052-917 ELBOW, 3” SILICONE HI-TEMP 4 PLY

Reactions: Cleanworks

hogjowl

Idiot™
I still haven’t received the unloader rebuild kits I ordered forever ago. I think EVERYBODY is having shipping/supply problems. I wish I could figure out who to be pissed off at, so I could feel better about it all.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I still haven’t received the unloader rebuild kits I ordered forever ago. I think EVERYBODY is having shipping/supply problems. I wish I could figure out who to be pissed off at, so I could feel better about it all.
This one?

000-052-917 ELBOW, 3” SILICONE HI-TEMP 4 PLY
I think that is it but I have no idea to be honest sounds like my mechanic finally got ahold of someone and is ordering it
I REALLY want them to succeed I hope they do

FredC

Village Idiot
I think that is it but I have no idea to be honest sounds like my mechanic finally got ahold of someone and is ordering it
I REALLY want them to succeed I hope they do

well if that's it it isn't a hard part to get. In fact, you can probably pick one up at most auto or marine stores depending on the leg length needed.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
well if that's it it isn't a hard part to get. In fact, you can probably pick one up at most auto or marine stores depending on the leg length needed.
that is it today and luckily it still works fine the way it is but if it was something else I would be out a van and not have any help that would suck
also I don't want to or have the time to drive a van around looking for someone that maybe could fix it for me when I need it out working

Mikey P

Administrator

ICleanCarpet

Name
Ashleigh
I have an XDrive from Hydramaster. After a year of use the engine failed. I have now been without my machine for approximately 6 months. When I inquire about the parts I’m not given any clear time frame or date. I have lost my ability to bring in income yet I am still required to make my payments on the machine and the van it sits in. I just got a letter yesterday that if I don’t pay my past due 2 months of Mortage my house will go into foreclosure. When I reached out to hydramaster ,prior to the buyout, to ask for assistance on the matter I was told I just have to wait. Well just waiting is about to have me loose my house and leave my 2 children and me homeless.
*Single Mom in Pennsylvania

Willy P

Name
Willy P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have an XDrive from Hydramaster. After a year of use the engine failed. I have now been without my machine for approximately 6 months. When I inquire about the parts I’m not given any clear time frame or date. I have lost my ability to bring in income yet I am still required to make my payments on the machine and the van it sits in. I just got a letter yesterday that if I don’t pay my past due 2 months of Mortage my house will go into foreclosure. When I reached out to hydramaster ,prior to the buyout, to ask for assistance on the matter I was told I just have to wait. Well just waiting is about to have me loose my house and leave my 2 children and me homeless.
Is your setup still under warranty?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wouldn't be waiting, probably be hiring a lawyer.

FredC

Village Idiot
During my lunch break at the job I got so I didn't lose my house....

maybe even make enough to fix my "ability to bring in income" and sort the rest out later

inb4 "you don't know my situation"

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Is the van and x drive paid off?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom