Best Leave Behind is definitely a comfortable pen

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I did spotter bottles and didn't get much feedback. People really didn't care. I get people all the time saying thank goodness I had your pen, I needed your number for a friend or I lost you info then I remembered the pen I use it everyday.
I am still book solid weeks out, this last month has been by far my busiest (Imay even hit $1,000 for the month).

The reason I thought of this today is I had gotten 4 calls in the last 2 days from previous customers who mention the pen. I have gotten atleast 50 people in the last 2 months.(that is about $10,000)

What is your best leave behind I leave 2 pens,2 magnets and 3 business cards and one thing you guys don't CLEAN DRY CARPETS :)

DevilDog

My goodness, the spotter bottles are HOT for us. A person can get five pens for $2, but a decent spotter they love.

DevilDog

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken: stealing some of your stuff has helped significantly so has the APEX. Next Spring bigger and better

devildog: You need the right pen

Driguy

I love the pens that say

" This pend was stolen from XXXXXXX, if found please call XXXX and talk to Salesmensoinso"

very clever

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have had pens and magnets for years and are looking into the Jondon spot out program as well. I like the magnet (a 5 color purple truck) as if put on the fridge will be seen every day. Pens tend to get put in a drawer I find and are also a personal item with different preferences.

CleanEvo

I just recently had sticky note pads printed with the company name, phone number and web site. People seem to like them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
100_3595.jpg

the dry erase board and the spotter bottle is always a hit............

the rest is information we give to new clients on carpet care and such.....also a huge hit

is is a older picture that has a few extra things in it that we used for a show.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Greg can u post a pic of your pen, or a model #? Seriously if you are finding people really care about them I'd be interested to at least consider them, although being a low baller I have to watch my spec adv expense.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
absolutely. I order them from National pens and it is the contour pen I wind up paying about 49 cents a piece. I just took a picture of them and will post it next inning

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Come on, Ken, even if you are a "low baller" (you said it, I didn't) you can spring for a "buck a bottle" with lifetime free replacement policy, can't you? The perceived value of these leave behind bottles with your logo and message on them will be tremendous. At a buck a bottle it is a no-brainer!

Get with it, man.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training and Internet "Spot-Out Shill"
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS I reluctantly have to agree with Ken Snow (I mean, how smart can the man be if he is "still looking into the Jon-Don Spot-Out program"? LOL) I too think that pens can get all too easily stuck in the drawer. On the other hand, every time there is a spot on the carpet the customer reaches for the Spot-Out ... and is grateful.

Truth in Shilling Disclosure: As far as I know I am the guy who came up with the Lifetime Free Spotter concept. When I came to Jon-Don 11 years ago I brought the concept with me. To John and Nick Paolella's credit they immediately jumped on the concept. Oddly enough, I asked nothing for the idea (this is not like me) and I receive nothing when we sell the product. But Jon-Don has developed an excellent system for customizing the bottles with your logo/info and I would encourage everyone to check the Spot-Out program out.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm watching the game too~ Boston is a really tough team. I'm in Detroit, and grew up in Cleveland so naturally I was hoping Boston wouldn't make it. Now that they're in it I hope they win in 4!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no I may make a thousand dollars and maybe even get to $10,500 for the year :mrgreen:

I did a spotter program and am not looking to slam it in anyway. I am just a very small company who has been booked solid since april and just started full time in January. So the long term I don't know, I do know that the companies and individuals who have refered me have almost (I would say 80% mention the 49 cent pen. The pen doesn't even have my logo just my info.

I can't get a good pic, I am trying

Picture369.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I know the pen it is a decent one. We use a bic stick pen with clear shaft, purple ink, cap and nub with 1-800-HAGOPIAN in a white screen on it.

I think we pay in the teens for it ordering 5000k at a time. I still think our magnet gives us a better ROI.

Ken

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do think the type of pen makes the difference but I do not have to worry about inventory control or anyything other outside factors

BRSUMMERVILLE

How can magnets work as advertiement. I see a lot of the competitions magnets on the fridge. When cleaning their customers carpets or upholstery. Some one in the hold usually like to collect magnets.

Bob Rock

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we are talking about pens. the magnets are a cheap added bonus I love seeing my magnet on fridges and if you see your competitions ask if you can have it if you give them 2 of yours

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree many people have lots of magnets but usually I find they are for different business types not competition. I don't mind sharing fridge space with the H & C guy or the local pizza place. We all get that customers business I hope.

Rex Tyus

How can magnets work as advertiement. I see a lot of the competitions magnets on the fridge. When cleaning their customers carpets or upholstery. Some one in the hold usually like to collect magnets.

They only worked if they like you or your service. My first year giving out Mags I gave away hundreds. Now I hardly ever give one away(they have one on the fridge already). The fact that your customers still have the mags on the fridge of cleaners they didn't like is a testimonial to how well the program works.

People don't through away magnets. :shock:

Pens are an interesting concept. I will have to consider it.

Kevin

Done the National pens...had the My Favorite Pen and the Stolen from pens. People use them and also lose them, than throw away when ink runs out.

Magnets last forever - They are #1

Spotter - Some people use it and others don't but it stays around the house a long time

Calenders - They last a full year. They work well

BillC

I have left spotter for my customers but some of them call me about a spot from something they spilled and I ask them if they used the spotter and they say they forgot that they had it. So I'm looking into pens and magnets..

GRHeacock

I have tried lots of items to give away. The best one was originally from Claude Blackburn- a bud vase with a flower in it.

I had a customer with a plant nursery where I got them once a week, a box of 24. Customers loved them.

Over 4 or 5 years, I was running into so many customers with several bud vases, they no longer appreciated them. I stopped.

I gave away spotters and magnets, and pens.

What worked the best for me over the years was pens. I got them from National Pen, and used several varieties over the years.

People do use them, and I think most do not wind up in drawers, and next year, they got another pen, just about the time the first one was running out of ink.

Gary

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BRSUMMERVILLE said:

Bob Rock

It was someone on this board one time said that they like to collect other cleaner magnets

and that is why we went to this type

IMG_2446.jpg

I really don't think no one is going to remove this if it is written on
we have circulated these enough now that I see them in a lot of my repeat clients homes being used....everyone loves them....

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Magnets were very valuable for us. It was amazing how many times a customer would move out and the only thing they would leave would be our magnet stuck on the fridge. Then the new occupant would call us and say, "I didn't know who to call to clean the carpets and then magically my eye fell on your magnet on the refrigerator."

True story.

Steve

PS I still like our "Spot-Out" Free Spotter for Life program best. Ken, I am amazed we don't have Hagopians brought into the fold yet. Expect a call from Parthavi or Tina. Be afraid, very afraid ... :)

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I like that idea Jim. I personally don't like things hanging on my fridge but yours give them another reason to be there. Where do you get them?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
use your spotter bottles (and everything else)
to market YOUR company

not the product or who puts it out........

100_3591.jpg

BillC

Jim, those magnets and the water bottle really look good. Thanks for sharing it. I will have give that company a call for pricing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom