Battle of the centrifuges !!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
I caught Randy Hyde dry humping a centrifuge when he thought all eyes were on Jeff Bishop.

FYI, I was totally using KY jelly … speaking of Bishop is that him in drag next to me ..... :shock:

Mikey P said:
the Rug Fag hand out of choice was behind the Monahan's Centrifuge..
Hyde was all hot and bothered over it..
Tom & Greg where a little more tolerable for me besides they were the only ones with something new to show off
189325527_photobucket_3044_.jpg

The guy I’m talking with is Robert Mann as far as rug cleaners go he's probably the most successful rug cleaner that started a business from scratch. We have similar opinions of the wash tub and centrifuges; the wash tub is a neat tool but as a standalone wash system I would pull the rugs out and wash/ flush them on the floor before the centrifuge. Space seems to be an issue with established wash plants specifically where to put a centrifuge IMO… Put wheels on the centrifuge to move would help the second barrier is price even for those with deep pockets. I really like the Centrum duster it looks well built and it’s quiet for a duster and no one else is making one I also I think they make the best drying rack. As for Badger.. it was the same as last year except the little white bucket Clark “engineered” to put in front of the centrifuge cuz water spilled out the front when he ran a rug through it …anyone have a pic/ video of that?

IMO…only one rug washing equipment manufacturer can survive I don’t know who it will be but I’m giving this round to Centrum. While I don’t particularly favor their wash tub it is a complete system for those seeking to enter the “lucrative” world of piss soaked rugs. They certainly have a good reputation most importantly, with those that own Centrum equipment.

DavidVB

Randy, you used to talk about cross contamination with the wash tub. Do you still see that as a problem? George Bell went over to look a the wash tub and was told you can put everything in the tub together including bleeders and urine rugs.

I saw the bucket also. Clark didn't seal the joint between the face panel of the machine and the outer cylinder. That problem is fixed with a little tube of silicone. On the other hand, the Centrum Force centrifuge is built out of painted steel and you could feel the floor vibrate across the room whenever it was turned on.

I'll take the stainless steel and buy a tube of silicone.

I sure enjoyed spending 4 days with Clark, Paul Lucas, Nathan Koets, George Bell, Jeff Bishop, John Braun, Steve Roberts and others who were there helping at Clark's area.

I also noticed the phrase "Helping You Get the Most Out of Rugs" on the Centrum Force equipment and that it is trademarked. Can you change 2 letters in a USP and trademark it? I also noticed the use of "Rug Warriors" in the Connections program by Centrum Force. Isn't that Lisa Wagner's slogan?

It was good to see that Centrum Force now has added wheels to their Rug Racks like Clark offered and also now have the ladder system to help raise rugs to the top that Clark designed. When I looked at their equipment a couple years ago and asked about the ladder system, I was told it wasn't needed.

It was my first trip to Vegas and Connections. I look forward to going back.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
Randy, you used to talk about cross contamination with the wash tub. Do you still see that as a problem? George Bell went over to look the wash tub and was told you can put everything in the tub together including bleeders and urine rugs.

Yes, I have concerns with urine rugs specifically using it as a standalone wash system and mingling dirty rugs together that hasn’t changed .My real Point is, Centrum’s providing a full wash system the only one in the market and that’s attractive to many.

DavidVB said:
I saw the bucket also. Clark didn't seal the joint between the face panel of the machine and the outer cylinder. That problem is fixed with a little tube of silicone. On the other hand, the Centrum Force centrifuge is built out of painted steel and you could feel the floor vibrate across the room whenever it was turned on. I'll take the stainless steel and buy a tube of silicone.
I thought it was a poor showing 40-50 K to have to stick a bucket in front of the thing… by the way Ron’s court case Vs. dusty & Clark starts this month in Vancouver BC. I didn’t see any problems with the Centrum machine? Regardless there are other centrifuge manufacturers in the marketplace and a 13 ft machine can be had for 12K there’s nothing compelling for me personally at 40+K

DavidVB said:
I sure enjoyed spending 4 days with Clark, Paul Lucas, Nathan Koets, George Bell, Jeff Bishop, John Braun, Steve Roberts and others who were there helping at Clark's area. I also noticed the phrase "Helping You Get the Most Out of Rugs" on the Centrum Force equipment and that it is trademarked. Can you change 2 letters in a USP and trademark it? I also noticed the use of "Rug Warriors" in the Connections program by Centrum Force. Isn't that Lisa Wagner's slogan?
And neither company invented the centrifuge, drying racks, wash tub or portable duster. Frankly, I’m not going to put either company on a higher moral ground there’s an old saying if you lay with dogs rise with fleas… I asked Steve Roberts about (see link below) his answer was to delete me as a friend on facebook. There’s plenty of mudslinging that can be done …so?

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/dec ... 250002.htm

DavidVB

Randy,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. When you came by, was George Bell's video running. It was there Thursday and Friday. The video shows how he integrated the centrifuge into his layout. He has things set up so one person can clean most rugs using the centrifuge.

You have referred to the 12,000.00 centrifuge before. Can you post a link? Is it made from stainless? I may want a longer unit in the future.

I think most guys who have been around a little while and are interested in rug cleaning knows that neither group invented any of this equipment. Unless there is a patent on something, no one can prevent copying. My question was about trademarking a USP. Can someone change a USP by going from "More" to "Most" and then trademark it? I thought some originality was needed. Just curious.

I have no first hand or eye witness experience with the legal dispute, so I don't involve myself the matter, especially not on a public forum. There is another saying about getting involved in other peoples disputes. It likens it to grabbing hold of the ears of a dog. What will happen when you try to let go?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
I have no first hand or eye witness experience with the legal dispute, so I don't involve myself the matter, especially not on a public forum.

Apparently you do or you wouldn't bring up trademarking & USP issue would you ?

DavidVB

Is there a legal case on the USP and trademark issue? The legal matter I was talking about is the one you like to bring up whenever you get the chance between Ron and Dusty.

How about answering the other question you should know something about. Where can I find the 12,000.00 centrifuge?

Does anyone else out there know about trademark requirements?

Name
Danny Strickland
did Shawn Forsythe's Dad and Randy Hydes' Mom have a one nighter in Vegas years ago??? them two boys could commit crimes in each others city and blame the other for it!!! :shock:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
Is there a legal case on the USP and trademark issue? The legal matter I was talking about is the one you like to bring up whenever you get the chance between Ron and Dusty.

How about answering the other question you should know something about. Where can I find the 12,000.00 centrifuge?

isn't a trademark a legal mater ? :roll: :lol:

As for the centrifuge yes all of them are stainless, you can have one in galvanized or painted steel for much less ... but you didn't say the magic word now did you :cry: besides that you should be happy with what Clark has provided and i'm sure he can build you a larger machine in the future i'll give you a hint...ask Clark where he came up with the bearing, door design and the shock absorbing system for his centrifuge.

Preacher said:
did Shawn Forsythe's Dad and Randy Hydes' Mom have a one nighter in Vegas years ago??? them two boys could commit crimes in each others city and blame the other for it!!! :shock:

what are you babbling about Danny?

DavidVB

You are the one who brought up the court case so you should be able to figure out what legal matter is being referred to.

Are you going to provide the link to the 12,000.00 centrifuge? I love my centrifuge from Clark, but if I can buy the next one for 12,000.00 I want to know where, especially now that I know it is stainless and that I can even get it cheaper if I want painted steel.

Don't tell me you are talking about this company. http://www.gar-mak.com/ If so, tell us something we don't all already know.

As to my not using the magic word, I didn't realize that you are the Emily Post of rug cleaners. I can't wait for more training from you on the social graces.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
If you think you know who's making affordable centrifuges then why did you bother asking?

If anyone is going to run out and spend big money on equipment I suggest they dig deep and get information about that product and it's maker weather it's rug related or not don't you...? would you buy a car without looking at performance & consumer reviews are you suggesting any negative information or pending court cases should be hidden from consumers? Fact is legal proceedings for Ron's case start this month theres in nothing slanderous about this its factual information.

Now back to the original point of this thread. centrum had more goodies for rug cleaners, their centrifuge didn't leak out the front and the only one to sell what amounts to a full wash setup and while it doesn't particularly appeal to me for reason i think i covered in my first post it's a far better setup than a 175 and glided wand for cleaning rugs. Point is, they seemed to have their shit together at the centrum booth.

your good friend :p

Randy

DavidVB

You are the one who brings up the 12,000.00 centrifuge as though it is comparable. I asked because I wanted to know who you are talking about. If you are comparing what is made in this country to what is made in Turkey, no wonder you didn't want to be specific.

I totally agree that someone should research a major decision. Are you suggesting that I am suggesting court cases should be hidden? Do you enjoy making stuff up to comment on?

Now back to the original point of this thread. You say that spending 40,000 for a centrifuge is a problem even for those with deep pockets. Then you speak positively about Centrum being the only one to sell a full wash set up. So lets add a 40,000.00 duster to the 48,000.00 centrifuge and then a 36,000.00 wash tub that you say should only serve as a soaking tank, (how about a horse trough and a sump pump). If a cleaner with deep pockets has a problem buying a centrifuge, who will be spending 135,000.00 for this complete set up.

I'll still take my tube of silicone and the opportunity to learn to wash properly on a wash floor from experienced rug washers. It really is OK that we disagree. The problem is it involves too much wasted time.

Later

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
You are the one who brings up the 12,000.00 centrifuge as though it is comparable. I asked because I wanted to know who you are talking about. If you are comparing what is made in this country to what is made in Turkey, no wonder you didn't want to be specific.

It is comparable …besides there are at least 15 different centrifuge manufacturers in the world where do you think Clark copied his design and Centrum for that matter? most guys simply don't realize there are other options at much better price points.

DavidVB said:
I totally agree that someone should research a major decision. Are you suggesting that I am suggesting court cases should be hidden? Do you enjoy making stuff up to comment on?
whatever...I didn’t make anything up I asked you a question? This isn’t a private person to person issue it’s a business transaction.

DavidVB said:
You say that spending 40,000 for a centrifuge is a problem even for those with deep pockets. Then you speak positively about Centrum being the only one to sell a full wash set up. So lets add a 40,000.00 duster to the 48,000.00 centrifuge and then a 36,000.00 wash tub that you say should only serve as a soaking tank, (how about a horse trough and a sump pump). If a cleaner with deep pockets has a problem buying a centrifuge, who will be spending 135,000.00 for this complete set up.
Yep, and that seems to be the case. I’ve had several well established people tell me this the guy in the photo Robert mann said it and Bryan Ohaleck didn’t see a pressing need, Ken Snow had an opportunity to test one of Clark’s centrifuges and unless things changed he declined that offer. I’m sure there’s another guy around with a 2 car garage scratch that, a 3 car with the duster is that a large lucrative market?..i don’t really think so. Larger companies seeking to expand their income streams into rugs will seek out with what amounts to a turnkey system and they will spend 135K to do it and Centrum provides training. Badger…?

DavidVB said:
I'll still take my tube of silicone and the opportunity to learn to wash properly on a wash floor from experienced rug washers.
Silicone, Don’t you mean drill bit ? I heard you had to drill extra holes in the basket of your machine so water wouldn’t leak out the front or is that another made up thing ….ironic Eh?

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you rug fags get all verklempt when you can't get a piss stain out?

both Dusty and Monahan are crooked carnival barkers so Randy you go get your cotton candy and Van Briggles, you get your deep fried dill pickle and go pet the 4H goats together already.

DavidVB

You are a hoot. Who said I had to drill holes in the front of my machine to keep water from leaking out? Since when do you drill a hole to keep something from leaking?

You must be the king of rumors and talking about things you know nothing about. Stick to rug ID.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
both Dusty and Monahan are crooked carnival barkers .

No real disagreement there Mikey but who do you think had better content and put on a better show at connections ..which was the point of the first post.

David, i didn't say front of your machine i said basket of your machine i can draw a diagram if you need it? So i'm asking is it true or not a simple yes or no will suffice or feel free to explain the circumstances your choice, i'm all ears!

DavidVB

I guess you are going to have to start drawing. I don't have a basket on my machine nor do I know why I would. And you will still have to explain how drilling a hole keeps something from leaking.

Though this playing around is so much fun, I'll be direct. I never drilled any holes anywhere in my machine to prevent any leak anywhere on the machine. What nonsense. In the interest of full disclosure, I did spend 5 minutes finding my silicone and sealing the front joint. I also spent about 30 minutes adjusting the leveling feet of my machine so water didn't pool up at the front.

As to content at Connections, I was there in the rug area all three days. At Clark's display there was Nathan Koets, Paul Lucas, George Bell and Jeff Bishop there teaching and actually cleaning rugs. It's good to know that some apparently preferred guys in suits giving speeches at a podium.

If anyone other than Mike is bothering to read this there is one thing Randy has said I can definitely agree with. If you are interested in rug cleaning, take the time to "dig deep and get information about that product and it's maker" and I will add be careful who you listen to. There are a lot of great rug people to learn from. Most of them don't waste time playing around on forums. Search them out.

Ron K

DavidVB said:
s I'll be direct. I never drilled any holes anywhere in my machine to prevent any leak anywhere on the machine. .

Dave you have a very short memory, after receiving your machine we spoke and you told me that you had water pooling up in the front of your machine and that you had drilled some holes in the SS Tube to get rid of it you also stated at that time you were having problems getting rugs clean and were pulling rugs in and out of your machine,
spinning after wash then taking them out to rinse then spinning them again You also said to me that you did not think there were enough hole in the tube and that other manufacturers had more holes in their tubes.

You also said you were going to buy My machine and I gave you my phone number you never called. Don't bother now.
But it's easy to take back what you said or deny it completely, so while you have "FUN" with this I'll make money.

DavidVB

Ah, the partner in grime appears. :lol:

I wasn't even going to contribute to this anymore until I saw that while only 4 people are in this thread, over 300 have looked at it. My apologies for giving this thread life. For some reason, I break out against my better judgment about once a year.

I understand memory problems after more than a year goes by. Usually though, the problem affects more than just one person.

The pooling of water in the front was due to the machine needing to be leveled. I sloped it a little to the back and thought about putting a drain hole in the rear, but have never done so as it is not needed. So the answer is that I have never drilled a hole in the centrifuge to keep it from leaking. Next time I have a plumbing leak though, I will remember to drill a hole somewhere to fix it. :roll:

As to the cleaning comments, your memory of that conversation reflects your current situation and like you I have better things to do.

Where did I say I was going to buy your machine. I was interested in how much a paper weight that is still owned by a leasing company would sell for. If you were serious and the price reflected that it was just a paper weight, who knows.

I don't like to think that anyone is lying. Memories are often affected by viewpoints

You guys enjoy one another. I wish you well.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Somehow both manufacturers managed to co-exist without getting too chippy with each other, a good sign.

Worth doing some homework before you buy, so you might call Randy and check out his source. Just remember to add shipping, duties, electrical conversion and anything else that would come as part of a package from a local company, and make doubly sure that you are comparing similar machines. Some of the Euro machines are sold as being "for occasional use" and are much lighter-duty and smaller than others.

Ron K

Partner in Grime? At least I'm not in the #4 Chair at the Dutch Ruddering Olympics.

Stay thirsty my Friend!

Mikey P

Administrator
I think I'll go through this thread and substitute Aero Tech and Vortex for Badger and Centrum and I'll take Randy's part and Rampage can have Davids.

Just for old times sake..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
The pooling of water in the front was due to the machine needing to be leveled. I sloped it a little to the back and thought about putting a drain hole in the rear, but have never done so as it is not needed. So the answer is that I have never drilled a hole in the centrifuge to keep it from leaking.

So, you though about drilling it and talked about it to at least one other person to Got it! Basically you BS everyone here for several posts instead of answering the fooking question knowing fully well what I was referring too and rambled on like you never heard such rumors & made up nonsense . You hung out at the badger both all three days well that shows!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
This Thread needs updated Ron K and Hyde..

So if you don't mind disclosing some information... how has Ron's court case gone?

Some of us want to know.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
it was settled just prior arbitration. Ron can't disclose $ amounts once the agreed he couldn't even tell me, the last offer I heard was in the high 30K range.

what a cluster Foooook!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
DavidVB said:
Randy, you used to talk about cross contamination with the wash tub. Do you still see that as a problem? George Bell went over to look a the wash tub and was told you can put everything in the tub together including bleeders and urine rugs.

I saw the bucket also. Clark didn't seal the joint between the face panel of the machine and the outer cylinder. That problem is fixed with a little tube of silicone. On the other hand, the Centrum Force centrifuge is built out of painted steel and you could feel the floor vibrate across the room whenever it was turned on.

I'll take the stainless steel and buy a tube of silicone.

I sure enjoyed spending 4 days with Clark, Paul Lucas, Nathan Koets, George Bell, Jeff Bishop, John Braun, Steve Roberts and others who were there helping at Clark's area.

I also noticed the phrase "Helping You Get the Most Out of Rugs" on the Centrum Force equipment and that it is trademarked. Can you change 2 letters in a USP and trademark it? I also noticed the use of "Rug Warriors" in the Connections program by Centrum Force. Isn't that Lisa Wagner's slogan?

It was good to see that Centrum Force now has added wheels to their Rug Racks like Clark offered and also now have the ladder system to help raise rugs to the top that Clark designed. When I looked at their equipment a couple years ago and asked about the ladder system, I was told it wasn't needed.

It was my first trip to Vegas and Connections. I look forward to going back.

Yeah - they is a bit of a tendency to borrow from others and then try to say it's theirs.

Such is the character of a parasite rather than a producer.

Might not be a big thing, but there's a saying that there is "never just one cockroach" - so if you are short changing or dishonest in one area, well... might expect the same elsewhere.

But what do I know... I stopped paying attention pretty much as soon as I heard Jeff Bishop - then I knew it was not worth the time.

Hugs,
Lisa =)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ken Snow said:
Too funny Lisa- I couldn't even go over in that area, except to say hi to the Butler folks.

'Tis the season! =)

Hey Ken - have a very Merry Christmas.

Maybe in the new year we will get another half dozen "rug gurus" and then maybe you and I can actually "learn" something to help our businesses. =) If Jeff Bishop can come out saying he's a rug expert, then my friend, anyone can.

There may be hope for us yet... and since we actually have REAL rug plants, that might give us an edge on being successful some day - LOL. Maybe these guys who don't actually have big successful rug cleaning businesses know the "secrets" to making it work... kinda like the MBA Professors who have never run a real business who try to teach you how to do it right.

Lisa

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Since I resurrected this.. and to my knowledge I haven't read this anywhere else to answer this exact question.

Lisa, Ken, Hyde and any Oz. Ron K and David VB can chime in as well.

I think it would be fun to hear.eerrr read what your idea of how a new rug cleaning business would evolve on a physical level.

It seems most of you would agree that low initial investment in equipment and good training are step one. But lets hear what you think the next logical steps would be from there as the volume of rugs would increase. Assume the Marketing plans are in place and working and the volume of rugs will continue to increasse as much as you want. You can express the need to raise prices to stop volume growth in Lisa's plants case. Each of you will have a different opinion. But get specific on how you would build and expand your physical wash plant. From a small building or garage pit to a full wash floor, to centifuges to wringers. to fully automated washing equipment. And express how many rugs you would need to be cleaning to justify the purchase of the equipment. Ie the time savings vs. the labor investment. I think alot of new ruggies jump on equipment band wagon and never access how many rugs they need to be cleaning to justify a piece of equipment.

I can move this to a nother thread if need be as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom