Belt Change in 2 1/2 Hours.....

R

R W

Well, after 2200 hours on the Genesis 59, and one belt adjustment, I had to replace them last night. While I was cleaning yesterday, I had run out to the truck to grab some spotter, and noticed an unGodly sound coming from the Genny. The middle of 3 belts had let go, and just a few strands were left on the pulley. Fortuneatly, the other two belts held up for the remainder of the job.

Changing the Genesis belts isn't that hard, but when mounted in a 3/4 ton van, there ain't much room to get back at the blower!! While I was at it, I changed the pump and pumpout belts, too. All in all, it was a simple, but slow job. Jumping into and out of the van to get the right wrenches was a PITA!!

I wish they had a way to direct drive the Genny.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Been there, done that. You have to pull the recovery tank to do it RW? I did. You might as well replace them all considering you have to remove all the belts to replace the APO and pump belts.

R

R W

Hey, Doug....I was about to pull the waste tank, but I managed to get to all the bolts without pulling. It took some "contorting", but I was able to wiggle behind the machine and get to everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom