auto fill for porty's

Scott Rogers

Why the hell does it cost 209 bucks to put a float in a porty? I can understand 220 bucks for the pump-out it actually needs a pump and a float switch. but come on a 25.00 float and a few pieces of plumbing dont add upto 209 bucks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
where are you shopping ....a large percent of the material that goes into just about every tm out there you can get at your local hardware store for much less.......................

Name
Nate W.
Scott Rogers said:
Why the hell does it cost 209 bucks to put a float in a porty? I can understand 220 bucks for the pump-out it actually needs a pump and a float switch. but come on a 25.00 float and a few pieces of plumbing dont add upto 209 bucks

Good point. For years I did the toilet tank auto fill. It works great for auto fill. It's gotten old when you run a rinse. I wanted to add a metering device to it. Anyone know a easy way to add it?

Name
Nate W.
Scott Rogers said:
here you go Nate, this injector works of faucet pressure. adds rinse chem as the porty fills

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200335637

Sweet. Now for the technical advice. If I'm running judson rinse, does it draw right out of the concentrated bottle or do I have to dilute it somehow? It's supposed to be 1oz per 5gallons of water. Is there a tip or something to use? Forgive my ignorance.

Scott Rogers

nate those injectors are adjustable for 1.5 to 4 gallons a minute. works just like a tm flow meter so you take full strength product mix into a stock solution then the stock solution is drawn into the fill tank as needed at the proper ratio. you would have to do some math or call Judson and let him do it for u. :D

G

What porty we talking about; Mytee, Trcukforce, Ninja, Cross American???

Scott Rogers

does it matter? from what i have seen on the pricing sheets they are all similar in pricing this upgrade. No reason to try and bring this question into another manufacturer battle. I want to see the justification of the additional cost for a simple upgrade.

Like i said it is very similar to the upgrade cost of the auto pump out. but the auto pump-out has a much higher material cost with the pump, switch, electrical components and plumbing. Auto fill is a 25.00 float and a few pieces of plumbing.

Greenie

only cost a dollar for your carpet soap and a dollar for your fuel to do $100 cleaning job, Mrs. Piff would like for you to justify as well.

such is the life of a BDCC.

deal with it.

something tells me Scott would view the world differently if he sold auto pump-outs for a living...lol

Scott Rogers

Actually Greenbean, I think the upgrade cost on the APO is very reasonable . especially when u factor in the cost of materials. Maybe you need to re-read the post

I am asking about the auto fill, you can buy the same float from the same cleaning supply house for under 25 bucks, and i takes about another 10 bucks or less for the plumbing. so how does this add up to a over 200.00 upgrade?

So why do these two upgrades cost the same?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Scott Rogers said:
Actually Greenbean, I think the upgrade cost on the APO is very reasonable . especially when u factor in the cost of materials. Maybe you need to re-read the post

I am asking about the auto fill, you can buy the same float from the same cleaning supply house for under 25 bucks, and i takes about another 10 bucks or less for the plumbing. so how does this add up to a over 200.00 upgrade?

So why do these two upgrades cost the same?

If your not smart enough to do it yourself then you need pay someone else who is. The smart guys charge for what is between their ears and the dumb guys have to pay for it through the nose. :lol:

Greenie

Scott, do try and understand, most of my customers look for a bit more in their purchase than a bag of bolts, so I'm not relating to the broke dick mentality here, I have noticed your comments are coming from a cost perspective, not everyone is, plus you have to consider there are levels of distribution and different pricepoints, most porty guys prefer the service of a local dealer for help here and then, that cost something as well.

I would add that some of your numbers are just plain wrong, I know for a fact that to add autofill like it is plumbed on the GG-M5 complete, cost quite a bit more than you suggest, keep in mind some folks demand more than a do it your self hole drilled in the freshy and a floatvalve installed, just like some folks demand better than Stanley or Rug Dr. when they seek out carpet cleaning.

and....to answer some earlier misinformation, a GG checkvalve jet extender has TWICE the checking pressure of the standard industry checkvalve, but it really doesn't matter, cause Uncle MeAt is dead on, high heat changes everything.

Scott Rogers

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r120 ... C02786.jpg

I bought that float valve for under 25 bucks from TCS, that picture is from the autofill on a M5 right? what additional parts are there?

As far as the check valves burning out, that is quite possible, and I stated in my post that I do fry the standard ones in 6-9 months. Unfortunately yours didnt last that long for me. I do typically run around 240 for day to day work. But i did just fry another 280 degree temp gauge cleaning a restaurant, so Im sure that does affect longevity. Still doesnt change the fact the tjets and there check valves are cheaper and work better for me.

and having twice the checking pressure does not mean it is effective at stopping low pressure dribbles.

Greenie

I don't know what you want for an answer, but i'll try....all check valves work on the same principle, a ball is loaded against a brass housing, not much to it, maybe one had harder brass than the other? And higher checking pressure, and we start to interfere with flow.

As for additional parts on my autofill, are you serious? Just look at the rest of the pics, the plumbing is there. Liek any of this conversation as much to do with the price of tea in china, the M-5 comes WITH autofill and auto pump out, you don't "add it" it's part of the killer $2500 price tag.

Scott Rogers

Greenie said:
As for additional parts on my autofill, are you serious? Just look at the rest of the pics, the plumbing is there. Liek any of this conversation as much to do with the price of tea in china, the M-5 comes WITH autofill and auto pump out, you don't "add it" it's part of the killer $2500 price tag.

First as I said above this is not related to any one porty or manufacturer. so quit be so damn defensive. And if these 2 systems are included in the m5 (as it is advertised) then you have no reason to get your panties in a wad.

from the picture i see about 4 pieces of pvc and there also has to be a few more leading out to a hose connect. so even when factoring in labor and a reasonable mark up where is the rest of the money going?

Compare this to the pump-out up grade, almost exactly the same price, the same amount of plumbing, instead of a 25.00 float you have to have a float switch that cost more, then the pump that is around 100. I can see every dolar spent on this upgrade with mark up and labor, sounds like a good deal.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

These are a few of the parts:
autofil.jpg

autofhs.jpg

The stainless steel flowmeter & 50 ft. hose with QC's, adapters are just part of the system.
About $150 in parts cost alone, without labor.

An injector will NOT work unless you have a special inlet system.

Larry

Scott Rogers

thanks Larry, thats exactly what i was looking for. makes more sense now. Do all manufacturers that u know of include the chem draw system with the auto fills?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom