Berber spots

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been fighting issues with spots resurfacing in olefin Berbers. Even when I throw everything at them: (waterclaw, post pad and encap). Customers still tell me the spots are back after about three months. I ordered some HWE encap detergent from excellent supply. If that doesn’t work what else can I do?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Re: Berber

Clean as dry as possible. Don't allow solutions to reach backing. Force-dry with blowers/ Airpath.

hogjowl

Idiot™

You aren't planting the seed of future "problems" in them by running your big mouth during the first cleaning, are you?

When we try and be a chemist/cleaning doctor, and talk to much, our words can come back to haunt us.

I spray and extract berbers and never have wick-back issues.

And I don't post pad or encap clean.

And, I never mention the spots possibly coming back ... in relation to me or the previous cleaners she's used before me.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Yes, I always try to post pad berbers. I am getting ready to do the second re-service for a customer that called back after three months from the first cleaning. Most of the spots are urine. The first time I OSRed and spot clawed, presprayed, extracted and post padded. The second time I encaped with GLS machine. I am going to try giving the spots another extraction running ES’s punch throw the metering.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

admiralclean said:
You aren't planting the seed of future "problems" in them by running your big mouth during the first cleaning, are you?

When we try and be a chemist/cleaning doctor, and talk to much, our words can come back to haunt us.

I spray and extract berbers and never have wick-back issues.

And I don't post pad or encap clean.

And, I never mention the spots possibly coming back ... in relation to me or the previous cleaners she's used before me.

HAHAHA That's funny you telling someone else not to run their big mouth :lol:

She asked me if the spot would come back and if I would come back out. I told her just give me a call if they do, Im just down the road. I know they are not new spots. They are in the same place and they got rid of the dog before I cleaned. The spots that came back are lite and it has been 3mo. I'm just asking what else could I have done in this case.

spots are resurfacing after 3 mos, sound like resoiling issue simply reclean, force dry, and apply ARA that should take care of this problem.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

ARA is a great product from Pros Choice, and has served me well when I've used it. Be sure you're flushing well and removing and residue from the spot.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Are you sure the dog isn't going PP on the carpet in the same spot?

Name
Ron lippold

i wish the whole world was covered in berber 24 flow 700 psi and dry in 20 min what more could a guy ask for.

duckster

This is my true personal experience. White berber was the palette. Same spots every 3 months or less. Switched to bonnet and spots are gone. The truth is the truth and I stand by it. I am not saying bonnet cleaning is the answer. What I am saying is that when *I* switched the results changed. I am not fool enough to say one way or another is better and since I started cleaning carpets in the early 70's I come from a position of knowledge and experience which may differ from anyone else. As the song goes Different Strokes For Different Folks. My personal experience tells me it should be Different Ways For Different Conditions.

Oh, and this is my carpet which was already there when we moved in 4 years ago. So I get the chance to see it everyday and confirm the spots are not coming back. I'm not guessing, I can attest to what I say happened is fact.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

You mentioned that most of these spots are urine spots. If these were olefin, the pee ran immediatly to the back, pad and floor. Even with OSR, you need gallons of water flushing down and around a urine issue with a spot claw/water claw to maximize the removal of the urine material even before you throw a deoderizer at it. The salts left behind by dried Urine are tenasious in continuing to remove even a little moisture to reactivate and vola, wick back, even three months later. And if the animal is still present still, you can bet he has dribbled here and there as well.

This is what I would do. Replace pad and clean the backing of the carpet and re install the carpet and clean it again and force dry it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

sweendogg said:
You mentioned that most of these spots are urine spots. If these were olefin, the pee ran immediatly to the back, pad and floor. Even with OSR, you need gallons of water flushing down and around a urine issue with a spot claw/water claw to maximize the removal of the urine material even before you throw a deoderizer at it. The salts left behind by dried Urine are tenasious in continuing to remove even a little moisture to reactivate and vola, wick back, even three months later. And if the animal is still present still, you can bet he has dribbled here and there as well.

Bingo. Remove the source. I didnt read the whole thing the first time to see they were urine spots. Flush the spots with a spoting claw. Use an acid to break up the salts. Prochems All Fiber Rinse is a good one tptb use.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Thanks for the ideas. I thought I had run the gambit but never thought about an acid rinse. I cleaned a Berber yesterday with urine stains. I soured them down and really tried to flush them out.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman

Take a picture of the spot, so when you go back, you can see whos problem it is. I had a cc tell me year after year the spots were coming back. Until I took a pic when they weren't looking. When I returned and took out the pic, it was the last time she whined about spots coming back. They kept spilling coffee in the same area for years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom