best cordless drill in the $100 to 150 range

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Got a DeWalt 20v at Lowes a few weeks ago for around $150 with accessories. Have used it a lot. Works fine.

Lighter and more compact than my old Makita and battery charge lasts longer.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
I have 5 or 6 Ryobi drills. None have failed, broke one dropping off ladder onto concrete. You must be especially hard on them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Projects, don't have to switch from screwdriver to drill. Some in shop, some in van.

Various times a drill has been included in a package of other tools when I was only looking for spare batteries. The drill ends up being "free"...

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I still have my ryobi drills from construction days. I have dropped them from ladders and beat the crap out of them. Only 1 out of the three I owned died. I even used it as a hammer. A 16foot drop on to concrete is what it takes to break them. Why did I buy cheap drills , cheap batteries . Dewalt is nuts with their prices. I have a 18 volt dewalt but one battery can buy a ryobi drill.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Bought a Milwaukie set and love it. Also the last set of Bosh tools was great but the battery replacements were too expensive.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what volt?
12 vt Makita or Bosch for they compactness
The DeWalt is great too, but given it's size, you may as well get the 20vt compact, cause it's not much bigger

20vt

best??
DeWalt or Bosch

there's a reason 93.27% of all general contractors and carpenters use them.
Buy DeWalt though, cause you'll see sales on their batteries at Home Depot for time to time .(twin pack for just a little more than the price of single packs)
Extremely rare to see sales on Bosch batteries..matter of fact, can't ever recall seeing a twin pack sale like I regularly see for DW

Milwaukee "used" to be top shelf ..but they've gone to sheeit in the last 15 years
Same for Porter Cable
Rigid is junk period

..L.T.A.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Love my Dewalt set. It was a gift so I didn't pay for it. Should last a long time.

I think they are overpriced but that's what you get with a proven brand sometimes.

Just feels like quality.

Name
Danny Strickland
My Porter Cable hasn't given me a days problem in over a year and I use it a lot!

Do what Larree Crapitoni says though. He uses the the most.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
yep i have all dealt but battery are exspensive
ryobi are a lot cheaper to buy and work just as well

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I like dewalt for home but on the job its ryobi. most of the time they are less likely to get stolen and work fine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ryobi is the best value for the DIY'er..they're great tools for the money
In the same class as Porter Cable (current made ones) Craftsman, Skill, Rockwell and Rigid ..only better value

For the professional that uses those tools on a regular basis...DeWalt and Bosch are the tops .
20 years ago, Milwaukee and Porter Cable could be put in the "pro class" too...but not anymore ..not in the last 10 years or so

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Home depot is a large shareholder and pushed for the purchase of Dewalt.

Buck1955

Name
John
My Ryobis have always had battery problems. Porter Cable has been good as my 12v Bosch impact with light comes in real handy.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The guys in the shop only use Milwaukee now. They have burned through just about everyone out there. They like the Makita but they haven't held up like the Milwaukee. Take it for what it's worth but when I required them to start buying their own they chose Milwaukee.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Love my Hitachi drill and inpact driver combo. LIFETIME warranty on tool and two years on batteries.

J

JS41035

My first new truck, a 2005 F150. Came with a new Milwaukee cordless drill and saw. I never really used it for a year. When I did try them both batteries were toast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom