"Best Ever!, I highly recommend it!

Mikey P

Administrator
good lord..

Saw a new guy on FB who after using a new prespray that does not start with S, declare his free sample the "Best Ever" based on one job.

Do you have any idea of how many dirty carpets that would come clean with just the smallest amount of a detergent in your prespray to re wet all the residue left from other attempts?

How many pounds of any given product do you need to use before declaring it worthy of your permanent shelf space?

Reactions: ronbeatty

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You definitely need more than a sample... I'd say more like four-five 45lb pails to determine how well it works and on what type of carpets/soils.

Problem with these online forums is this: newbie can proclaim something and some guys will buy it.
Seasoned old veteran says something and some 50% of the guys will buy it and the other 50% will be thinking: yeah, that guy is a shill, he is friends with the manufacturer/distributor and gets his sh!t for free.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like to think I am open minded and I have tried a lot of product over the years. Right now I am on a Procyon kick and it looks like I will be on it for some time yet. Took me about 6 months to form my conclusions about it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Why would it matter if some FB guy waxes evangelistic for Super JuicyJuice or whatever? Me, I'd just be happy one more guy cares about his trade.

Then I'd ponder the imponderable for awhile. You know, to seem profound and stuff.

J

JS41035

There are so many variables in this job. Hose length, heat, pressure, agitation etc. A dramatic before and after picture can be a fun way to brag. But by now we know that a dozen different chems probably could have gotten the same result. I think that if your are looking for a chemical to replace agitation or heat. Well your probably chasing your tail.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Rinsability, according to Tim Baker the new orange crush from prochem rinses easier faster.

It's a good pre spray but it's not a sledge hammer like fire storm at 13 ph firestorm is a boss. Love flex and Saiger's both are good on tile never fire stormed tile.

Cobbs is good but not great at tile and definitely more limited then the others.

Overall a good in expensive everyday pre spray. My guys will add up to 10 scoops of cobbs on nasties in a 5-1 hydroforce normally only 5 scoops.

Reactions: CTI Courtney

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
How many pounds of any given product do you need to use before declaring it worthy of your permanent shelf space?
I would like to go thru at least a 45 pound pail of a product to really see if it is good. I had a free sample given to me in Vegas of a pre spray and I cleaned one of my monthly restaurants with it, it cleaned good, but when I went back the other night it was pretty bad looking, so it tells me it doesn't rinse well at all and will not be on my truck.

Reactions: Mikey P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Most important thing I keep seeing is people not supporting the ones that they call begging for help when they are totally SOL. As for most presprays they all work all of them. Each has its own thing that makes you want to come back and buy it but if they didn't work for what they were designed no one would buy them. So with that buy from the one that is going to be I your corner when you need them most. Or they just might not answer when you call again

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you have to buy all your chem from one supplier so that he will service your equipment quickly when you break down, it's time to find a new supplier. John, when a carpet cleaner calls you because he needs help, you should treat that situation as an opportunity to gain a customer. Just because someone who used to be a customer no longer shops with you, that's not being disloyal, it means you no longer have what he wants or needs. I shop at many suppliers and I support the ones that have the product and service that I need. I may shop grudgingly at others that have items I need but don't provide any support.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you have to buy all your chem from one supplier so that he will service your equipment quickly when you break down, it's time to find a new supplier. John, when a carpet cleaner calls you because he needs help, you should treat that situation as an opportunity to gain a customer. Just because someone who used to be a customer no longer shops with you, that's not being disloyal, it means you no longer have what he wants or needs. I shop at many suppliers and I support the ones that have the product and service that I need. I may shop grudgingly at others that have items I need but don't provide any support.
That's not what I said. i knew when I posted there would be certain people that took it wrong and that's ok. Read it again. I didn't say buy from me and only me. I've been around long enough for people to know how they will be treated when they call and come in. I also send people to their local guys when I know for sure they have great local guys. Most people have no idea what it cost to have a TW or a Travis on staff ready to help and stay late and even drive out and get people back on the road. My list was for those guys that only show up when they are broke down and act like they are your best friend and if you help them one more time they will stop buying verywhere else and support you because no one else will help them.. then they buy one jug of chemicals and disappear until the next emergency, happens all over the country so my post was to them and to the new guy don't be that guy or you might end up with no one to turn to when they have cut hours or lay people off or worse close the doors.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
John, it sounds like you go the extra mile for your customers and that's great. I'm sure you have a solid reputation and loyal customers but just because you helped someone in need, doesn't mean they become your new best friend. People break down and call around until they find someone willing to help with their problem and it is always up to you if you want to do it or not. Don't expect anything in return. I have a problem with suppliers who cry poverty but when you try to return defective products, they turn around and say that's your problem. Not you, one of our local suppliers. People may buy more from you if you treat them well and establish a rapport with them but at the same time, you have to be competitive both price wise and product/service wise. It works both ways.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ron what you described is opposite of what I said :) if you have a supplier like that call me. Same with everyone else. Marty shops at TCS because they have his back. People shop with me because they know I have their back. Your trying hard to turn what I said into something it wasn't please don't do that read it again. It is what it is and nothing more :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom