basic accounting software?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am looking for an expensive basic accounting software, I have been using spreadsheets but I would like something a little easier to use and better at tracking things, any ideas

hogjowl

Idiot™
Somebody is going to come on this thread at some point and tell you that his accountant told him Quick Books was the worst software you can use in your business, but let me tell you my take on the matter.

It was my accountant who came to me and told me to either purchase Quick Books and get my bookkeeping in order, or find myself another accountant. You see, I was manually keeping my books at the time.

Quick Books is a darn good program, easy to learn, and I wish I had bought it 20 years ago.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Quickbooks!
I worked with Peachtree for 4-5 years and switched to Quickbooks a couple of years ago.

Quickboooks is a lot easier to use, makes better reports and you can search the system for checks, invoices, bills quickly.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, that pretty much seals the deal for you. When a redneck and an illegal immigrant agree on Quick Books, you know it's going to be a great choice!

Or ... may be not so much ... :?

Tahoesteve

Quickbooks Simple Start...$30 bucks...you can upgrade to the pro version later when you get big :lol:

Scott

admiralclean said:
Somebody is going to come on this thread at some point and tell you that his accountant told him Quick Books was the worst software you can use in your business, but let me tell you my take on the matter.

I would be that guy, and actually it was my EX-accountant. If I could have a do-over, and knew way back in 1995 when I was looking for an accounting solution that Quickbooks would become the standard, I would've opted for it.

But I had an accountant who said QB is too easy to screw up (and he's right, if you go back and change things w/o knowing what you're doing) and advised that we get Peachtree.

Now, a full 12 yrs after first choosing Peachtree, I wish that I chose QB. Unlike Peachtree, QB syncs with hundreds of programs and Lord knows how many financial websites. I just got Quicken 2008 Home and Business for home and investment use and it doesn't do nearly as much as QB, yet kicks Peachtree's butt with bank and 3rd party integration and reporting.

Go with QB Pro. It's the standard and everyone who is anyone in the financial world uses it. You may want to hire a QB consultant to help set it up since set up is the most critical part of the system. There should be a list of QB consultants in the manual and definitely on their website.

Scott

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know if this is standard, but my accounting company has a trained Quick Books consultant on staff. I just bet, if you use a larger accounting firm, they will too.

I go to my accountant when the time comes and she inserts a thing-a-ma-hicky in my do-ma-hicky on my lap top and does everything from her computer.

It sure beats all the phone calls I used to get from her bitching about the mistakes of my manual system.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My accountant was just recommending Simply Accounting. Right now, he is my software! I use the envelope system and that great four letter word... HERE!

I tried QB, thats why my accountant does everything now. Mistral looks after my invoicing and income, I just print out income reports, put all my receipts in an envelop and go "HERE, have fun!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom