Dolly

Mark................

Yes, that one is a darn good name............Patriot

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
(Bawb. Are you talkin' to me...?)

I'm leaning toward a name that has a connotation of "two", "double", etc.

Scott

Duane Oxley said:
Them thar's fitin' words...

(But seriously... It's actually just weeks away at this point...)

"Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:43 pm Post subject: Baby Pictures..."

C'mon Duane, the masses are hungry. You can only tease for a certain time. We're going on almost 5 months now.

BTW I do like your "new" name better, but it still doesn't establish a picture in my mind. Something to think about for future releases.

Scott

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Here, I've got a name I've never heard- "Renegade".

Hey Duane- My Brother in law lives (?) in the Country Club of the South. If I ever make it down there, I might have to visit you.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Doug:

Please do.

Hi, Scott:

If you'll check, you'll find that I've been pretty quiet in recent months about this. It's only now that I'm speaking more about it. There's a reason for that. It's almost here in the flesh.

Believe me, as soon as the first one's built, I'll post pictures of it and go into some explanation about how it works....

There was one "snag" in the design... the exchanger that I did the patent on. The concept for it is simple. But getting it located on the system frame and connected to the parts it connects to, took a bit more planning.

My drawings have been at a friend of mine's for a week now. He's proficient in AutoCad and is programming them in, to be sure that there are 1.) No conflicts with placement of connections (some are pretty close tolerance). and 2.) That there are no mistakes in it that the fabricator gets tripped up on. (That causes delays and extra costs that never come at a convenient time or in a simple way, it seems.)

Right now, the frames are underway for the first 2 prototype systems. As soon as I know to my satisfaction that there are no problems in the drawings, they (the drawings for the exchangers and connecting plumbing) go to the fabricator. (That should be this coming week, BTW...) It takes 3 to 4 weeks as a rule, on a first- run. But with me supplying double- checked drawings that they can just "insert the files for" into their system, it should actually be quicker than typical.

Here's a "reveal" about the systems... All exchangers are removable and cleanable. (That's one claim of the patent... There are 4.) If they get sooted, scaled or clogged, you can take them out and clean them. The system is set up to be able to remove either of them in less than 10 minutes. (My philosophy has always been that systems have to be easy to work on. I look at them as if I will be doing the work, and I want my job to be as easy as possible.)

Maximum "hot" operating pressure is 2,000 PSI.

The blower exchanger exhaust should be "cool", actually, because it is so efficient. (This is theoretical, but I'm as sure as I can be about this...)

When the system is running and the wand is keyed, the exhaust exchanger actually feels cool to the touch... until the trigger is released. (I know this from testing it personally...)

The system frames are all 20 inches wide, 18 inches tall and 57 inches long.

These systems really are, "revolutionary", in design. You'll see very soon.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mr. Strickland...

I do apologize for building such suspense and anticipation related to this system and the venture that produces it. Far be it from me to do such a thing intentionally, whipping your anticipation up like the proverbial "Pavlovian dog" when the dinner bell rings...

Not...!

:twisted:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
But seriously... the idea of "Prometheus" for a name came from the idea for a "God of Fire", so to speak.

The problem was that few people "got it"...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom