BLACK STREAKS ON OUTSIDE OF CAMPER

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I just bought a 2005 camper and it has black streaks on the aluminum siding. The only thing I get to maybe work is straight stripper. But not that great. Any ideas would help.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Take it to a DETAIL SHOP.....They will BUFF-OUT....The wax will prevent in the future....

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The black streaks are likely from rain running off a rubber roof. Get some rubber roof cleaner/sealer and clean/apply product. then clean the black streaks. Clean your roof regularly and treat with rubber roof product and it will stop the streaking somewhat. Most good degreasors (simple green etc.) will remove the streaks or you can buy black streak remover in the RV section. Ahh RV maitenance...
Al

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Simple Green..

My bud had those problems with his camper.
He tried several products.
One was a product specifically labeled for "black streaks" he bought (got ripped off for) at the camper dealer

He asked me what to use, I grabbed some SG out of the van and the streaks dissolved with no effort or elbow grease

fo-reel

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Al.....is correct in where the stains are coming from.....

I am assuming the siding is a off white or beige.....the black stain will permeate the
factory "CLEAR-COAT"....

To remove the stain...you must use a "high speed" buffer with a resin based cleaner...

You can try...a very light "rubbing compound" by hand...Just be careful NOT to rub
through the clear coat.

If it is not to bad try a "MOTHERS" brand "cleaner wax".

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It comes from all the black rubber......The rubber dries out and oxidizes.....

actually melts the petroleum base ingredients in the weather strippings...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom