Best per srcubber for dirty carpets.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I was wondering what you guys liked best for per scrubbing bad carpets or areas. I now typically use the grooming rake in conjunction with good dwell time of a proper per spray. That being said I saw a video of the crb or host machine that made it look so fast and easy ( light weight ) I am now very curious and may get one. A used one.

What's your thoughts?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Bill get whatever you can find locally and is in your budget. Its nice to get 1 of each but you have to start somewhere.

I started with a Host and then picked up a 175 rotary. The host is light weight and does a great job. But you can get either of these for about the same price used.

Just get one or the other and speed up your cleaning on those really dirty ones.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Host scrubbs good but a little slow. Whittaker crb (lomac and Gls) do an amazing job and very easy to use.

rotary scrubbers weigh more and are harder to use.

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
So I have a CRB, 3 OP's, a cimex, and 2 rotaries and use them all as needed when best suited. My all time favorite prescrubber is a dual speed rotary. Their is something about the 300 rpm that just works and is really fast!

CRB is the best for dog hair and deeply imbedded soil (don't use it on the wrong style cpt or it's striped dreadlocks). Will pull soil up and out but will not tend to break soil off cpt fibers as well. Easy to take up and down stairs as well to get in and out of truck. Best for tile and grout prescrub (I carry a fabric bag full of sand and rest it over the CRB body to give additional head weight when need). Can be effective for encap work.

OP prescrubs very well, breaks soil off fiber very well and if the truck mount breaks down you can finish the job with it. Can be very cumbersome to take up and down stairs as well to get in and out of truck. My favorite for encap. Will work with absorbent pads so you can leave with additional soil.

Cimex very impressive all around scrub, breaks soil off fiber very well. Very little training necessary. Can be very cumbersome to take up and down stairs as well to get in and out of truck. Gravity feed is a big plus! Will encap very well (one of the best).

Rotary is a basic on the truck!! It can do it all pretty well. Fairly easy on and off the truck as well as up and down stairs. A switched 175/300 is even better, it is the fastest and over all the best value. You can strip, prescrub hard and soft surface (fastest and nimblest for carpet). While not the best for encap will work well. Will also work with absorbent pads so you can leave with additional soil.

Hope this helps!!

Demien

Temple

We also use the host machine. It works very well. It has 2 brushes that rotate in opposite directions. It lifts the pile up very nicely. You can a get a used one off ebay for cheap.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Jimbo

Oreck Orbitec with the black brush seems to do a great job...plus it weighs about 35 pounds..it is not so much a swing machine...wants to go in a straight line...plus it is the bomb for prescrub on stairs including the nosings!

My 175...Cimex...and CRB machine have a nice spot in the garage...and I take them if really needed...but the Orbitec rides on the van.

Here is an example of one...not mine..http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORECK-XL-ORBITE ... 19d223a464

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
One more note. The best machine to scrub the carpets is one that will be used. I have a cimex and a rotary and I have never ever used them to scrub carpet. Sure they would work well but they weigh to much to get in and out of the truck on a regular basis.

Crbs weigh about 45#s, my guys scrub every carpet with them. I don't think I would get the same from a rotary or a cimex.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I have a Host and a 175. I prefer the results and the speed of the 175 using the pads from Rick G. (can't remember what they're called.) The Host does not weigh enough to dig well enough to suit me and it leaves lines in some carpet that are near impossible to get out.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
if the host was just more powerful it would be a pretty cool machine but mine bogs down a bit. it really works great on polyester carpets particularly the frieze styles. I know a 175 would be faster but its bulkier and heavier and would be more of a pain to carry inside the truck. I only scrub about 10% of the carpets I clean so I get by ok with the host machine.

Remi

I use a Koblenz scrubber. It's a dual rotary head and works great for the price.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Right now just using the grooming rake and dwell time of course. But I really like the oreck or the crb. Which one does a better job all around with carpet and tile? How much do they each weigh?

Any one looking for some good scrubbers?
I Need money for project prochem
selling my Host 450
selling my sebo crb 150
selling my green horn (14 inch, with slot glide, 1.5 tube) $175

shoot me a pm or email and I'll send you some photos, early next week,

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Padden McFadden said:
selling my green horn (14 inch, with slot glide, 1.5 tube) $175

forgive my ignorance, but i didn't know they made 1.5" tube'd, 14" GH???

the best tool for shearing soil off any fiber is a heavy rotary...period
adjust aggressiveness by using the appropriate VCT type pads and bonnets for the particular carpet type and/or conditions

..L.T.A.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
So I guess my question is now, what's the best pre scrubber that is easy to bring in & out of the vans yet does a great job on scrubbing out bad traffic areas as well as tile/ stone & grout. I know the smaller scrubbers that are lightweight won't have the weight to dig into the grout so I could always have a sandbag sorta thing to drop on top to help.

I do have a buffer for honing stone and scrubbing floors but it's just to heavy and cumbersome to bring in & out of the vans. Not practical on our smaller E-250 either as space is limited big time. I guess it's down to the CRB or Oreck Orbiter. So which is better and why. Pros & Cons please guys.

Thanks a lot

The guy who sold me the wand said it was the same as the green horn, but for the 1.5 inch tube. It looks to be exactly the same other wise. Also It doesn't have angled jets.

a green horn or not, it works good and is nice for large areas. any one interested will get lots of pics, to see if they like it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Padden McFadden said:
The guy who sold me the wand said it was the same as the green horn, but for the 1.5 inch tube. It looks to be exactly the same other wise. Also It doesn't have angled jets.

a green horn or not, it works good and is nice for large areas. any one interested will get lots of pics, to see if they like it.

You were taken...

What makes a Greenhorn a Greenhorn, IS the 2 inch tube WITH the angled jets and Greenglide. Even my stair wand from Greenie is a 2inch tube all the way to the small head.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The best pre scrubber is one that gets used the most.

In my case its the CRB.

Light, fast and easy to train on how to use

Zee said:
Padden McFadden said:

You were taken...

What makes a Greenhorn a Greenhorn, IS the 2 inch tube WITH the angled jets and Greenglide. Even my stair wand from Greenie is a 2inch tube all the way to the small head.

OK, thanks, I didn't know exactly what made a green horn a green horn. This wouldn't be a green horn then. It's the same wand with the exeption that it has a 1.5 inch tub, non angled jets. Not a green horn . But is a nice wand.

woodsey

Mikey, How much better and faster is the 175 with the cleanfreak over the cimex for prescrubbing ? We are doing alot more commercial and need production. Presently using cimex with gray pads then wanding.

Back
Top Bottom