Billy Hicks showed up at Florida Connections with his new AT

Mikey P

Administrator
So did Ken Harris....

They gave him a card table in the back corner.

he was showing off his crap compared to Banana gliders.

That's a long drive for Camp Site Kenny.

Bob Foster

8f77d17f.jpg

a65a8f0c.jpg

b5bf99ed.jpg

b591d67f.jpg

28e70698.jpg

67c3d786.jpg

f58f8f68.jpg

73d622fc.jpg

988abc8d.jpg

1a8d67d1.jpg

2b0ffb22.jpg

accea3a2.jpg

0ce33136.jpg

557d9136.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no idea what size blower was in that Butler, but considering danny was the one who said it was a 59, then it must have really been a 47.

However, Peter Seltzer did told me about 6 months ago that Butler was in the process of incorporating a 59 blower into their design.

So, I guess there is a possibility that danny knew what he was talking about.

However remote ...

G

Billy had the Vortex demo truck and looked at an AT from an owner. Once he saw the AT his decision was made. He said the small details on the AT were way nicer than Vortex and the AT heated up much quicker.

Billy's truck is awesome.

Dave

Mikey P

Administrator
The latest V's will heat to 290º in 7 minutes.

It'll take Billy that long to walk from the truck to the master bedroom in those castles he cleans.

Greenie

You ain't gonna fit a 5009 in that dog house, so I would expect some changes are in order for their bigger trucks, maybe a waste tank as well, bigger Heat Exchangers?

G

Mikey P said:
The latest V's will heat to 290º in 7 minutes.

Where's the stability in design...for the life of me I can't see why would anyone buy one with so many changes going on??? It's like ken hairass...the new and improved model is coming next week.

Add to that the long list of past contract manufacturers...

VORTEX...The AMC of Truckmounts!!!

danpauselius

That Butler is Sweeeeeeeeeet! But Mike is right, that box is too damned small, even on the bigger one.

I would not buy it if it didn't have the 59 either.

The Preacher

the sticker on the window of the Butler said 78k!!!

i met and spoke with Armand from Butler. That truck got lots of attention for good reason.

I also met Thom from Blueline and ran the Vortex. it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation standing at the side door. It was a nice machine.

I didn't get to meet Billy Hicks but his AT was nice, but what big machine isn't??? there were people in the back of his truck (not standing up???) so i didn't get to find out much about the new changes?

F

FB7777

to date its my understanding that they are putting in a 4007 blower in these trucks along with max heat.

I like the shelves, but I think it would be better in a 12 or 14 foot box.

I'll seriously consider this truck when they have a 59 blower option. Will they still be about to shaft drive this off an installed pulley like the 4005 and 4007 blowers or will they have to power take off the tranny?

I like the roll-up side door.

I'd also like to see a 300 foot hose reel option, I hate hanging extra hose in the rear. If you're gonna offer a 59 dual wand machine you should be able to carry at least 400 feet of hose.

The Preacher

i didn't ask what blower it had, i just said 59 cause i was tawkin to Paytoilet and knew he'd talk smack if it didn't "measure up"!!! LOL

harryhides

Name
Tony
So Danny, where's the pictures ? Telling what you've seen with no pics is pretty useless.
And did you do the fire walk, or were you too chicken?

I'm guessing you wussed out ? I'll bet that Marty with his gnarly feet would do it no problem.

The Preacher

we (Jessica and I) left about 6pm to drive home.

i did git lickered up with Scooter and Ivan Turner Wednesday nite however, and a seed from the doobage Ivan was passing around popped out, landed in my sandal and burnt my foot, does that count???

-JB-

Name
JB
74k for a Butler in a box truck?

It's sharp looking, but it damn well better be for the price, what's different about it over the van's? Heat? Vac?

Don't get me wrong Butler does make a consistently good van, it just doesn't seem like them to "keep up with the Jones", so why now? What's so special about it?

Are they really missing that big a portion of market share on the BIG TRUCKS?
or
Is that the way the industry is headed?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom