Best Brick Paver Sealer

Jamesh921

Name
James
Custy wants pavers in her kitchen sealed. Which type product would you recommend for durability?

I'm having to remove a polyeurethane sealer from Sherwin Williams that was applied by the installer that only lasted a couple years until it started turning white and flaking in high traffic areas.

So, what would you suggest to remove a "very strongly attached" poly sealer?

And what would you suggest as a replacement that won't flake and crack in just a couple years?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
James - this sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. You are going to have to use some type of roll on remover and wrap it with plastic for at least 24 hours. I have to take a urethane type paver sealer off of pool coping (have another one now that I am working on) and it is a PIA for sure. This was after I had a heated pressure washer and straight chlorine on it.

I personally would steer clear unless you test something that works like a champ. I don't know of any.

Name
Ron lippold
never easy 10-15 bucks a foot. if you use a soy stripper it will darken the floor and will take at least 2 4 hrs. for finish use ultra chem labs platium 5-7 coats, plan on a week.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know anything about stone

so i better ask...is the polyurethane used like "normal" poly???
and is the "stripper" that Ron mentioned a "normal" stripper that's used for removing "normal" floor wax?
(yea I know it's VCT floor "finish" ...so none of you VCT gEEks get your panties in a bunch over me calling it "wax" :mrgreen: )

anyway, if it is "normal" poly, ain't no floor wax stripper gonna touch it...cause it's not water soluble (even water based poly) once it's cured

and again, i don't nuttin about stone, so forgive my ignorance when i ask ... is possible the "white flaking" condition is effervescence???

one last question showing my ignorance...... for $15 a ft and a week's work... couldn't a NEW floor be put down for that????

..L.T.A.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Bring a few things and test. A strong water based stripper first. If this doesn't work you'll have to use some nasty paint remover. I normally would turn it down if water based doesn't remove it. The Jasco paint type of removers would take to many braincells away. :lol:

Larry is probably right, good chance the wb doesn't touch it.

Albert

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
A picture would help. What kind of pavers? The cement kind that are usually outside? Or are you talking about dealing with a saltillo tile?

Jamesh921

Name
James
What kind of pavers? The cement kind that are usually outside? Or are you talking about dealing with a saltillo tile?

Not sure what they're made out of, but they look like real brick - red, pitted....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom