bissel vs. sanitare??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I bought a bissel vac, after hearing all the glowing reports from mikefest, the only problem I have with it, is after vacuuming a few nasties the thing is covered in dust and the clear plastic on the front is always dirty and looks like crap, the only way to avoid this would be to clean the thing with soap and water after every use, seeing as I only use it on ones where I can see the customers vac is not working. also the dirt holding area is small and often times needs cleaning in the middle of the house, I am thinking this vac is just not suited to commercial duty, it sure vacs well, will the sanitare still vac as well while getting rid of all my other issues??

TimP

I use the prochem pv12 made by windsor. works excellent for carpet cleaning especially if you're more toward residential. Travels well self adjusts and sucks very well. If you're more towards commercial cleaning get a backpack vac.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I'm a big fan of Sanitare I've had one for 8+ years all it's needed belts, a new shake out bag every year or so, insert brush's for the beater bar.

we use it for vacuuming and dusting rugs hours of use every work day for 8 years

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
had a Bissel we used in a com janitorial job.

It vacced 1500sf of loop pile 4 times a week for 2 years.
I replaced it with another.
Not cause the old one was broke, but it was looking rather ugly and beat up.

There's plenty blow by with them, that's for sure.
Most cheap vacs (and some expensive ones) suffer the same fate.

Sanitare/Eureka vacs are good.
We used those for years too.
The biggest kick I have with Sanitare/Eureka design is NO easy on board attachment hose.
The other PITA about them is getting chunks/debris caught in the belt and stalling the brush/bar.
We can suck up paper clips, pennies and ju-ju beads with the Bissel

One side note, you mentioned having to empty the dust cup often.
That's a fact of life.
It's not unusual for us to empty the cup a couple times on one large room that has dogs or cats.
I carry a small trash can liner while vaccing those and empty often.
What I end up with in the trash can liner would fill two vac bags.
With any bag vac, 70% of that crap would be left on the carpet cause of lose of air flow after the first room of hair and animal dander

..L.T.A.

Johnnyone

steve g said:
I bought a bissel vac, the only problem I have with it, is after vacuuming a few nasties the thing is covered in dust and the clear plastic on the front is always dirty and looks like crap, the only way to avoid this would be to clean the thing with soap and water after every use,

I have a Sanitair vacc and it does the same thing you just described.
I always empty the bag of nasty in there trash can and wipe it down so it has the shiny look again.

If you have any more problems just read meat post again....

The Preacher

don't waste your money on the 5845. when i worked in jan/san a city dept bought 2 and we saw em almost monthly for some sort of repair!!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use a cheap paint brush to dust off my hoover conquest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom