Best TM?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Like many good things (a good marriage, being a parent, etc) the job is harder than you'd expect, and more rewarding than you can imagine.

You might like to know this: In 40+ years in the supply side of this business, I've met many, MANY guys who came into the business, then left for one of several reasons, then came back to it again. They said that once the combination of rewarding work (you see things get better every moment you work) and the diversity of experiences you'll have, and the way you conquer challenges of technical issues (stains, strange odors, etc) and people issues (making crazy people happy no one else can tolerate) gets into you like a drug, you can never kick the habit.

If a business is that rewarding, not just financially but at every other level, how could you not love it?

And if you look at all the people on these forums: If they didn't love it, why would they spend their free time "hanging out" talking about it when they aren't doing it?

You'll love this business. Just follow the great advice your adopted uncles are giving you here.
Jim, you are absolutely right. Just look at how many people on this board have 30 plus years carpet cleaning. It's addictive, I need to start going to CCA (carpet cleaners anonymous)

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I love this industry and even after selling my business I stayed in it. My boyfriend patiently listens to me when I go on my carpet cleaning binge talks about a equipment, etc! And when I get around my carpet cleaner friends he knows that we will be yapping about work and he goes with it. I've heard him mumble something about crazy rug suckers but couldn't quite decipher it lol.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
As you can see Dustin, most any thread will eventually will lose track of itself as did this one.

I am told that is part of the charm of this place, but sadly both charm and humor escape me, as I am a man who lacks both.

You received good advice both on your original truck mount purchase question, along with good follow up business counsel as well. If there is anything we can do to help you further with your new business venture, please repost here, or contact any of us privately.

steve_64

The problem with part time and being offshore is when the customer calls they want it cleaned asap. they wont wait for you.
Flexibility is very important when starting up.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Wow. Some harsh realities. I definitely wouldn't go 50k-100k debt starting out. That is not good business. Maybe 20-30k max?

My first unit was old with used van $10500.00
A ford 2500 with a prochem 150 in it.

And I had experience I kept all my costs down.

After year and a half my cousin took over 'payment on my first unit, I got a legend se.

Ran that for a year.

Sold it to a friend with the van he took over payments and I got new carpets for my house.

And I got a great deal a brand new Chevy van and prochem 405 financed through GMAC.

Zero interest financed everything 72 months $660.00 a month best deal I ever got.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have a Sapphire 454 complete with low milage 2011 GM Van for $25K.
Capable of dual-wanding.
Actual photo:
SS454Van.jpg

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=5284

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom