be careful dropping hoses..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Took out a mammoth basketball goal the first week of my box truck. My tech hit a house and crushed the gutter. Recently he broke the tile stoop at a commercial job. The face had been broken for years but when he set the vario on it it crushed the top. I told them and they said no problem we have the tile and will fix it. When the check came they deducted the repair from the amount owed.

Gene

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
It's not that we don't recognize sarcasm, or asshole-ism around here. This place is full of it.

It's just that we don't normally see it from new guys.

We'll know to duck the next time you appear.
You might be a premium pig but I'm a premium smart ass..... I really do love smart ass...ism.

Reactions: Brian H and Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
any creamation urns we can laugh at.......

WHADDAYAKNOW......less than two weeks ago I caught one as a small china cabinet got bumped a bit. It was falling off and I caught it before it hit anything. I had to look in there...and yes there was a fair amount of ash sitting in there. So I said "hi Mr. *********" and put it back upright.

I wasn't amused at the time. They have two identical urns and both had ashes in them. (I had to check the other one too)

Bjorn

caught a lamp cord with the rx20 before I could let off the trigger it pulled the lamp right off the desk and smash. No one was home I went to Lowes and bought a new lamp no one ever knew I broke anything.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
My tech knocked over a lamp a few months ago and the cloth shade ripped. Customer said it was a $58 shade so she said we could deduct it from the bill and that's what we did. We then get a call a week later with a referral customer from her. I failed to secure a storm door last year on a windy day with a bungee cord like I always did and the wind took the door off the and when it hit the rail the glass shattered $16 fix.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i see this board is chock full of bumblin' idiots......
when ya can beat a dED old woman get back wit us...........

hogjowl

Idiot™
caught a lamp cord with the rx20 before I could let off the trigger it pulled the lamp right off the desk and smash. No one was home I went to Lowes and bought a new lamp no one ever knew I broke anything.

I broke a globe on a light fixture once and went to Walmart and found one just like it. Lady never knew it.

I also chipped a sea shell on a sea shell covered lamp once. Lady said it cost her $250. I told my wife about it and she told me not to pay it. Next day she came in with the exact lamp that she got for $35.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bounced my rx 20 into a mirrored closet window tried to make it stretch hose tightened up and pulled it right into the glass and crack, bought him a double closet mirror set form home depot $100.00 customer installed. Been back 2x since.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Thankfully the worst that's happened to us so far is having to replace some baseboards after a tile job and they swelled up slightly as the MDF board became popular and nobody seems to grout or caulk them in either

Able 1

Name
Keith
My Brother is 6'5"..

Twins?
upload_2014-10-22_23-19-19.jpeg

Reactions: sweendogg

hydracat

I do some maintenance for my pm's. Can u screw this shower door handle on for me? SHATTER!! I just called a glass company. Just let them do it right and keep your 20% happy. ( 80/20 ) rule. 80 % of your work comes from 20% of your customers.

Lars

Name
Lars
There is another company out here that had their machine catch on fire in the van and touch the front part of the customers house...
That customer doesn't use them anymore...

steve_64

i put a buffer through a wall back in my chem dry days. carpet pulled loose in a hallway and sent the buffer into the wall.

i told the boss/owner we shouldnt try to clean it but he was greedy and insisted.

i had to teach him how to repair drywall that day.

ive had helpers catch lamps and pictures multiple times but cant remember breaking anything lately.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Backed into a foam planter by the driveway entrance steps while arriving at the job. Turned it over to insurance after finding out the lady claimed her entire front planters were a series of matched foam planters. She also claimed I chipped the corner brick on her house which I know I didn't even touch with the bumper, and she lost her flowers transplanting them, so they had to be replaced. Total claim was $1400. To boot, she has never called us again since that happened (5 years ago), and I was there to look at a spot that she caused by using bleach to get Fido's doodoo out of her BR carpet.

Had another woman claim I sliced the top back of her couch back cushions open while I was cleaning it (1' long cut). I explained to her there was nothing on my uph tool that would cause that, but the couch had recently been moved by a moving company who had wrapped it in plastic, which they cut off with a razor the day before I came to clean it. I tried to explain that to her, but she claimed I caused it. Than she called me back in a few days claiming we also damaged her chair that we cleaned, although it was clear to me she marked on it with a Sharpie permanent marker (line about 5" long). Needless to say, It would not come out. This was a very old, but not an expensive chair that her dog used for a resting place. I tured it over to my insurance company who inspected it and they offered her $600. She refused their offer saying it was an rare antique (:icon_question:). She wanted more than $600, so since I would not comply, she told me she was going to ruin me with Angie's list. I told her to do what she had to do.

Used to do work for a local attorney (hot shot DUI attorney, well known) and wife. I had been cleaning for them for 2 decades, and she was always very pleased with our service. One Saturday she called me in a panic, that there were some stains on her carpet and she was going to have a party that night and needed help. I knew that her twin sister would often do cleaning for her, and found out her sister had attempted to get the area clean that morning, to no avail. I showed up and tried to get it out, using nothing severe, but noticed color loss (probably bleach), so even spot dyeing would not fix it. I explained that to customer, but in 3 days I get an "attorney" letter saying I caused the problem and needed to respond ASAP to replace the entire carpet. Even though I can do inserts, I paid a local carpet store to do the inserts. Cost us $250 out of pocket.

There are a couple more but this is enough for now. 29 years in the biz - not really too bad, eh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom