Best 2" Vacuum Hose ...

The Wizard

Who manufactures the best 2" Vacuum hose, that will not collapse under high heat and large vacuum that can be achieved with an AT?

We recently went to a 25 ft whip hose of 2", from a 50 ft length of 2"; with the rest of the hose being 2.5" the rest of the way back to our trucks, and have collapsed a bunch of different 2" hoses.

Thanks for your help.

The Wizard

G

I dont know about Canada,but we here just go to a respectable dist. and get the normal truckmount hose,and that hose will hold up to any truckmount.If your collapsing your using way to flexible of hose.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Wiz runs a Aerotec unit. Same thing as a Vortex, pretty much. I've never actually collapsed a hose with my V, but I have experienced the hose crimping right behind the wand. That never happened until I started using massive heat.

G

admiralclean said:
The Wiz runs a Aerotec unit. Same thing as a Vortex, pretty much. I've never actually collapsed a hose with my V, but I have experienced the hose crimping right behind the wand. That never happened until I started using massive heat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its the flow with the heat Marty,and it will happen to people with out a V or AT.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I believe the almighty Odin meant:

www.windtrax.com

the carwash supply store.

I have purchased many things over the years from this place, the only thing I didn't like was their clear/colored rib hose I purchased from them in 96 to clean progressive main offices in Ohio.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
because I only use what I need I have been looking for decent hose any hose I have tried collapses or is on its way to collapsing

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I get the same vacuum and heat as Wizard and I have been using the light weight hose from Greenie for about 1 1/2 years now with no problems at all....If you lay your hoses out as straight as possible and use long sweeps around door ways..( both of which you should be doing any way ) then you take out all possibilities of kinks and having it collapse....It is easy to manage, light weight..smooth on the inside..

100_3330-1.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

That hose is also SuperFlex.

It has the blue inner liner as an ID.

We have also used Flexaust TM hose which is at least as durable in our testing.

Larry

Greenie

Remind me to trademark the SuperFlex next time.

Yes, the innner blue liner not only makes the hose smoother on the inside for better airflow, it's also a heat shield and helps to insulate your hot returning water from softening the walls of the hose, yet it's still reasonably flexible, light, and durable.

If you are gonna have a heat/vacuum issue, it's gonna be at the wand, so there are vac hose Bend restrictors avail.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
just call greenie, he has the secret hose thats the shiznizzle, its the exact same light blue as flexhaust however if you look closely at both hoses, the flexhaust has little slightly rounded edges on the outside ribs, whatever greenie sells has a slightly convex outer rib, there is another hose that is a darker blue, its garbage will kink and flatten all the time, the hose I have that is my favorite is what came OEM with my prochem truckmount back in '02, greenie is the only one I have ever seen that sells this hose, it is in fact the best, its flexable yet durable, it should work on any truckmount regardless of power. flexhaust super truckmount is way too stiff, it also causes me to hit stuff that I don't intend while working in the house, its easy to make a mistake and buy it over the stuff greenie sells because it looks the same, did I say just call greenie??

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I had a lot of trouble for years with the hoses kinking due to the high heat I used with my Powermatic. After so many kinks to fight, I would break down and buy a new one, but it would start all over again. Finally got some high heat hose from Steam Way West and never had trouble again. I tried hose that is sold with the CleanCo machines and it was horrible. Odin was funny when he suggested Windtrax. I actually tried it and through it in the garbage a week after I received it.

Sounds like Greenie is the man that knows, but then we expect that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I should have got a hose crimp thingy when I placed my valve replacement order this week. I'm hold that new girl, Karen, personally responsible for not suggesting that when I told her there was something I was forgetting.

GreenBean would have.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Loren Egland said:
After so many kinks to fight, I would break down and buy a new one, but it would start all over again. Finally got some high heat hose from Steam Way West and never had trouble again. .

egg-zaccaly
best hose I've ever used.
I don't know who makes it, but the vac hose supplied with my SW Legacy was/is by far the best hose.

I'm not a fan of the light wt crap.
it might work for some of youinz, but not me.
Once it kinks, it's junk and that kinked section has be cut out cause it will kink all-de-time if not.

..L.T.A.

Greenie

I feel your pain, I know eggxactly what "old" hose you are referring to, it was made in Cali...but no more, over the years they went cheap...in fact it's a good chance that Cleanco crap is made by the same company, as they sell to more than one of todays TM Mfgs., cause...it's low bid.

I've spent 3 years "dialing in" the vac hose, and i'm not done yet, but now that I've got a whole bunch of the industry using it, the volume is up, and we can make changes cause the slaes volume is there to support it...look in your local Interlink Supply catalog for "premium" hose, and smaller vendors like Judson Vacuum systems stock it....it's coming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom