Barn wood flooring

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We got a call from a customer today to clean a restaurant that has old weathered barn wood for flooring. According to the restaurant owner, it is glued down.

Any thought about how to clean it?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Those are very pourous floors.

I would use my Powrflite CAS16 or the Dirt Draggon to clean it.

Applying a protective coating is gonna be tricky cuz you don't want pools of finish inside the cracks/crevices. So, lightly mist your protective coating using a pump sprayer and microfiber wax applicator pad.

Also, Dirt Draggon has a nice selection of protective coatings and cleaners for you to choose from.

I would provide the link for you but I'm using my smartphone and don't know the url off the top of my head.

Mikey P

Administrator
What George said.

If Ken does not have a walk behind unit (there is a really good joke there Brian but I'm feeling nice this AM) than spray your wood floor cleaner down maybe 50 feet at a time scrub with a white/tan pad and extract with a hard surface wand

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I changed my mind.

Cleaned and coated a wood floor yesterday and decided the Powr-flyte was way too slow and didn't do a very good job.

So, I dry stripped it with the square Scub and rinsed with a spinner set about 275psi.

Mikeys suggestion of cleaning with a tan or white pad and rinsing w a hard surface tool sounds like a good way to go.

jaminfaxo

Reclaimed wood is popular as barn wood flooring, siding, paneling, cabinet lumber, and furniture. It is a comforting thought that your new home decor is not costing the lives of new trees. With reclaimed wood furnishing, you save the forests and keep them green while redecorating your house with splendid quality wood.

Mikey P

Administrator
There is a darn good chance that barn got wet once in a while.

Safe to assume the wood handle five minutes of wetness with out crumbling apart.

radkins

We ended up pile lifting it, pre treating with a wood cleaner, hot water extraction at 150psi and speed drying it. It came out great.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no finish?
no biggies....since it's a barn floor, guess no one would notice or even care if water raised the grain
cause it's SUPPOSED to look like sheeit when brand new :lol:

It works in some com establishments like Longhorn or the Boot Scootin' Saloon and Grill

But I don't understand the whole "distressed" look thing in general

brand new ripped and pre-filth'd jeans for the kids
beat to hell , burnt 'n gouged , nail hole'd new floors for Mom
dad spends time looking in mirror admiring his 3 day beard stubble with a jar of dippity-doo to MAKE his hair look like a disheveled mess...

what the f..... :roll:

..l.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm with ya Larry. Never could figure out that messed up hair look. We called it bed head. I think it's a sign of the lazy generation.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Larry you be showin your age dude talkin bout dippity doo, made me feel old too cause I remember it. Your description is pretty much spot on for today's family. I wouldn't have worn jeans with holes for nothing and got to comb the doo to look appropriate.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
KevinL said:
I think it's a sign of the lazy generation.

not sure of that, Kev
cause they WORK on looking like sheeit :lol:

Larry you be showin your age dude talkin bout dippity doo, made me feel old too cause I remember it.

I was gonna say Brill Cream "just a little dab 'll do ya" :lol:

School pic day in the '60s meant Mom was gOOping the chit out of my cow lick :lol:
GAWD I hated that stuff

..L.T.A.

hennryreal

If you ask me Hagopian Services should be reported to the BBB for undertaking this project with zero experience.

A Owner Op like myself would have shown more morals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom