Best way to Glue/Silicone vac hose cuffs

Name
BradFenstermaker
Tell me the best way to seal these up on my vac hose. I am not sure how much to use. Do I put it cuff first or on the hose.

I need to install my new cool cuffs that dropped on the porch today from Superior Solutions.

I have some vac hose now that has glued rubber cuffs now. I like how they don't leak.

Tanks ah wot

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like that shoe goo stuff...makes a really good leak prof bond....just put some around a few threads on the hose and screw the cuff on..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
0007681801001_500X500_zps3781449d.jpg

yep....just under 10 bucks...permanent and water prof......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what about like a silicone????

and can you work them off, if you need to cut a little off, or something like that???

Name
Shawn Forsythe
first time that Shawn has been wrong ever.....
3M automotive weatherstrip adhesive...is the way ta go....
it comes in yellow or black...i lik the black.....

Bawb,

Have you even tried Gorilla Glue? I have, many times.

First, and this can be a drawback if you don't like it, it is very permanent. Good luck removing it (which can be a good thing). The cuff is as permanent as the welded on cuffs hoses sometimes come with.

Second, it seals the cuff perfectly. When applied as the instructions indicate (wet both parts with water first), the GG expands slightly as it hardens, sealing up any gaps. It is a completely airtight seal.

But, I am sure that there is more than one way to perform the task Brad is wanting to do. But I think that weatherstrip adhesive is probably better for weatherstrip than anything else.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
na na na na naaaaaaaa na!
i'm jus takin' a wild stab at it ......
but i'm betting I've secured more cuffs
than anyone here......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom